castler

castler

Enlightened
Jul 11, 2022
Scientists Discover Deadly Pool At Bottom Of Ocean That Kills Anything That Swims Into It

Scientists from the University of Miami have discovered a lethal pool at the bottom of the Red Sea that kills anything that swims into it. As per research, the brine pool was uncovered 1.7 kilometres beneath the surface using a remotely operated underwater vehicle. The scientists came across the deadly pool during the last five minutes of a ten-hour dive.

The researchers explained that a brine pool is a depression in the seafloor that is filled with highly concentrated salt water and other chemical elements which is saltier than the surrounding ocean. They said that these underwater pools can stun or kill animals and even pickle them alive.

Speaking to Live Science, lead researcher Sam Purkis described the deadly pools as "among the most extreme environments on Earth" and said, "Any animal that strays into the brine is immediately stunned or killed."

Further, Mr Purkis informed that fish, shrimp and eels appear to use the brine to hunt. He explained that these creatures lurk near the deadly pool to "feed on the unlucky" creatures that inadvertently swim into it.

A brine pool can stun or kill animals and even pickle them alive.

Thoughts? I may travel to said loc to "swim" in that as I haven't swam in a pool in a while anyway and that seems like a comforting pool...

• Informative
  • Wow
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, bubo, lofticries and 2 others
S

Suspect_Device

Student
Jul 10, 2022
That's awesome and fucked up.

• Love
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and Life_and_Death
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
Too bad it's 1.7 km below the surface.

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and castler
castler

castler

Enlightened
Jul 11, 2022
Too bad it's 1.7 km below the surface.
This is located @ 5300ft (1.7km) u can scuba dive safely to 2k ft, but would need several air tanks to reach it. U could CTB both ways at the same time I guess.

I was further reading about underwater stuff and just happened upon this funny scenerio:
"is it possible to fart underwater"
Farting is possible while scuba diving but not advisable because: Diving wetsuits are very expensive and the explosive force of an underwater fart will rip a hole in your wetsuit. An underwater fart will shoot you up to the surface like a missile which can cause decompression sickness.

• Wow
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and rationaltake
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
This is located @ 5300ft (1.7km) u can scuba dive safely to 2k ft, but would need several air tanks to reach it. U could CTB both ways at the same time I guess.

I was further reading about underwater stuff and just happened upon this funny scenerio:
"is it possible to fart underwater"
The limit I have been finding is 130 feet for recreational divers and 200 feet for serious divers. According to Wikipedia the record for a Navy diver is 2000 feet and the record using a hyperbaric chamber is 2300 feet, so getting to 5300 feet just doesn't seem possible.

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and castler
castler

castler

Enlightened
Jul 11, 2022
Correct. I admire the bottleneck dolphins who can reach anywhere from 1280 to 1600ft depth. Why can't we have that capability?

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and Someone123
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
Scientists from the University of Miami have discovered a lethal pool at the bottom of the Red Sea that kills anything that swims into it. As per research, the brine pool was uncovered 1.7 kilometres beneath the surface using a remotely operated underwater vehicle. The scientists came across the deadly pool during the last five minutes of a ten-hour dive.

The researchers explained that a brine pool is a depression in the seafloor that is filled with highly concentrated salt water and other chemical elements which is saltier than the surrounding ocean. They said that these underwater pools can stun or kill animals and even pickle them alive.

Speaking to Live Science, lead researcher Sam Purkis described the deadly pools as "among the most extreme environments on Earth" and said, "Any animal that strays into the brine is immediately stunned or killed."

Further, Mr Purkis informed that fish, shrimp and eels appear to use the brine to hunt. He explained that these creatures lurk near the deadly pool to "feed on the unlucky" creatures that inadvertently swim into it.

View attachment 95974
A brine pool can stun or kill animals and even pickle them alive.

Thoughts? I may travel to said loc to "swim" in that as I haven't swam in a pool in a while anyway and that seems like a comforting pool...
So you are going to swim almost halfway down to the titanic? Or are you going to jump out of the R.O.V.:wink:
Sorry if I shouldn't have made a joke about it.:hug:

• Yay!
Reactions: castler
castler

castler

Enlightened
Jul 11, 2022
Cling to a vw bug bumper, I might make it.

Why does the good methods gotta be out of reach?

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer