Fordprefect

Fordprefect

Student
Aug 22, 2019
@Rocksandsand Your profile picture of Jane takes me back to a simpler time. A time when I could skip doing homework for a night with very little consequence and watch a marathon of Daria episodes. :)
This is so true.
Thank you everyone for getting me through the night. I ended up needing a hefty bit of valium to calm down and get some sleep.

It's very complicated with HR. I work in a government role and HR is notoriously unsupportive. I don't know what I'll do exactly... in the words of every person with an abusive partner, I don't want to leave them, I want the abuse to stop. But that happening is entirely unlikely - I accept that.

I'm trying to work on an exit strategy to survive until this court shit is done. I do adore my brother and father, but family is complicated and I can't rely on support from them (they have good intentions, but they don't have the means or capacity to help).

Fortunately, I live alone. So I don't need to worry about shelter. I just need to get through until court is settled
Hang in there please. :) things will get better, I SO don't want you to ctb.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: HGL91
Futility

Futility

Student
Aug 13, 2019
Oh no! I did not see this thread until now, I'm so sorry that I'm late.
I just wanted to let you know I totally get you, I was through a lot of abuse which ended up in me pressing charges so I get how harsh going to court actually is.
If you ever need to talk, don't be afraid to hit me up sometime.