GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
@enjolras, thank you. I really enjoyed reading your analysis of me.

But I was rather counting on you being my fan boy, so now I'm bereft...

[Insert laughing emoji here if you thought my fan boy comment was serious]

Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Here's my final sentiment on this subject. If you think becoming a high end poster is worth it you're mistaken. I'm constantly harassed in inappropriate ways.

I have a mental obsession that brings me back here just like you. So give me a fucking break!

enjolras

enjolras

Dead are useless if not to love the living more
Feb 13, 2020
Please, no attachment. Entangle love ...to make it resilient
(Your "half-assed" long post in the 'Ten threads' really got me forfeited the most. Countless times, you're so magically seated like a tightrope walker on a ridge. It could balance one side or the other, that's tasty when you leave it open for interpretation)

By the way, you're queen of the slang. Google will never translate "Effed". I'm keeping the GoodPerson

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed and Brick In The Wall
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Please, no attachment. Entangle love ...to make it resilient
(Your "half-assed" long post in the Ten threads really got me forfeited the most. Countless times, you're so magically seated like a tightrope walker on a ridge. It could balance one side or the other, that's tasty when you leave it open for interpretation)

By the way, you're queen of the slang. Google will never translate "Effed". I'm keeping the GoodPerson
That's some effed up slang yo! But na he has a point if he'd ever see mine too. Nothing is so one sided.

Reactions: enjolras
omoidarui

omoidarui

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
Apr 30, 2019
theres so many magenta/purple posters ive never even seen before, im so out of the loop with everything damn

Reactions: Woodnote, faust and GoodPersonEffed
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
Reflecting on my reflection, and responses/reactions to it....

I wrote about something I'm experiencing in an environment that is important to me. I wrote conscientiously about how I interact with this environment, and peripherally, about how I was impacted by observations about this environment.

Is any of it a big deal? Nope. But it was on my heart and I spoke my heart. Perhaps to some it was worthy of a little PEW PEW PEW and a little condescension. Okey dokey then. Did it bring up some peripheral shit for others? I think so. Is that a big deal? Nope. But it was on their hearts and they spoke their hearts. I didn't particularly enjoy it, but they didn't particularly enjoy my public navel gazing either, so okey dokey then.

Did I expect controversy or arguing?

No.

And...oops.

So PEW PEW PEW to me!

(And, yeah, Murica.)

Edit: @Brick In The Wall mentioned today in a somewhat related post that high posters catch more shit, and mentioned in this thread that they are held to higher standards. I am aware of that. They get questioned more, that's for sure. As i said repeatedly in the OP, "Some may question..." I honor questioning. And I have had similar curiosities to the ones I address in my navel gazing. So it seems I addressed all this preemptively. And heck, if such things do come up later, all I have to do is go to the list of threads I've created and copy the link. Work already done when I'm not feeling defensive. Though I might still throw a little Murica if it comes down to it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Welcome to pinkdom and all that comes with it. :sunglasses:

It could be worse...your name could be yellow and no-one can read it!

Reactions: one4all
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
It could be worse...your name could be yellow and no-one can read it!

Right? Yellow is the worst!

I had surpassed yellow before it was introduced, so glad.

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Right? Yellow is the worst!

I had surpassed yellow before it was introduced, so glad.
I had to stop myself calling them YellowPeople it just sounded so wrong :eh:

Reactions: Epsilon0 and GoodPersonEffed
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
I only now found this post and I'd like to reply to it since I remember when you first joined.

The value of your posts resides, among other things, in your using the dialectic method when you interact on the forum. Debating here, in general, tends to rely heavily on rhetoric, feelings and personal anecdotes.

You, however, when you argue, you often employ the three-step dialectics model of thesis - antithesis - synthesis, or plainly put problem - rebuttal - solution.

It's sort of your trademark.

And considering dialects is often accompanied by the modifier hegelian I would say that's just about the biggest compliment you can get. How often does one find oneself named in the same sentence as Hegel :smiling: ?

