S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
With abortion once again banned in the US, there is absolutely no chance that euthanasia for the suicidal will be allowed for Americans.
Abortion is absolutely not banned in the us at the federal level. States have the power to determine abortion rights within their borders only.

For non-us members, we are a republic. Unless a power is explicitly in the hand of the federal government, it's up to the states. This may seem strange as there can be huge disparities between two states who share a border.

Typically, unless something is in the constitution, it's relegated to the states. Hence abortion going back to the states (abortion not explicitly in the constitution), but concealed carry basically becoming a nation-wide right(2nd amendment) (certain states used to basically deny all applications).

Yakamoz

Yakamoz

passer-by
Jun 26, 2022
As an antinatalist I fully support the universal right of abortion. Provided it is at no later date than 14 weeks.

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
With abortion once again banned in the US, there is absolutely no chance that euthanasia for the suicidal will be allowed for Americans.
Thbey are separate issues with big differences between them- in the case of euthanasia a person is choosing to end their own life, and in abortion a person is choosing toi end another person's life- that is a huge difference. I do think that medical euthanasia for the very ill is only a matter of time in the u.s., though it may be a fairly long time.

Reactions: Tbj123
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
Two people share a body for the nine months or so of pregnancy- why should one person have a right to kill the other one? If you say that the woman has the right to kill her baby you're saying that the baby should not have the right to be able to contunue to live. Only one of these "rights" can be protected- the "right" of the mother to kill her defenseless baby, or the right of the baby to be able to continue to live. It is my opinion that, having this choice, protecting the baby's right to live is much more ethical than protecting the mother's "right" to kill her baby.
Fine, then let the fetus survive on it's own. No one is required to share their body with anyone or anything. Do you take antibiotics when you get sick? Why, those bacteria are only sharing your body.
As an antinatalist I fully support the universal right of abortion. Provided it is at no later date than 14 weeks.
22 weeks is fine.

Reactions: Trezzohno
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
Fine, then let the fetus survive on it's own.
You didn't survive as a fetus on your own, and no one else does either. BUt the fetus is living, and the fetuis is very human and very detailed in iot's development from an early stage of pregnancy. This living, growiung fetus/baby deserves to be able to continue to live rather tahn to be killed- what did the fetus do to deserve the death penalty?

S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
You didn't survive as a fetus on your own, and no one else does either. BUt the fetus is living, and the fetuis is very human and very detailed in iot's development from an early stage of pregnancy. This living, growiung fetus/baby deserves to be able to continue to live rather tahn to be killed- what did the fetus do to deserve the death penalty?
Because there are 8 billion people on this earth. More than enough. People are still breeding faster than they're dying and destroying the world along with them.

And guess what, if I was aborted like the two my mom did before me, the world would have gone on just fine. I barely care about people who are alive. Why should I give two fucks about a clump of cells.

Last edited:
Reactions: ColorlessTrees and ConstantPain
C

ConstantPain

Sorry but cats are so much better than people
Jun 9, 2022
Do you remember anything from when you were one year old? Most people don't. So does this mean that a mother should be able to kill her one year old child if she wants to? That is a foolish argument, to say that because you can't remember that far back that your life was not worth saving.
Once again you missed my point. It is absurd to think a fetus has any ability to think, want, understand, feel, or survive on it's own. So no, it's not ok to kill a 1 year old who is a living human being and we agree that living baby has a right to live.
How come no response to any of the other points made about overpopulation, poverty, and human suffering?
Or just agree to disagree and accept that I don't control you and you don't control me

Reactions: DynamicDepression, nightnightnitrite, ð–£´ nadia ð–£´ and 2 others
A

ayb

"I'd feel trapped if I couldn't CTB at any time."
Feb 15, 2019
Two people share a body for the nine months or so of pregnancy- why should one person have a right to kill the other one? If you say that the woman has the right to kill her baby you're saying that the baby should not have the right to be able to contunue to live. Only one of these "rights" can be protected- the "right" of the mother to kill her defenseless baby, or the right of the baby to be able to continue to live. It is my opinion that, having this choice, protecting the baby's right to live is much more ethical than protecting the mother's "right" to kill her baby.
Yes. See the violinist problem. People consent to sex, not pregnancy.

