FallingGrace

FallingGrace

Secretary of something
Mar 11, 2020
The NHS is constantly turning away actively suicidal people on a regular basis, but this little forum where we consistently counsel, talk down and rationalise with people who haven't thought their plans through properly is the problem? Sigh…

Reactions: voc_89, opheliaoveragain, Zhendou and 4 others
astr4

astr4

memento mori
Mar 27, 2019
i wish all of my suicidality on these people. maybe if they know how it feels they'll finally learn to fucking LEAVE US ALONE.

Reactions: galier, opheliaoveragain, Downdraft and 6 others
B

betternever2havbeen

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
They claim that a 54 year old was coerced in to suicide, apparently the site and the partners thread is at fault...how do you even reason with these people?
Just goes to show how they can spin any narrative no matter how ridiculous. I'd almost forgotten the partners thread even existed. I considered it when I first came on here but decided against it. There's a few families who blame the site even though their family member was at least 30, some were almost middle-aged and still being described as "vulnerable" 🤨 and like someone else said, we never get to hear anything about their lives or why they were depressed, it's just "SS killed them" end of story.

They don't actually care about any of us it's about revenge. It's never about what led people onto this site in the first place. They and the BBC have a real chance to actually listen to us, but they won't. You see it the same with assisted dying-people against this sort of thing don't give a shit about physical or mental suffering just as long as everyone is still made to stay alive. That's the bottom line. They don't want to listen to peoples struggles, it's too uncomfortable for the life lovers. They use words like "vulnerable" because they think they're so logical and superior. Patronising twats.

Reactions: opheliaoveragain, rozeske, alltoomuch2 and 1 other person
RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
If anyone wondered if the BBC directed people to us, well this here is a screenshot of the registration numbers in the last two weeks. The spike happened on August 23, the same day when the article was released. So to answer the question, yes it did. It always does when they talk about us.

• Informative
Reactions: voltage268, tary, LifeQuitter and 7 others
leloyon

leloyon

I'll see you in the Wired.
Feb 4, 2023
If anyone wondered if the BBC directed people to us, well this here is a screenshot of the registration numbers in the last two weeks. The spike happened on August 23, the same day when the article was released. So to answer the question, yes it did. It always does when they talk about us.

View attachment 148767
Gee, funny that. It's almost like they don't actually care and it's just needless fearmongering.

Reactions: voc_89
C

cryptoinvestor

Student
Jul 12, 2024
What a condescending article , they infantilise us so much, it makes me angry. I only agree with the predatory men part, i have come across one myself who helped a minor to CTB. Ladies, please be careful, vet your partners, ask as many questions as you can. I know the goal is to die, but we still want to die by our own accord and with dignity

Reactions: galier, betternever2havbeen and astr4
voc_89

voc_89

Experienced
Apr 10, 2023
I've seen a few people discouraging others from CTB on this site🌹💔
Exactly. I don't. I only say (for stories that speak to me).... "I am so sorry. I am so sorry it got to this point. I wish u the best." I will never support something I haven't done (death... cause surprise i am still here) or full on going normie (cause surprise i am still here).

B

betternever2havbeen

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
What a condescending article , they infantilise us so much, it makes me angry. I only agree with the predatory men part, i have come across one myself who helped a minor to CTB. Ladies, please be careful, vet your partners, ask as many questions as you can. I know the goal is to die, but we still want to die by our own accord and with dignity
That's why when I first came here and did consider partnering up, I was only looking for another woman around my age to CTB with. No offence to the 99% of good men on this site but it's too risky imo. That's why I don't get why that mother in the article is bitching about the partners thread when she lost her son-he partnered up with a woman, he was in NO danger from her! Like if she wants to blame the site for him CTB that's up to her (unless anyone can find his posts we'll never know what was going on with him and his reasons for CTB, not that I think this place is to blame anyhow) but that's nothing to do with the partners thread.

And yes they think suicidal people are dumb. You only have to watch that Tantacrul vid and how badly he disguised the site because he thinks depressed people are morons who can't put 2+2 together and easily find it from the info he gave!

• Love
Reactions: Willowherb, galier and cryptoinvestor