S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
But of course the "source" is "our americanvalues.org". Please 🙄
To restate your own words, not everyone is going to agree, it's a fact of life. So why can't you be satisfied making your own choice to not have or support an abortion? What gives you the right to tell me or anyone else that we can't make a different choice?
If the mother makes the choice to kill her baby then the baby can't make the choice to choose to live- only one of these choices can happen. Since the baby cannot defend itself then other people should do whatever they can to defend the baby, to prevent the baby from being killed. WHat if the law was that a mother could kill her children up to three years of age if she didn't want them any more? Wouldn't you want to overturn this law and defend these children who can't defend themselves? I know that many fetuses do need to be in the womb for quite a while to survive, but they are still alive- if they aren't alive then why kill them?
But of course the "source" is "our americanvalues.org". Please 🙄
To restate your own words, not everyone is going to agree, it's a fact of life. So why can't you be satisfied making your own choice to not have or support an abortion? What gives you the right to tell me or anyone else that we can't make a different choice?
Of course the source for a pro-life article is going to be a pro-life source- what did you expect? That doesn't mean that it is invalid at all.

Last edited:
odradek

odradek

Mage
Sep 16, 2021
Following is a link to an article about babies crying during abortions- a quote from this article (from 2015) says:

"More than 18,000 'very late term' abortions are performed every year on perfectly healthy unborn babies in America. These are innocent and defenseless children who can not only feel pain, but who can survive outside of the womb in most cases, and who are torturously killed without even basic anesthesia."

"Many of them cry and scream as they die, but because it is amniotic fluid going over their vocal cords instead of air, we don't hear them," he said.

Not all babies scream silently during abortions. The cries of some babies are heard loud and clear.

A former employee at the abortion clinic Kermit Gosnell ran in Philadelphia described how she heard a baby scream during a live-birth abortion. Abortion clinic employee Sherry West described an incident which "really freaked (her) out" and related to the jury how she heard a child scream who was born alive following an abortion."

Okay I understand you now. I'm sorry you believe this, I would be horrified as well if it were true. It's not though, I can guarantee that. But please don't let me dissuade you from this misinformed belief. If you're American, you've already won and the right to choose is being eroded. No one thinks that abortions are good, we just believe people should have autonomy over their own bodies and should have the right to choose. Carry on.

Reactions: NoLightRemains, ð–£´ nadia ð–£´, Chinaski and 1 other person
C

ConstantPain

Sorry but cats are so much better than people
Jun 9, 2022
If the mother makes the choice to kill her baby then the baby can't make the choice to choose to live- only one of these choices can happen. Since the baby cannot defend itself then other people should do whatever they can to defend the baby, to prevent the baby from being killed. WHat if the law was that a mother could kill her children up to three years of age if she didn't want them any more? Wouldn't you want to overturn this law and defend these children who can't defend themselves? I know that many fetuses do need to be in the womb for quite a while to survive, but they are still alive- if they aren't alive then why kill them?

Of course the source for a pro-life article is going to be a pro-life source- what did you expect? That doesn't mean that it is invalid at all.
It's not the same as a mother killing her 3 year old child at all. These are zygotes and fetuses we're talking about, not babies.
My issue with the source is that this is a religious site. I'm fine with people being whatever religion they choose but there is supposed to be separation of church and state so religion should not be the basis for overturning laws in the US.

Reactions: 𖣴 nadia 𖣴 and Élégie
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
It's not the same as a mother killing her 3 year old child at all. These are zygotes and fetuses we're talking about, not babies.
My issue with the source is that this is a religious site. I'm fine with people being whatever religion they choose but there is supposed to be separation of church and state so religion should not be the basis for overturning laws in the US.
We all started as fetuses and we were all alive as fetuses, and the goal of abortion is to kill the living fetus which is in the process of growing into a child- I just think that this is very wrong, just shockingly mean.

C

ConstantPain

Jun 9, 2022
We all started as fetuses and we were all alive as fetuses, and the goal of abortion is to kill the living fetus which is in the process of growing into a child- I just think that this is very wrong, just shockingly mean.
It's tough for me to think of it as mean when they have no feeling or comprehension at that point. I've worked with so many people who wish they were never born and spared this miserable life. Abused as children, thrown out as teens, discovered their parents dead bodies, been trafficked, raped (some by family), witnessed shootings, never felt safe or were adopted at birth and then controlled and abused by their adoptive parents until they had no more use for them. Yes, all of these things happen more often than you know. And the number of people who die and don't have anyone claim their bodies is staggering. So maybe we should worry more about actual living people.

• Love
Reactions: lofticries, Trezzohno, KuriGohan&Kamehameha and 6 others
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
It's tough for me to think of it as mean when they have no feeling or comprehension at that point. I've worked with so many people who wish they were never born and spared this miserable life. Abused as children, thrown out as teens, discovered their parents dead bodies, been trafficked, raped (some by family), witnessed shootings, never felt safe or were adopted at birth and then controlled and abused by their adoptive parents until they had no more use for them. Yes, all of these things happen more often than you know. And the number of people who die and don't have anyone claim their bodies is staggering. So maybe we should worry more about actual living people.
They are living, even though they are in the earliest stages of being human- why kill them if they are not living? I just think it is important to try to defend those who cannot defend themselves. So many of them are aborted past the time that we know they can feel pain based on the development of their nervous systems.

