• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Tintypographer

Tintypographer

I am done as of 4-21-2023. Somewhere I am no more
Apr 29, 2020
An article in the journal Toxological Communications

Discusses a comprehensive review of literature and coroner's reports on suicides or accidental deaths by sodium nitrite.

From.this article:

Over the 11-year study period, there were 390 individual nitrite or nitrate exposures reported to the NPDS. After excluding all unintentional, accidental, intentional-abuse, and intentional-misuse exposures, 42 patients remained. These 42 patients were coded as intentional-suspected suicide (25 patients), intentional-unknown (five patients), or unknown (12 patients). Details of these 42 patients were then requested from individual poison centers, and we received records for 35 (83%, 35/42 cases).
After reviewing the free text details of the 35 patients, we confirmed that 20 involved the product sodium nitrite. The products in the remaining 15 cases were amyl nitrite, isobutyl nitrite, sodium nitrate, or other nitrate-containing substances. A further three cases were excluded as one was an accidental ingestion of a home remedy, one was a questionable intravenous exposure, and the third was an information call regarding only a potential exposure. Therefore, the final cohort included 17 patients from the following states: Connecticut, Colorado, Nebraska, Oregon, Michigan, Georgia, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Washington, Wisconsin, California, and Washington D.C. Figure 1 illustrates how the final cohort of patients was established.

Characteristics of the exposures are shown in Table 1. The mean age of the cohort was 23.2 years old and was almost evenly split between male and female patients. The amount of product ingested was reported in 71% of the patients (12/17) and while the range was from 250 mg to 907 g, most patients reported ingesting over 15 g. The majority of patients presented with visible cyanosis (76%, 13/17) and had a mean oxygen saturation of 85%. Methemoglobin concentrations were reported in 59% of the cases (10/17), although an absolute value was not available in two cases and were only reported as being above the upper limit of detection for the machine. Methylene blue was administered to 82% (14/17), with 2 mg/kg the most commonly administered dose. In eight cases, it was confirmed, either by the patient themselves or by suicide notes at the scene, that they had researched this specific method of suicide online. Intubation and advanced cardiac life support (ACLS) were each used in 47% of cases (8/17, respectively). The overall mortality rate amongst this cohort was 41% (7/17), and one patient was lost to follow up. All of the patients requiring ACLS ultimately died or were lost to follow up. Notably, all cases of sodium nitrite ingestion occurred in the final 2 years of the study period.

What this says is that there have only been 42 cases as of the publication in 2019 in the USA using sodium nitrite as a suicide in the literature that these authors published from the national poison control center for the USA

A follow-up article also in the same journal increased that number to 47 as of 2021

What we have is a piece of @fixthe26 legislation promotion and strongly image evoking horror is a misrepresentation of facts from anecdotes and tweets. Even the NY Times article so dramatically exposing the reported "thousands of children being indoctrinated in a cult of death" on this forum. I never see these articles of doctors and toxicologists and front line ER employees on the gratuitous tweets of the @kelli @fixthe26. No one goes to bat for the millions of views by people deeply caught up in depression and suicidal ideation for the real story. Instead they simply attack the site with a narrative that supposes the thousands of clicks per hour on sanctioned suicide lead to an equivalent number of deaths by meat curative obtained through illicit means. This remains one of the smallest proportion of suicides well behind guns, strangulation, jumping from buildings, or overdose on medicine.

My daughter died of a gunshot wound self inflicted to the back of the roof of her mouth yet Mel Gibson's character on Lethal weapon 1 interacting with Danny Glover isn't debated here at all despite the depiction of that in a movie I saw as a teen in the 80s.

Where is the anguish and vile hatred for those methods.

Last edited:
Ethereal Knight

Ethereal Knight

Seja um bom soldado, morra onde você caiu.
Jan 10, 2022
"All patients presented in the final two years of the study period."
"Intentionally ingesting sodium nitrite represents a novel, growing trend and carries a high mortality rate among young adults."
it's no wonder why I rushed to get my SN: they are going to ban or severely restrict it in the near future and this is something fairly easy to predict.

"Presenting symptoms can include cyanosis, decreased oxygen saturation, hypotension, and central nervous system (CNS) depression, among many others." - CNS depression basically means less activity in the brain... I'll probably start to see things more and more black until I faint out...

"We observed a 30% (13/44) mortality rate in this population." - I don't know, isn't that because these people were brought to the hospital? if I'm not mistaken, the PPeH says that those who aren't found and aren't brought to the hospital usually die.

"The number of reported exposures increased each year following 2017" - what about now, that we had all this covid-19, lockdowns, masks and social distance stuff, some people have become really isolated... are the CTB going to increase? some say that yes. I really don't know.

"The 2019 Annual Report of the NPDS summarizes all exposures reported to NPDS by US poison centers in that year and indicated a mortality rate of 0.44% for all reported intentional exposures. The report includes 280,823 intentional exposures with suicidal intent, out of which 909 deaths were reported, representing a fatality rate of 0.32% in this subset." - where do they take these numbers from? from what I read in the PPeH, the SN method is "very reliable", according to PPeH.

"Mudan et al. [7] describe a series of five cases of intentional ingestion of sodium nitrite (...) Three of the patients in their series called emergency medical services themselves following ingestion(...)" - I personally can't understand why people take SN just to shortly after call the emergency medical services themselves. I don't know. no judgments. I just can't understand the why.

Pen>Sword

Pen>Sword

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam
Jan 13, 2021
Can someone give me a TL;DR? I just returned from my clinical for nursing. My brain hurts right now. Thank you.