• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
How can it be red if it's also invisible? 😛

I think it's certainly an interesting way of visualizing how fate works but unless it can be harnessed and harvested for its practical applications I don't really care. I'd rather find a way to use this power for my own gain than deal with wondering where it's going to lead. At least I'd like to know where my fate is headed so I don't have to worry anymore.

Reactions: sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
How can it be red if it's also invisible? 😛

I think it's certainly an interesting way of visualizing how fate works but unless it can be harnessed and harvested for its practical applications I don't really care. I'd rather find a way to use this power for my own gain than deal with wondering where it's going to lead. At least I'd like to know where my fate is headed so I don't have to worry anymore.
Red string theory means that there's an invisible thread connecting you to your soulmate, whom you're destined to meet. A mutual friend said another SS user and I are perfect for each other

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_thread_of_fate

• Informative
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Red string theory means that there's an invisible thread connecting you to your soulmate, whom you're destined to meet. A mutual friend said another SS user and I are perfect for each other

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_thread_of_fate
I flip back on forth on believing in the concept of soulmates but that might be because a few years ago I once thought I had met my soulmate on SS as well and we really clicked in a lot of ways but ultimately she felt otherwise so I guess it wasn't meant to be.

I think the reality is that for every individual there are actually dozens or even hundreds of individuals in the world that could make a worthy romantic partner for them but it's all up to fate, or I guess this supposed red thread, to literally weave itself around and create these connections through getting to know each other and shared experiences.

Edit: Each of those folklore tales about the red thread describe times when most people were confined to their villages or small towns so of course it was much easier for people to find their soulmates because they had no other choice. Imagine if those guys had had dating apps or even had to contend with the One-Child policy creating a saturated male-to-female ratio. 😅

Last edited:
  • Informative
surroundedbydemons

surroundedbydemons

Experienced
Mar 6, 2024
It sounds like an intriguing legend.
I like the idea, but I am not convinced of its practicality in real life.

I think this guy put it better than anyone else:
18. psychics are frauds.

~~~
I think the reality is that for every individual there are actually dozens or even hundreds of individuals in the world that could make a worthy romantic partner for them but it's all up to fate, or I guess this supposed red thread, to literally weave itself around and create these connections through getting to know each other and shared experiences.

Exactly, it is all about the probability. Life is a numbers game...

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
I flip back on forth on believing in the concept of soulmates but that might be because a few years ago I once thought I had met my soulmate on SS as well and we really clicked in a lot of ways but ultimately she felt otherwise so I guess it wasn't meant to be.

Edit: Each of those folklore tales about the red thread describe times when most people were confined to their villages or small towns so of course it was much easier for people to find their soulmates because they had no other choice. Imagine if those guys had had dating apps or even had to contend with the One-Child policy creating a saturated male-to-female ratio. 😅
Do you think that there are parallel universes / alternate realities? I think that my soulmate is either my crush or this SS user

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Do you think that there are parallel universes / alternate realities? I think that my soulmate is either my crush or this SS user
It's possible but that depends on what you could have done differently to generate these alternate universes but that's assuming that all universes behave with the same governing laws of physics and branch out from there rather than them having their own sets of physics and laws.

I can't see how an alternate universe me would have succeeded with my potential SS soulmate. Maybe he could have chosen not to reveal certain details about himself that could have turned her away like him being INFP or something. Maybe he could have decided to risk going to jail and breaking quarantine to go meet with her since she was only 20 minutes away.

Maybe for you, there's something else you could have done to attract your high school crush and create this alternate reality for yourself but only you can be sure if you would have acted differently or not. I can say there's plenty of potential alternate realities that I've closed the doors off to entirely because I know I would not have acted any differently in those situations even if I were being explicitly told by myself from the future to change my path.

• Informative