(Not that you want to be complimented - I got that from your post.)

• Love
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed and enjolras
Apathy79

Apathy79

Arcanist
Oct 13, 2019
Do the post and react counts really influence the way you're perceived?

Play the counting game all day and you'll rack up posts. Chat all day and you'll rack up reacts. I don't think either mean anything at all, at least from my angle.

I think you're right that at some point you'll reach a saturation where everything you discuss is repetitive, then it's time to move on. That's true of most forums.

Reactions: Brink, Epsilon0, Lethe and 1 other person
Lethe

Lethe

Fey
Sep 19, 2019
I thought this thread was gonna be about SN poisoning or something, lol.

• Love
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
Debating here, in general, tends to rely heavily on rhetoric, feelings and personal anecdotes.

Yes! You summed this up so well.

You, however, when you argue, you often employ the three-step dialectics model of thesis - antithesis - synthesis, or plainly put problem - rebuttal - solution.

It's sort of your trademark.

And considering dialects is often accompanied by the modifier hegelian I would say that's just about the biggest compliment you can get. How often does one find oneself named in the same sentence as Hegel :smiling: ?

I had no idea that I do this. It's instinctive.

In addition, I have no problem with being shown I was wrong, because I value learning I was in error so that I can correct it. I'm human, in general no one likes being wrong, but it does me more harm to remain in error than to be corrected. I dislike being in error more than I dislike the temporary discomfort of having my errors revealed to me.

I also have no problem with the compliment and receive it with gratitude. I indeed wasn't seeking compliments, but I really value this reflection. Thank you.

• Love
Reactions: enjolras and Epsilon0
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019

Play the counting game all day and you'll rack up posts. Chat all day and you'll rack up reacts. I don't think either mean anything at all, at least from my angle.

I think you're right that at some point you'll reach a saturation where everything you discuss is repetitive, then it's time to move on. That's true of most forums.

I couldn't agree more. It seems everybody reaches a level of saturation sooner or later. I notice that I am less inclined to debate "what happens after death" and "is there a god" than I was at the beginning.

I mainly stay on for the conversation and the occasional laughs. There are a few very witty and creative individuals here that have afforded me great company and comfort. And for that I am deeply grateful and regard this forum as a place I feel somewhat "at home".

Reactions: Apathy79 and GoodPersonEffed
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020

I've taken a bit of a beating here and on another semi-related thread for saying this. However, I believe some are influenced by react counts, even if subconsciously.

I tend to view react counts analytically. To me a proportionately high react score tells me that many members really like what this person has to say, for a variety of reasons. Some folks say very little but when they do speak, it's very insightful and valuable, so much so that it is received by many. Some give a lot of loving-type emotion, and many members really value that. I'm sure there are other examples, those are the first two that come to mind.

Reaction scores are a statistic, and statistics are deceiving and can be interpreted in a variety of ways.

I had not considered the chat perspective as I don't hang out in chat. Does that also add to the message count?

I think you're right that at some point you'll reach a saturation where everything you discuss is repetitive, then it's time to move on.

Well stated. I really appreciated the word saturated, it really resonated. Thank you for sharing that.

Reactions: Epsilon0
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
@GoodPersonEffed

"Reaction scores are a statistic, and statistics are deceiving and can be intepreted in a variety of ways."

Well put!

I was somewhat "anti-react" when I first joined, and I even avoided using the like button for a while.

But then I heard members say it means a lot to them, and one person even pointed out it was the highlight of his/her day.

That made me realize that some users need the validation given by the react button, and so I changed my mind and decided to use it.

I'm a Facebook girl in a Facebook world!

Reactions: omoidarui, Deleted member 1465 and GoodPersonEffed
Apathy79

Apathy79

Arcanist
Oct 13, 2019
It's not a useful statistic for anyone that chats privately or publicly, or posts on other's profiles, or even their own. None of that adds to the post count, all of it adds to the react count. There's one user here with 6 posts and over 11,000 reacts. I wouldn't try to analyse that statistically against others - it doesn't mean anything at all, and nullifies any meaning that could be derived from both the post and react counts equally.