L

Ligottian

Elementalist
Dec 19, 2021
Every sperm is sacred.

• Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: Lost in a Dream, Rogue Proxy, Trezzohno and 4 others
C

ConstantPain

Jun 9, 2022
Exactly, lol
So ejaculation is genocide, right?!

• Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: Lost in a Dream, lofticries, Angi and 2 others
C

ConstantPain

Jun 9, 2022
Looks like they put words in this baby's mouth.
Since it is obviously viable outside the womb, yes this is a baby human being with rights. We are in agreement that murdering a human life is wrong so I'm not sure why you posted it. I could just as easily post pics of other suffering babies, children, adults, and seniors but will choose to refrain from that.

Reactions: DynamicDepression, 𖣴 nadia 𖣴 and Élégie
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
Looks like they put words in this baby's mouth.
Since it is obviously viable outside the womb, yes this is a baby human being with rights. We are in agreement that murdering a human life is wrong so I'm not sure why you posted it. I could just as easily post pics of other suffering babies, children, adults, and seniors but will choose to refrain from that.
The point is that fetus is still living and wants to continue to live.

C

ConstantPain

Jun 9, 2022
The point is that fetus is still living and wants to continue to live.
A fetus doesn't know or want anything. Do you remember anything from being in the womb? Or maybe even back to your mother's egg or father's sperm? Now that would be pretty incredible!

Reactions: DynamicDepression, Rogue Proxy, Trezzohno and 6 others
SleepyBB

SleepyBB

My Own Reaper
May 15, 2022
it's only a matter of time before they come for gay marriage next

Reactions: bed and Trezzohno
Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020
Do you remember anything from being in the womb? Or maybe even back to your mother's egg or father's sperm? Now that would be pretty incredible!

Sometimes I wonder if we've just repressed those memories. Who wants to remember being conceived? That would be terrifying!

• Wow
Reactions: Trezzohno and ConstantPain
C

ConstantPain

Jun 9, 2022
Sometimes I wonder if we've just repressed those memories. Who wants to remember being conceived? That would be terrifying!
Well that's one thing we can thank biology and evolution for! That is a terrifying thought!
I do wish evolution would keep up a little better though and delay puberty. Sure, teenagers needed to procreate when lifespan was only 35 years and the world wasn't overpopulated but we're in a whole other world now!

Reactions: ð–£´ nadia ð–£´ and Lost in a Dream
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
First, I think it's bullshit, this was the wrong call end of story.

But I do have a couple of questions: why are people protesting in states where nothing is going to change as a result of this decision? Like I see people in California and Oregon protesting. Why?

Do they not know the supreme court is on First St in Washington DC? That's where you would go to protest. Protesting in a state where abortion will remain legal is the equivalent of "I'm protesting because I'm getting what I want..."

Also, why are people in other countries commenting on this, but don't have anything to say about countries that have way more restrictive national abortion policies.

See all that purple and red. Where wre the celebrities talking about all those countries?

Screenshot 20220627 105421

odradek

odradek

Mage
Sep 16, 2021
First, I think it's bullshit, this was the wrong call end of story.

But I do have a couple of questions: why are people protesting in states where nothing is going to change as a result of this decision? Like I see people in California and Oregon protesting. Why?

Do they not know the supreme court is on First St in Washington DC? That's where you would go to protest. Protesting in a state where abortion will remain legal is the equivalent of "I'm protesting because I'm getting what I want..."

Also, why are people in other countries commenting on this, but don't have anything to say about countries that have way more restrictive national abortion policies.

See all that purple and red. Where wre the celebrities talking about all those countries?

View attachment 94591

I didn't realize people from other countries can't comment on or have concern for what's going on there. America's are certainly forthright with their opinions on other places.

This just happened a few days ago, that's why people are talking about it.

Reactions: DynamicDepression, ð–£´ nadia ð–£´, bleeeeeep and 1 other person
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
I didn't realize people from other countries can't comment on or have concern for what's going on there. America's are certainly forthright with their opinions on other places.

This just happened a few days ago, that's why people are talking about it.
It's fine that they comment on current events. But why don't they comment on countries where abortion was never legal? Worst case in the us, you have to go to another state to get an abortion. Look at south America or Africa - you would need to basically go to another continent.

All I'm saying is that it's so easy for everyone to bash the us, but there are places that are way way worse, and no one says a word.

Reactions: Lost in a Dream
A

ayb

"I'd feel trapped if I couldn't CTB at any time."
Feb 15, 2019
I believe that many of the cases for exception are worth having, but I also believe there is something wrong with protecting the woman's body but not in protecting the baby's body- we all started in the womb, alive in the womb, and I do think it is important to protect his baby's right to live.
Nobody should be forced to continue a pregnancy against their own will. It's about personal autonomy.

