• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Thanatonaut

Thanatonaut

My time is coming.
May 17, 2019
I've got 3 of them. And I love them, and they love me. They've also watched an uncaring government deprive their disabled veteran husband/father of the medications that allowed him to live his life.

They watched as I hobbled along for years, then found a doctor who would help me. They watched as I got my life back. Later I would confide in them that I was 2 weeks away from CTB before I was rescued.

Then the government revoked his ability to prescribe. Not because he did anything wrong, but just because they can't have anyone getting "evil opioids."

Then they got to watch as the life I rebuilt from the edge of oblivion was thrust back toward it. I lost my job 6 weeks ago. And with it my health insurance. I'm fucked. They know it's coming, but none of us have really discussed it. They rarely leave me alone.

Last edited:
Nimbus

Nimbus

Hanging on is hard
Dec 2, 2019
My mom's birthday in a few days. Then I'm out. I'm sure that's not really what you meant by "responsibility" but she'll be 70 and I just can't go right before her bday. It would make things even worse for her. I want to celebrate with her one last time.

Last edited:
SorrySandy

SorrySandy

Æmber
Nov 15, 2020
2 people I co-created (with their fathers, not any religious omnipresence)
The thought of either of them ctb-ing due to my decision just paralyses me. I've had helpful discussion around this and I'm considering whose pain matters most, but as a parent I just feel hardwired to protect their well-being. Right now it's feeling impossible to resolve in my head

M

Mthom2

Student
Oct 19, 2020
You know, my bed bound mother was treated the same. She had to lay there, for 2 years, in pain while relief was denied her. When she died, she had spent 2 weeks in the hospital and was finally given the drugs she had needed for years that relieved her pain. Humanity is in a sorry state when we have the technology to remove a person's physical suffering, yet we refuse to do so because they might become addicted. Who the hell cares if they are in that much pain? The patient will likely have to take the drug for life regardless.

Thanatonaut

Thanatonaut

My time is coming.
May 17, 2019
You know, my bed bound mother was treated the same. She had to lay there, for 2 years, in pain while relief was denied her. When she died, she had spent 2 weeks in the hospital and was finally given the drugs she had needed for years that relieved her pain. Humanity is in a sorry state when we have the technology to remove a person's physical suffering, yet we refuse to do so because they might become addicted. Who the hell cares if they are in that much pain? The patient will likely have to take the drug for life regardless.
I took pain meds for 15 years. Never addicted. Physically dependent, yes. Which means coming off of them cold turkey causes physical withdrawals. But that's not addiction. I never craved anything except not hurting and being able to work and be a husband and father. Now I'm the empty failed husk of a person I was 2 years ago.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: foxdie and Mthom2
F

foxdie

Got my ticket
Aug 18, 2020
I have none, I am mostly nothing nowadays.