GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
But that was just for one week from the chat. It does not explain why his posts were removed from the User Discussion Megathread – because they "didn't fit the thread" topic (??)
I believe the "User discussion megathread" has been created for the purpose of discussing fate of absent members (crossed out or simply inactive for a prolonged period), which is why the posts made by Atari probably wouldn't stay there and why the argument of "this doesn't fit here" was brought up.
it sure doesn't explain the erasure of the Rogue Mod thread that he was literally told to create by same mod – so he could "voice his opinions freely."
Is it certain that the thread wasn't deleted by Atari? Was there any info about it?

BrokenBliss

BrokenBliss

Invisible. Apparently.
Jan 11, 2022
I believe the "User discussion megathread" has been created for the purpose of discussing fate of absent members (crossed out or simply inactive for a prolonged period), which is why the posts made by Atari probably wouldn't stay there and why the argument of "this doesn't fit here" was brought up.
I agree, if the posts didn't belong under the thread's topic, that the advice was correct – to start a new thread to have a discussion on the matter. But that does not support actually deleting the comments already in the first thread. That just doesn't happen. It is because they were complaints about that same mod that it is highly suspicious – worthy of question in the least, as that action is exactly what was being complained about – a specific mod deleting atari's comments about that mod.
Is it certain that the thread wasn't deleted by Atari? Was there any info about it?
There is zero information. The post we are in was initiated (not by me) specifically to ask that question - why was Atari's Rogue Mod thread deleted. Considering both the popularity and the volatility around the issue, it's hard to fathom why someone doesn't shed some light on this for us. Like him or not, atari was a fixture of the site, so it's not uncalled for to have a mod or admin offer some info on this. Not why atari is gone, but why his comments have been deleted in two or three places by the same mod being complained about for doing just that.

Perhaps a discussion was had between atari and the site staff about his concerns and removal of the thread was agreed upon. Who knows? We know nothing. But there's been too much censorship connected to this affair. To repeat, for the third time, interest was high when Sherri was abruptly gone and we were given a great deal of explanation within 24 hours. So it is not some monumental stretching of the rules to address the censorship tied up in all this. Censorship affects every single member here and deserves to be explained.

Reactions: 𖣴 nadia 𖣴, Depressed Cat and symphony
GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
But that does not support actually deleting the comments already in the first thread. That just doesn't happen.
I'm pretty sure that is standard protocol for off-topic comments when closing the entire thread is not appropriate. I understand where your suspicion comes from in regards to this, but it does make some sense.

There is zero information. The post we are in was initiated (not by me) specifically to ask that question - why was Atari's Rogue Mod thread deleted. Considering both the popularity and the volatility around the issue, it's hard to fathom why someone doesn't shed some light on this for us. Like him or not, atari was a fixture of the site, so it's not uncalled for to have a mod or admin offer some info on this. Not why atari is gone, but why his comments have been deleted in two or three places by the same mod being complained about for doing just that.

Perhaps a discussion was had between atari and the site staff about his concerns and removal of the thread was agreed upon. Who knows? We know nothing. But there's been too much censorship connected to this affair. To repeat, for the third time, interest was high when Sherri was abruptly gone and we were given a great deal of explanation within 24 hours. So it is not some monumental stretching of the rules to address the censorship tied up in all this. Censorship affects every single member here and deserves to be explained.
Oh, I see. My assumption was wrong, my bad.
I wouldn't completely exclude the possibility of mods not commenting on this simply because the people who know the situation don't have the time or didn't pay attention to this thead though. Generally, site staff isn't under any obligation to explain their decisions to anyone besides the person that is being banned/had their messages deleted, but I agree, a short comment on this from someone who has info would be nice and would help with ending the speculations.

Reactions: Depressed Cat
Dot

Dot

Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021
I agree, if the posts didn't belong under the thread's topic, that the advice was correct – to start a new thread to have a discussion on the matter. But that does not support actually deleting the comments already in the first thread. That just doesn't happen. It is because they were complaints about that same mod that it is highly suspicious – worthy of question in the least, as that action is exactly what was being complained about – a specific mod deleting atari's comments about that mod.

Wld agree hre regrdng nd fr trnsparncy

Reactions: Depressed Cat and BrokenBliss
RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018

I didn't see this yet so here is a very late but hopefully somewhat informative explanation. Sadly, Atari isn't here anymore so they can't provide their side of the story but that's what has happened from my point of view before they self-banned. As we all know, they complained about one of the moderators that gave them a time out and tagged me in their thread so I took the time to investigate what had happened the previous few hours in that chat room. I take criticism towards staff very seriously but I quickly figured out that this was simply an attempt to drag some conflict and drama that has happened in the chat between Atari and several other members into the forum as a response to the temporary time out. After reading the chat, I came to the conclusion that the time out was justified but I also recognised that the cause of said argument in that chat room was mainly based on a misunderstanding. I didn't want to throw dirt at Atari in said thread and instead talked to them privately and tried to clarify the situation - at first it seemed(!) like we came to some kind of conclusion and I considered this issue solved, hence deleting the thread. Apparently, that wasn't the case. And that's where we are now. I'm not sure if that's detailed enough or if you're interested in the particular details surounding the discussion that led to this situation.

On a general note, I really appreciate if criticism about a specific moderator would reach me in a private message and not in a public thread with the intention to start a mud slinging contest. When such threads are created, with fingers pointing at moderators, they ususally tend to happen in bad faith. And I don't think that's quite fair.That doesn't mean I dismiss such threads but it allows me to approach the criticism calmly and carefully when it reaches me on a private channel. It's just a more constructive way to send the message across and I can take some time to investigate the issue and talk to all people involved in a fair manner without pointing fingers at each other or the public pressure to write a quick statement either condoning or condeming that moderators action.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Suicidebydeath, Simba and Life_and_Death