• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

S

spinningship

Student
Dec 20, 2022
I remember seeing this thread a couple months back when I was still depressed and telling myself all the things people say like what's the point of recovery, or even if I do recover my life will still be shit, and it makes logical sense to go so recovery would be delusion. Now looking back my views have completely flipped and I no longer see suicide as logical at all and I sympathize so much more with pro-lifers. It's just interesting seeing how much your views and values are impacted by your current state of mind, even when you think you're being logical.

U

Unending

-
Nov 5, 2022
Feeling recovered and mentally healthy can definitely show things in a very different light and create a shocking contrast in how you feel about something or who you empathize with more. I surely feel less pessimistic when I'm in a better place but unfortunately am not having much luck getting to that place with treatment.

Also, I think that when one goes through a lot of treatment and still can't find relief or recovery in it, they will eventually become jaded towards the whole system for the fact that it has failed a certain demographic. It's just my thoughts on the matter but I can't speak for others obviously.

Reactions: WorthlessTrash
D

Deo volente

Nov 28, 2022
I remember seeing this thread a couple months back when I was still depressed and telling myself all the things people say like what's the point of recovery, or even if I do recover my life will still be shit, and it makes logical sense to go so recovery would be delusion. Now looking back my views have completely flipped and I no longer see suicide as logical at all and I sympathize so much more with pro-lifers. It's just interesting seeing how much your views and values are impacted by your current state of mind, even when you think you're being logical.
So true.

Source Energy

Source Energy

I want to be where people areN'T...
Jan 23, 2023
I hope you don't become the kind of pro-lifer that want to prevent others from dying. Those people who target this site, made N and SN sources disappear, and generally deny us the right to die with dignity whenever we choose.
It's great if you got to love your life. Just don't become one of those people.

S

spinningship

Student
Dec 20, 2022
I hope you don't become the kind of pro-lifer that want to prevent others from dying. Those people who target this site, made N and SN sources disappear, and generally deny us the right to die with dignity whenever we choose.
I'm happy you're in a better place but I hope you're saying that only inasmuch as your own situation is concerned.
Yeah, I should have been clearer I'm definitely not trying to push anything on anyone or suggest that pro-lifers are right. I'm just observing how my personal feelings about my personal situation have changed.

L

LaVieEnRose

Illuminated
Jul 23, 2022
Yeah, I should have been clearer I'm definitely not trying to push anything on anyone or suggest that pro-lifers are right. I'm just observing how my personal feelings about my personal situation have changed.
Okay, well I too think you can benefit from sticking it out and experiencing some more of life.

Bnuuy Luvs U

Bnuuy Luvs U

Apr 21, 2023
You cannot die with dignity, if you don't live with it.

Source Energy

Source Energy

I want to be where people areN'T...
Jan 23, 2023
You cannot die with dignity, if you don't live with it.
what is that supposed to mean? are you saying us here who are suffering don't live with dignity? and we don't deserve to die with dignity? this has kind of a patronizing vibe. Donno if you meant it