dramatizelist

dramatizelist

Jul 3, 2022

They had no idea what to do with me as a kid and that caused a lot of harm, but they're also a material leash that has been very helpful. If I didn't have access to healthcare or couldn't do college then I don't know how long I would have lasted.

• Hugs
Reactions: RedHarlequin and sourokraandfish
sourokraandfish

sourokraandfish

Apr 3, 2022
10 except for the first few years of childhood, but my mom was struggling with a lot of internal issues.

My parents are amazing. Extremely patient, understanding, and love me way too goddamn much, I sometimes question whether they are delusional. They always go beyond for me.

I'm incredibly privileged and my issues are entirely internal. I feel extremely guilty for being suicidal and am in fact sobbing right now. They deserve someone much stronger and better.

Last edited:
Josh007

Josh007

The number zero is feeling lonely...
Nov 30, 2020
Idk, I could rate them 10 and 0 in different aspects and situations. After a lot of consideration I come to this: A five would be unfair since I'm doing better thanks to them so I'll just give them a 7 for now.

P

Pallf

I'm tired
May 27, 2018
They're a 5 but it depends on the day. I won't give them a 0 but they're not getting a 10 either.
Brother and dad are helpless at anything tech and refuse to learn, even with the easiest of shit. Brother has a 2 year degree in computer maintenance but he can't set up Bluetooth to save his life.
Dad is also useless. He's old and can't seem to leave the 80s. He gives awful advice, will not shut up about how so and so person wronged him in some way about 40 years ago, gets into a mood with me if he sees something that should be done, but won't with my brother because my brother will get loud with him. He also gets unnecessarily loud with everyone.
If dad gets into my mom's face about something and I try to intervene and help she'll turn on me like a fucking snake.
I love them but they suck major ass. I suck ass too, but at least I'm aware of that. I have proper hatred of myself.

A

annique

earth's rotation gets me dizzy everyday
Jul 5, 2022
Just taking into account the present day, I'd rate them 9/10. They've been helping me a lot recently. I just don't rate them 10 because of how my mother has been acting these past days.

If you'd ask me this question 8 years ago, I'd rate them 4/10

If you'd ask me this 15 years ago, I'd rate them 0/10 (they were mostly the cause of my traumas)

Last edited:
S like suicide

S like suicide

Enlightened
Apr 29, 2021
2. They only care about school results and good looks. They fed me well but are emotionally absent. I feel tormented by them. They never listen carefully, trust me, nor support my desires. They want to help but they just step on me to try to get me to 'rebound' and be stronger; clearly this is really stupid and is not working.
It's exactly this for me...

• Hugs
Reactions: Susannah and Suicidebydeath
chronicrexie

chronicrexie

May 19, 2022
somewhere in between 4-8... it really depends, my dad was emotionally abusive for a large portion of my life but has changed a lot over the last little while. my mom is lovely and we've always had a good relationship.

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: Susannah and Suicidebydeath
makethepainstop

makethepainstop

Visionary
Sep 16, 2022

They had no idea what to do with me as a kid and that caused a lot of harm, but they're also a material leash that has been very helpful. If I didn't have access to healthcare or couldn't do college then I don't know how long I would have lasted.
My current family members are mentally ill, mooching little retards. I rate them as -10,000, forget 0, zero doesn't cover them.

gomenasai

gomenasai

Student
Sep 30, 2022
a 0 - destroyed my life by causing a car accident and have been neglecting me prior. Irresponsible cowards. Also they're mentally unwell so I can't even be angry with them. They are not evil - but they destroyed my life either way so they can go to hell.

Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

No chances to be happy - dead inside
Nov 25, 2021

• Hugs
Reactions: leeloosnow
LostMyWill

LostMyWill

Nov 22, 2019
My father is laid back and chill, and usually helps me with legal stuff.
My mother also tries to make me feel better and improve my life generally. Checks on me everyday during the week when I'm away for college.
But she cares too much about what people "think" of our family, and forces me to participate in family traditions even when I'm feeling like shit.
My sister is also caring and empathetic most of the time, but sometimes she can be really condescending and toxic when she's in a bad mood.

Overall, my family is okay-ish. The problem is that I just happen to have BPD, dysthymia and other issues that make my life not worth living.

Seiko

Seiko

"Nothing's gonna hurt you, baby."
Jul 9, 2021
6/10.

My family has been the primary source of pain in my life—but also the source of the most pleasure in my life. Depending on the context, they've either been the worst people to be around or the best people I could ask for. I know it's weird, but I'd CTB despite my hate or love for them.

achromatic

achromatic

hedgehog dilemma
Oct 18, 2022
7/10 depends on member but my mom is great and that makes everything so difficult.
It's so hard to live for someone's sake.

LesbianCarpetPython

LesbianCarpetPython

Smell lord
Sep 24, 2022
9. They are absolutely lovely. I really do love them so much and they're the one reason why I think I shouldn't off myself because my dad said he would join me if I did

• Love
Reactions: Susannah
actual_fox

actual_fox

Arcanist
Sep 15, 2022
During childhood - 2 or 3
Now - 8

Reactions: Susannah
hamvil

hamvil

Wizard
Aug 29, 2022
Well let's see they fed me, cared about school, beat me all the time, told me I am useless and an error, Abused me verbally and physically until I was 14 for my mother and until 24 my father. No clue, I guess it is a tie no?

T

Tacohell

Jan 31, 2022
3. They take care of me financially. They do not care for my mental health and have been really nasty about it to me. My dad mocked me when I first expressed wanting to CTB and my mother tried to one up me and tell me I am not special because she wants to ctb too. They have probably said the most heinous things to me out of everyone else I know and they can be very emotionally manipulative. My mother has told me several times how I need to be grateful because no one else cares about me and she has told me time and time again since I was a kid about how she wish she could start over with me.

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
Growing up- zero. No caring at all, just severe abuse and a show on the major holidays that only gave false hope. Now, some care, but way too little too late. Really it's my parents fault, and they're long gone.

botch3d

botch3d

Student
Sep 17, 2022
3/10. Dad tried to teach me some practical skills growing up, and tried to discipline me in the right directions (ended up failing at that unfortunately, but partially my fault for not realizing how he was trying to help me when he was pushing me out of my comfort zone). Dad was pretty emotionally absent though, no discussions were had about my intense anxiety and social awkwardness (catastrophic failure on my parent's part, should have been paying closer attention to those things from a far earlier age. Was on autism spectrum, and if anyone should know and do something about that, it's the parents, but they just sort of prayed it was an "awkward kid being awkward" situation and that it would go away).

Mom was good emotional support, and I feel closer to her, but she usually played the "good cop, bad cop" game with Dad, and I ended up liking her more because she would allow me to cave into my anxieties instead of encouraging me to conquer fears. Sort of framing Dad to be the "good parent" here, but I didn't really feel like either of them were effective at raising me. They both dropped the ball in a lot of important ways.
This sounds like my life