Reactions: 𖣴 nadia 𖣴, tryingtoescape, Élégie and 3 others
nightnightnitrite

nightnightnitrite

baby blues
Apr 17, 2021
I've protested in the past but honestly, I can't bring myself to care about this one. The only good thing about this is that it affects white women aka they care about this social injustice and will put in the work to change it back quickly:,)

S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
I've protested in the past but honestly, I can't bring myself to care about this one. The only good thing about this is that it affects white women aka they care about this social injustice and will put in the work to change it back quickly:,)
I care, but this is definitely not my fight. Hope it goes back to the way it was - probably won't because people with money will just go to a state where it's legal. Those without aren't really of any political concern, so their plight will be ignored (as is always the case, not just in the us).

A lot of people are bundling this in with LGBTQ rights. I think they are very far removed from one another. People ARE LGBT, women GET pregnant. Very different scenarios there, and very different arguments of support for each.

Sorry, I'm putting my effort into making sure my trans friends don't lose any more protections and freedoms.

nightnightnitrite

nightnightnitrite

baby blues
Apr 17, 2021
I care, but this is definitely not my fight. Hope it goes back to the way it was - probably won't because people with money will just go to a state where it's legal. Those without aren't really of any political concern, so their plight will be ignored (as is always the case, not just in the us).

A lot of people are bundling this in with LGBTQ rights. I think they are very far removed from one another. People ARE LGBT, women GET pregnant. Very different scenarios there, and very different arguments of support for each.

Sorry, I'm putting my effort into making sure my trans friends don't lose any more protections and freedoms.
Forced sterilization of indigenous people happen to this day and despite speaking out, nobody seems to care or even know that it's happening. That's why I just can't bring myself to rally or message any more senators. What's the point? Also if you support the LGBTQIA community, especially the trans community, you should know "people get pregnant" (; and no I don't want anybody to lose rights but like I said, this has been happening to various POC and they are the main ones to be affected by this but nobody wants to make that connection. Anytime I walk into a hospital, I make sure I find a doctor of color so I'm not discriminated against. I foresee a leap of POC deaths/incarcerations from hospital discrimination.

I've fought for the rights of my two gay dads since I was a baby lol I fit into every minority group affected. It should be my fight but Im doing my best to not put a bullet in my head right now, I can't worry about the same shit that has been happening over and over again just because white women finally see the problem): They got this! I believe in them lol

Reactions: Trezzohno and ColorlessTrees
C

ConstantPain

Jun 9, 2022

No worries about this not being your fight and I agree with you that there SHOULD not necessarily be a direct connection to LGBTQ rights but unfortunately there is. Our current joke of a "Supreme" Court is dominated by Christians who take an originalist interpretation of the Constitution. What that means is anything not explicitly stated in the Constitution is not a guaranteed right. Since they're also Christians, they rely on their fundamental religious biases and imaginary world and rule on "morality".

I wish this would not go further down the slippery slope to other rights but am afraid it will. I stand for equal rights for all gender identities and sexual orientations but they are not specified in our original Constitution. In what seems like the last year, the fascist governor of Florida (who alarmingly is considered a top candidate for president) has signed laws like "Don't say gay", banned books and transgendered athletes, fined schools that required masks, and is all for this Roe v. Wade decision. These are very scary times for any of us that believe freedom is the distance between church and state!

Reactions: Rogue Proxy and Lost in a Dream
C

come to dust

Arcanist
Oct 28, 2019
With abortion once again banned in the US, there is absolutely no chance that euthanasia for the suicidal will be allowed for Americans.

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
A fetus doesn't know or want anything. Do you remember anything from being in the womb? Or maybe even back to your mother's egg or father's sperm? Now that would be pretty incredible!
Do you remember anything from when you were one year old? Most people don't. So does this mean that a mother should be able to kill her one year old child if she wants to? That is a foolish argument, to say that because you can't remember that far back that your life was not worth saving.

odradek

odradek

Mage
Sep 16, 2021
It's fine that they comment on current events. But why don't they comment on countries where abortion was never legal? Worst case in the us, you have to go to another state to get an abortion. Look at south America or Africa - you would need to basically go to another continent.

All I'm saying is that it's so easy for everyone to bash the us, but there are places that are way way worse, and no one says a word.

I don't understand your point. Comment on current events but make sure to also comment on every other comparable situation? This is just whataboutism.

Reactions: ð–£´ nadia ð–£´ and Chinaski
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
Nobody should be forced to continue a pregnancy against their own will. It's about personal autonomy.
Two people share a body for the nine months or so of pregnancy- why should one person have a right to kill the other one? If you say that the woman has the right to kill her baby you're saying that the baby should not have the right to be able to contunue to live. Only one of these "rights" can be protected- the "right" of the mother to kill her defenseless baby, or the right of the baby to be able to continue to live. It is my opinion that, having this choice, protecting the baby's right to live is much more ethical than protecting the mother's "right" to kill her baby.

• Informative
Reactions: Nostalgic