And again, the majority of European nations have trimester limits for on demand abortion. So your point about the fetuses "screaming" or whatever is a red herring because virtually all abortions take place during the first trimester where the fetus is nowhere near developed for such a thing to occur (if it really does). Lastly GOP states want a blanket ban on abortion. They are not implementing trimester restrictions.

Reactions: DynamicDepression and ð–£´ nadia ð–£´
Lullaby

Lullaby

🌙
Mar 9, 2022
How come no response to any of the other points made about overpopulation, poverty, and human suffering?

!!! Seriously. This is what's most frustrating about this whole thing. If anyone can sit here any say that these unborn children deserve a chance at life, then there needs to be measures set in place to ensure that they get that; along with their parents.

What about that newborn who has a mother or father (men deal with this as well) suddenly suffering from severe postpartum depression? What about that other one who's being tossed into the foster care system for whatever reason? Or the other one who's getting neglected and abused by their caretakers? What can we do to ensure these kids are proceed and taken care of? What can we do to ensure teens have proper sex education? What can we do to ensure they can afford and have access to contraceptives?

Its always focused on the before, and not what we can do to help them afterwards. There's so many forgotten children, and it fucking sucks. They should be protected more than anyone on Earth, and they're not/I hate that I was brought into this world, and neglected by everyone around me. I hate seeing people on here talk about their C-PTSD, its upsetting. I volunteer as a peer support counselor in spare time for young adults and children, to help teach them the things I didn't know and that whatever they've been through isn't their fault. I want them to have a chance, that's why I do what I do and completely free. Even if I feel like I'm not a good role model, I'm trying to do my part.

I would probably respect the opinion of someone who was pro-life, if they genuinely lived up to that term in every way. If someone passionately cares this much, about what someone else does with their body and life, then I would hope they would care enough to keep fighting for these children after they're born. It never seems to go past that.

• Hugs
Reactions: Symbiote, Lost in a Dream, ð–£´ nadia ð–£´ and 2 others
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
Because this has nothing to do with he fact that this is a baby who is living and the baby does not deserve to die.
Or just agree to disagree and accept that I don't control you and you don't control me
I'm not saying that I control you, I am saying that people should try to protect this baby from being killed- if by controlling you you mean preventing you from killing your own baby, I do believe that this innocent, defenseless baby's life should be protected.

C

come to dust

Arcanist
Oct 28, 2019
Thbey are separate issues with big differences between them- in the case of euthanasia a person is choosing to end their own life, and in abortion a person is choosing toi end another person's life- that is a huge difference. I do think that medical euthanasia for the very ill is only a matter of time in the u.s., though it may be a fairly long time.
Try convincing the extreme christian right that dominate american politics. They will never accept it. Suicide is a sin.

• Love
Reactions: ConstantPain and Élégie
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
People consent to sex, not pregnancy.
When they consent to sex, they consent to risking pregnancy. The baby did not in any way consent to being conceived.

C

come to dust

Arcanist
Oct 28, 2019
Abortion is absolutely not banned in the us at the federal level. States have the power to determine abortion rights within their borders only.

For non-us members, we are a republic. Unless a power is explicitly in the hand of the federal government, it's up to the states. This may seem strange as there can be huge disparities between two states who share a border.

Typically, unless something is in the constitution, it's relegated to the states. Hence abortion going back to the states (abortion not explicitly in the constitution), but concealed carry basically becoming a nation-wide right(2nd amendment) (certain states used to basically deny all applications).
It's as good as banned in over half the states that want to repeal abortion.

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
Try convincing the extreme chridtian right that dominate american politics. They will never accept it. Suicide is a sin.
Currently 72% of Americans support a right to die under some medical circumstances.

S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
It's as good as banned in over half the states that want to repeal abortion.
Right, but there are still 24 states where abortion is and will remain legal. Like I said, complete bullshit, but I would rather drive a couple hours or hop on a two hour flight in the same country, than have to fly to a different continent, like you would virtually anywhere in south America or Africa.

