• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Rustysoupcan

Rustysoupcan

I'm sensitive
May 2, 2020
I know this feeling is not unique and there are probably other threads like this. But im starting to feel better and I don't like iy. Every day I feel alright, I'm scared itll be the last. Im scared to plan for the future because I have no idea if I will be able to follow through with that plan. It's a new feeling and i dont exactly like it. Being depressed is safe and secure, and I'd almost rather have that.

GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Someone on the forum wrote that once we have truly become ready to die, experienced fatal disillusionment and lost any sense of purpose--then we are already dead and merely waiting for the body to catch up.

Shit, this is recovery. I mean, it takes effort to get out of your comfort zone but it can be well worth it.

T

Toptock

Experienced
Jun 6, 2020
It's ok to acknowledge that you feel a common feeling while on your way to recovery. You're exploring it to help embrace it. To me, when i start to feel better there is also an accompanied anxiety toward it as well. I think its because, you know deep down you've seen the world different, and have to learn to embrace that Or i could be off.

Reactions: gimme_my_happy_nap
T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
What you are experiencing is so common that there are sayings to describe it like, "Better the devil you know."

There can be a lot that is unknown if you explore new territory. It may help to take a narrow or short look at this new territoty and find something identifiable upon which to "hang your hat". If you can find some small area of this new path that you can become comfortable with, it can work to ease some of the discomfort new experiences can bring.

LittleBabyNothing

LittleBabyNothing

Suffering Autointoxification
Nov 22, 2020
i've known for a long time my depression is my comfort zone (how pathetic must life be for misery to be my safe place).
i don't want to live like this but i am unable to move forward. i know i can fight depression and embrace a better view, i just don't want to.