• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

cardboard_house

cardboard_house

he/him | i'm so tired. so, so tired.
Sep 17, 2023
I know that hotlines don't exactly have a good rep because they, well, don't work. I didn't phone a hotline, but I did phone a help line and I had a really good conversation. I had made a vow to myself, and I needed to speak it in words to another person, but everyone I know is asleep so I figured I would just phone the mental health line.

The guy that picked up was brilliant. It felt like talking to an old friend, even though we didn't even know each other's names. He really helped me calm down, and even offered to talk about cherishes memories of my late cat with him. I ended up on the phone with him for a full 20 minutes, talking about experiences with my late cat and sharing more about her.

He made me feel valued and understood in a way that I can't put into words. This isn't the first time I've called a hotline, and I have had a range of experiences, but the conversation I had with this guy felt so genuine. I never thought I would remember a self help line convo for being amazing, but life is full of interesting experiences.

I calmed down so much, and be the end of it, I felt so much better. When the call started, I was sobbing and shaking and rocking back and forth, and by the end of it my voice was even and I was hardly shaking. This is just a reminder to you guys that hotlines n help lines aren't always awful, so there's no reason not to try it if you want to.

cosifantutti

cosifantutti

Student
Aug 27, 2023
That's really good. In the UK we have the Samaritans. They are very good at listening and I've sometimes felt a bit better for ringing.

• Love
Reactions: cardboard_house
Death is my goal

Death is my goal

pathetic failure
Aug 25, 2022
ok but how did it actually help? you felt better after but what about tomorrow and the day after?

cosifantutti

cosifantutti

Student
Aug 27, 2023
ok but how did it actually help? you felt better after but what about tomorrow and the day after?
I think some people are calmed down by being able to express themselves. Although that doesn't make tomorrow better it can make the next few hours a little easier.

Reactions: cardboard_house