They're not worth looking at. The content of the posts is all that matters.

• Love
Reactions: Epsilon0 and GoodPersonEffed
enjolras

enjolras

Feb 13, 2020
Being a simple person, I only give reacts in order to comfort people suffering from erotomania towards me and I expect nothing in return. Thought it was the same for everyone.

Last edited:
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
Being a simple person, I only give reacts in order to comfort people suffering from erotomania and I expect nothing in return. Thought it was the same for everyone.

I usually use the heart react since there's no laugh react, but not this time! Ha ha ha!

The content of the posts is all that matters.

Agreed! People prove their character based on their consistent behavior, not reaction scores. In general, I think reaction scores speak more about those reacting than the one being reacted to.

I have never noticed the user you referred to in your comment. That was a jaw-dropper!

• Love
Reactions: Epsilon0, enjolras and Apathy79
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
I always found your contributions of a bonding nature cause they are refreshing from being brainy. You're indeed inviting people to think and there's some intellectual gourmandise to derive from your participation. I very much consider you like a pleasure generator to boot, behind sometimes austere appearances, or alternatively some panache, whose density has to be explored.
Since the very start, I quickly noticed that even if I was occasionally put off by your developments, scratching my head with a mix of circonspection, smile/laugh, endorsement, or not getting full nuances straight away, I could be confident that you're not acting for free and indeed are trying to guide towards self exploration. I understood that yes, I could trust you (most, you'd teach - I'm naturally critical) at all times, not meaning that I'd even have to agree with you, because you'd give the right not to, as long as I'm putting some honest efforts in to mitigate.
I feel strongly that you're somebody who services. There's a fake lead from your presence (noticeable writing skills and ability to express ideas) but it's really support, with an intent of manoeuvring respectfully. Around you, I feel the consideration, like a person being offered to take a hand to cross a bridge to discover a new horizon, or hinted to look behind corners. For that, you're the definition of what I'd consider a friendly soul...
The rest, the futur, is really about your own freedom to grant yourself.

Reread and corrected,
No fan boy (I refute the embarrassment ...and to not open hearts, given the context - meant it since earlier, now due)

And that is how it's done, people. On point, accurate, insightful and beautifully worded.

Applause! Standing ovation!

Nice to make your acquaintance @enjolras !

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: enjolras and GoodPersonEffed
enjolras

enjolras

Feb 13, 2020
When I get better, I can become a caver of my cavernous sensations. Not enough times lately. My strength disappears with the day.

I have never noticed the user you referred to in your comment. That was a jaw-dropper!

They are among us, in the sewers. One of them caught my foot on my profile, leaving me without solace and full of dread.

75118D84 13F7 47BF AE34 EF902BB13233

I quickly realised he/she had the biggest crush on me, as my erotic Nemesis. This led me to comply.

For reference, the counterfeiters can be easily identified, then put in the dungeon. Usually, they sport a posts to reacts ratio that cannot be divided (null denominator)

You'll be given love
You'll be taken care of
You'll be given love
You have to trust it

Maybe not from the sources
You have poured yours
Maybe not from the directions
You are staring at

Twist your head around
It's all around you
All is full of love
All around you

All is full of love
You just ain't receiving
All is full of love
Your phone is off the hook
All is full of love
Your doors are all shut
All is full of love!

All is full of love
All is full of love
All is full of love
All is full of love
All is full of love

Depending on prospect, the numbers may remain impersonal, the reacts used for practical logging, or the site made yours, a death cab for a cute crew. Whatever your therapy, make the hours better. (Thanks to all for improving mines)

Last edited:
Reactions: Epsilon0
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
I like Björk's It's oh so quiet

Reactions: enjolras