• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

sleepy dog

sleepy dog

Wizard
Sep 13, 2019
Have any of you experienced repressed memories of events from the past? I mean forgetting the event immediately after happening, then many years later remembering it?

Reactions: Nameless Monster
Sadwind

Sadwind

want to go
Sep 21, 2019
I have personally experienced repressed memories. I don't any more, but when I was a child I also experienced missing time. I think there was some real disassociation going on. Some people at my high school noticed and knew I was crazy. I didn't think about it for years but after my last breakdown a year ago the memories came flooding back to me. I remember everything now.

It's something that my brain used to do when I was a kid. I don't remember things correctly; I've got false memories. I can separate them from the real ones, thank goodness.

sleepy dog

sleepy dog

Wizard
Sep 13, 2019
Did you remember details of an event, then some time went by, and then remember more details of the event?

Sadwind

Sadwind

want to go
Sep 21, 2019
Yes. Some memories I forgot entirely. Actually most of them I forgot entirely that they happened, then remembered YEARS later. Some memories I forgot pieces and then remembered later.

Mostly I forgot everything entirely and was able to remember spontaneously later. Weird shit.

sleepy dog

sleepy dog

Wizard
Sep 13, 2019
I started remembering mostly extremely negative events when I was 36, 17 years ago. Horrible things. I think I've remembered everything, but I have thought that many times in the past and was wrong. I don't get anger or other emotions most of the time now like I did in the past.

• Hugs
Reactions: Sadwind
clownangel

clownangel

Student
Sep 25, 2019
Ugh, yes god.

Did you remember details of an event, then some time went by, and then remember more details of the event?

Also this. Sometimes it's completely forgotten and I reexperience/remember all at once, other times it's bits and the rest later, or I'll completely misremember something - then something will trigger it and I'll realize I only remembered pretty much what I "wanted" to see if that makes sense -_-

• Hugs
Reactions: Sadwind
Sadwind

Sadwind

want to go
Sep 21, 2019
That's crazy, the same thing for me. I started remembering things from when I was a kid/teenager at 33. It's been a year but I think I am not done remembering. It's possible I am but I can't be sure.

It's cool to meet someone who has experienced the same thing. Remembering was a severe crisis and I had to be hospitalized. It was crazy. I'm curious what it was like for you.

I hope that you have been able to heal at least somewhat from what you remember. Children are very vulnerable to disassociation as I understand. I am sorry that it happened to you. It's a scary thing to have your brain protect you from damage that severe. It is horrible.