• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

M

Mthom2

Student
Oct 19, 2020
I just drove a guy to the airport who was a nervous wreck. He said his 14 year old son was in the hospital. Apparently, the kid took a bunch of pills trying to ctb.

I felt sorry for the father. He was a mess. But mainly, I felt guilty for mentally relating to this kid I'd never met before. I didn't even know -why- he did it, just that he may have gotten to the point that he said screw it.

I'm probably a monster, but I wasn't appalled that a kid wanted to end his life. The first thought that popped into my mind was, damn, sorry about the failure.

This probably gives more juice to the pro lifers. But I just can't bring myself to feel a desire to save lives anymore. Even when I watch those ER trauma shows on TV, I feel sorry for them when they survive.

I'm a horrible person...

• Hugs
Reactions: foxdie, demuic, redbutterfly and 2 others
KClown

KClown

Oct 20, 2020
If you lost interest in life, it is only natural that you eventually stop seeing others loosing it as something unusual or concerning.

There is definately no need to call yourself "a horrible person" for having different opinion on certain things.

Reactions: foxdie, Deleted member 23586 and darksideofthebright
stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
My mother told me about an acquaintance having some form of aggressive cancer today and all I could think of: I wish that was me, would make leaving/explaining you want to go a hell of a lot easier.

You are definitely not a bad person, you are still showing compassion (but unlike others for the ones wanting to go) and are against needless suffering.

There should be laws to prevent doctors from saving patients who don't won't to be reanimated everywhere (which at least already exist in my country).

• Hugs
Reactions: clocktower, foxdie and Deleted member 23586
Deleted member 94

Deleted member 94

Wizard
Mar 24, 2018
I just drove a guy to the airport who was a nervous wreck. He said his 14 year old son was in the hospital. Apparently, the kid took a bunch of pills trying to ctb.

I felt sorry for the father. He was a mess. But mainly, I felt guilty for mentally relating to this kid I'd never met before. I didn't even know -why- he did it, just that he may have gotten to the point that he said screw it.

I'm probably a monster, but I wasn't appalled that a kid wanted to end his life. The first thought that popped into my mind was, damn, sorry about the failure.

This probably gives more juice to the pro lifers. But I just can't bring myself to feel a desire to save lives anymore. Even when I watch those ER trauma shows on TV, I feel sorry for them when they survive.

I'm a horrible person...
I'm a monster also a guy started making a scene at the local diner and then screamed I've only got six months to live and I thought lucky asshole in my head.

• Hugs
Reactions: foxdie and stygal
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
I envy the kid that his father was a mess over the attempt. My mother would have helicoptered for a while, and then tried to emotionally (and physically) punish me and control the shit out of me, while publicly presenting herself to like a saint to others, because what the neighbors think was (and still is) always more important than me. My father would have cried for a minute, been awkwardly comforting for a minute, then withdrawn and bought into my mother's version of things.

I don't think you're a monster. In fact, that kid could use people who can empathize with things being so bad that he was trying to get out. Unfortunately, his dad may be so overwhelmed with emotions and wanting to be reassured and wanting things "fixed" that he may not be able to put the kid first, really listen to his issues, make it safe for him to have his feelings and his own experience. The kid may have medical care providers negating that things were that bad, trying to reframe it for him, trying to force the psychiatric model on him. I kind of hope for him that it was an external situation that has the opportunity to be effectively addressed, like an abuser or a bully, and that someone will actually fight for him and support him, but it seems rare in life that a genuine rescue ever happens, and that a rescuer is actually a safe person and gets it right.

Reactions: foxdie and demuic