JinZhin

JinZhin

we are in hell
Nov 2, 2021
@Someone123
Kindly, please GTFO of this thread with your pro birth, pro suffering propaganda nonsense, if you really cared about babies that much, you would have been doing something to help those already living and struggling, not wasting your energy being obsessed with 'saving' yet unborn ones.

• Love
Reactions: tryingtoescape, DynamicDepression, ConstantPain and 2 others
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
@Someone123
Kindly, please GTFO of this thread with your pro birth, pro suffering propaganda nonsense, if you really cared about babies that much, you would have been doing something to help those already living and struggling, not wasting your energy being obsessed with 'saving' yet unborn ones.
People are entitled to their own opinions, and it is my opinion that defending the defenseless is important- that defending living but unborn children is important, I have done all kinds of volunteer work to help those already struggling- I have done a lot of volunteer work with children with disabilities, for the homeless, and for the elderly- why would you assume that I haven't- I've done more to help others than 99% of people. It is extremely weak and stupid of you to resort to swearing and to saying get off the thread because I disagree with you. It is not nonsense to defend unborn children who are living and to try to stop people from killing them.
See all that purple and red.
The purple countries that allow for these reasonable exceptions have taken the most ethical stance.

Last edited:
Reactions: the_town_manager
C

come to dust

Arcanist
Oct 28, 2019
Right, but there are still 24 states where abortion is and will remain legal. Like I said, complete bullshit, but I would rather drive a couple hours or hop on a two hour flight in the same country, than have to fly to a different continent, like you would virtually anywhere in south America or Africa.
Not everyone is lucky enough to afford that.

Reactions: ð–£´ nadia ð–£´
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
Not everyone is lucky enough to afford that.
It's A LOT cheaper than having a kid. No insurance birth is something like $50k in the us. That $300 round trip ticket is chump change compared to that...

• Wow
Reactions: Lost in a Dream
C

come to dust

Arcanist
Oct 28, 2019
It's A LOT cheaper than having a kid. No insurance birth is something like $50k in the us. That $300 round trip ticket is chump change compared to that...
You think a teenager with conservative christian parents is going to be able to swan off for a 10 hour drive to another state to get an abortion?

Reactions: ConstantPain
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
You think a teenager with conservative christian parents is going to be able to swan off for a 10 hour drive to another state to get an abortion?
No, because you can't get an abortion anywhere as a minor without parents. So you're basically screwed in that case. Also, make sure your fucking someone with a $500 abortion fund. That's always been the case, even moreso now.

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
It is interesting that the original baby Roe (Shelley Thornton) was born, it was too late to terminate this pregnancy, and then she was adopted by a large, loving family and she had a great childhood- there's a lesson in there somewhere.

kiuya

kiuya

Tired
Nov 16, 2021
They could've just made the time frame when abortion is allowed tighter. In Europe many countries allow abortion when the baby is still an embryo, so at most 8 weeks old, after that you need to have a heavy reason why you're aborting. The image of cutting up an fetus with human features is just a way to scare people, it happens rarely.

Reactions: ConstantPain
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
It is interesting that the original baby Roe (Shelley Thornton) was born, it was too late to terminate this pregnancy, and then she was adopted by a large, loving family and she had a great childhood- there's a lesson in there somewhere.
You do realize women go through permanent physical changes when pregnant. Their noses and ears get bigger. Facial structure can change, stretch marks, pussy gets stretched. Not everyone wants to deal with that bullshit just to hand off the kid to someone else.

I get that you're a troll, but it's gone on long enough. You're on a forum where most people plan to kill themselves. Do you honestly think the whole life is precious bullshit is changing anyone's mind.

Stormfront would love a breeder like you. You can sign up in a second and be around your kind of people.

Reactions: ColorlessTrees
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
They could've just made the time frame when abortion is allowed tighter. In Europe many countries allow abortion when the baby is still an embryo, so at most 8 weeks old, after that you need to have a heavy reason why you're aborting. The image of cutting up an fetus with human features is just a way to scare people, it happens rarely.
Below is a picture of a fetus at eight weeks- there are clearly many human features: