• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Status
Not open for further replies.
omoidarui

omoidarui

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
Apr 30, 2019
this is a rly minor thing but basically I don't like the green usernames, and particularly at 400 posts the colour of that rank reminds me of snot

I like how the colour gradient spans between Indigo and Red, but perhaps change the intermediate from green to lilac? Then we'll have a slightly nicer colour equivalent for the 300-500 post range. Or keep the green but put a colour between it and yellow. Here are some suggestions:

0 posts (as is)
100 posts
200 posts
300 posts
400 posts
500 posts
600 posts
700 posts
800 posts
900 posts
1000 posts (as is)
0 posts (as is)
100 posts
200 posts
300 posts
400 posts
500 posts
600 posts
700 posts (as is)
800 posts (as is)
etc. rest are as they are.
0 posts (as is)
100 posts (as is)
200 posts (as is)
300 posts
400 posts
500 posts
600 posts
700 posts
800 posts
900 posts
1000 posts (as is)
0 posts (as is)
100 posts (as is)
200 posts (as is)
300 posts
400 posts
500 posts
600 posts
700 posts
800 posts
etc.

If people like the existing green-yellow, then I guess this suggestion can be disregarded.

Last edited:
throwaway123

throwaway123

Hell0
Aug 5, 2018
I think maybe you should add the time the user has spend here, like maybe give them a one year trophy like on reddit or something. It would be cool to see how long people stick around.

Based on my experience people come and go here in waves. Nobody sticks around for long. I guess this is the nature of this forum but still interesting to see because it's always the same pattern with people, the posts, the messages, the threads, the goodbyes, just about everything.
All of that makes me really sad and feel like everythings dumb and pointless but I'm sure I'm not the only one who has observed this. Also why I'm not active anymore like I used to be. I've seen people from all over the globe come and go and it really shows you how insignificant you are in the grand scheme of things. I miss the people from SS on reddit. They're all gone now and I am one of the few (probably the only one) who has stuck around this long. I feel bad and sad for it. This was waaay back in 2016.

Most people here move on, start over or get over themselves and do it but I've just been stuck here for so long. :(

Last edited:
RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
I think maybe you should add the time the user has spend here, like maybe give them a one year trophy like on reddit or something. It would be cool to see how long people stick around.

Based on my experience people come and go here in waves. Nobody sticks around for long. I guess this is the nature of this forum but still interesting to see because it's always the same pattern with people, the posts, the messages, the threads, the goodbyes, just about everything.
All of that makes me really sad and feel like everythings dumb and pointless but I'm sure I'm not the only one who has observed this. Also why I'm not active anymore like I used to be. I've seen people from all over the globe come and go and it really shows you how insignificant you are in the grand scheme of things. I miss the people from SS on reddit. They're all gone now and I am one of the few (probably the only one) who has stuck around this long. I feel bad and sad for it. This was waaay back in 2016.

Most people here move on, start over or get over themselves and do it but I've just been stuck here for so long. :(

That's a good idea. But I don't know if I'm proud of that trophy, considering I'm here since 2018. But I see, you're also a veteran here. At least I'm not gonna be the only member with that medal. :hihi:

Also, that's true. The people come and leave in waves but the patterns and threads in the forum stay more or less the same. It's really odd. But I've probably seen 10 different variations of every single created thread and I've answered every question ever asked in this forum at least twice by now.
And I share your experience, I've witnessed the exit of many members and it's quite impressive how many people actually left since the forum was created. So many people pull through with their plans and it definitely changes your perspective on life. So many people I've talked to in the past are (self-)banned now, because of their exit. It's eye-opening. But it's also sad. I know that only a few people even will be remembered and every single member in this forum, maybe with the exception of some moderators, will eventually vanish and disappear forever from the memories of people, either because they move on or because they leave as well. As you said, makes you realize how insignificant we really are.

Just think about it: there will be a point sometime in the future when the forum has more dead than alive members. I just recently read a study that prognosed the exact same thing for Facebook. They will reach a point soon where dead members outnumber the ones who are alive. Mind-boggling, isn't it? The internet slowly turns into a huge, eternal grave.

Last edited:
BlueWidow

BlueWidow

Visionary
Oct 6, 2019
That's a good idea. But I don't know if I'm proud of that trophy, considering I'm here since 2018. But I see, you're also a veteran here. At least I'm not gonna be the only member with that medal. :hihi:

Also, that's true. The people come and leave in waves but the patterns and threads in the forum stay more or less the same. It's really odd. But I've probably seen 10 different variations of every single created thread and I've answered every question ever asked in this forum at least twice by now.
And I share your experience, I've witnessed the exit of many members and it's quite impressive how many people actually left since the forum was created. So many people pull through with their plans and it definitely changes your perspective on life. So many people I've talked to in the past are (self-)banned now, because of their exit. It's eye-opening. But it's also sad. I know that only a few people even will be remembered and every single member in this forum, maybe with the exception of some moderators, will eventually vanish and disappear forever from the memories of people, either because they move on or because they leave as well. As you said, makes you realize how insignificant we really are.

Just think about it: there will be a point sometime in the future when the forum has more dead than alive members. I just recently read a study that prognosed the exact same thing for Facebook. They will reach a point soon where dead members outnumber the ones who are alive. Mind-boggling, isn't it? The internet slowly turns into a huge, eternal grave.
I've only been here for a little over 2 months and I already feel like I've seen every thread topic several times over. :))
Secondly, that's kind of eerie. I never considered that someday Facebook will have more dead than alive members. I'm not on Facebook, so I don't think about it very much.

The internet slowly turns into a huge, eternal grave.

That's quite a statement to ponder. I'll be thinking about that for the rest of the night.

TowerUpright

TowerUpright

Disillusioned
May 26, 2019
I agree. I hate my current color rank on here. Ugly green
It reminds me of the ugly shades of orange, yellow, and green that were popular during the 1970's. :tongue:

Mustard Yellow and Pea green... Lol.

BlueWidow

BlueWidow

Visionary
Oct 6, 2019
Mustard Yellow and Pea green... Lol.
Yes, and the burnt reddish orange color. When I was growing up, we had that pukey pea green color carpet throughout most of our house, topped off in the living room with the ugly reddish orange rugs. Then our kitchen was done in the mustard yellow color. I hope those colors never come back into style. I do wish I had pictures of some of it though because some people forget how awful those colors were.
I have nostalgia for certain things about the 1970s, but not those colors. :))

TowerUpright

TowerUpright

Disillusioned
May 26, 2019
Yes, and the burnt reddish orange color. When I was growing up, we had that pukey pea green color carpet throughout most of our house, topped off in the living room with the ugly reddish orange rugs. Then our kitchen was done in the mustard yellow color. I hope those colors never come back into style. I do wish I had pictures of some of it though because some people forget how awful those colors were.
I have nostalgia for certain things about the 1970s, but not those colors. :))

Believe it or not, I've seen avocado green toilets from the 70s. Gag....

noctiva

noctiva

the invisible girl
Nov 6, 2019
I'll weigh in on this now because my colour just changed from some okay blue to unacceptable booger colour, and the next 200 posts will all be some shade of booger... How about some nice lilacs or pinks for the ladies and booger colours for the gents, if you set your gender? And a third gender neutral colour scheme? :)

BlueWidow

BlueWidow

Visionary
Oct 6, 2019
I'll weigh in on this now because my colour just changed from some okay blue to unacceptable booger colour, and the next 200 posts will all be some shade of booger... How about some nice lilacs or pinks for the ladies and booger colours for the gents, if you set your gender? And a third gender neutral colour scheme? :)
I have the same ugly colour. I liked the blue better.

BlueWidow

BlueWidow

Visionary
Oct 6, 2019
I was checking the next colour, and we go from weird green booger to some green/ yellow barf.. :notsure:
Yes, and this or the next colour will probably be the one I stay on for the life of this forum because I probably won't be able to create enough messages to get beyond the green colours before I'm gone. :notsure:
I liked the blue better. It matched my name.

• Aww..
Reactions: omoidarui
noctiva

noctiva

the invisible girl
Nov 6, 2019
@BlueWidow I was thinking to just play all the games in the threads repeatedly, but it doesn't work without anyone else playing, then it just adds to the same post and doesn't count as multiple ones.. I hate yellow, it's the worst colour ever, and all the colours that are mixed from yellow.. Not that it really matters, but the colours that omoidarui suggested look so pretty! Just take all schemes and let us choose in the settings. Or tie it to the gender choice or something like it.

marcusuk63

marcusuk63

CTB
Mar 24, 2019
Fashion , hairstyles , colours and trends are all a form of brainwashing , we "liked" those colours and styles back then because stylist told us we did .
In 30 years we will look at photos from now and think OMG the clothes , hair , colours and everyone's got a beard .

I`m sure nobody ever said" i wish the bottom of my trouser legs were wider than my hips ", some "fashion " designer told us they are this years must have and we all followed suit ,
then they told us no no, shell suites are the must have and the circle goes on .
We believe we like them because we are told we do , we are so gullible as a race
As a 60`s child i`ve seen it all come and go and i`ve never been a dedicated follower of fashion.

Last edited:
A

a_strange_day

Arcanist
Jul 16, 2019
I'll weigh in on this now because my colour just changed from some okay blue to unacceptable booger colour, and the next 200 posts will all be some shade of booger

I second that. Eew ! It reminds me of things I'd rather not talk about.

APharmaDestroyedLife

APharmaDestroyedLife

Your RX drugs are likely your real problem
Nov 4, 2019
Lol...look at all the boogers!!! how can the person in charge of this system possibly make sure everyone's preferred color is color they always are without changing the entire system?

I guess post until you get to you preferred color and then stop posting? Or change your avatar to your favorite color with an arrow pointing to your user name saying "I am not a booger!!!"
this is a rly minor thing but basically I don't like the green usernames, and particularly at 400 posts the colour of that rank reminds me of snot

I like how the colour gradient spans between Indigo and Red, but perhaps change the intermediate from green to lilac? Then we'll have a slightly nicer colour equivalent for the 300-500 post range. Or keep the green but put a colour between it and yellow. Here are some suggestions:

0 posts (as is)
100 posts
200 posts
300 posts
400 posts
500 posts
600 posts
700 posts
800 posts
900 posts
1000 posts (as is)
0 posts (as is)
100 posts
200 posts
300 posts
400 posts
500 posts
600 posts
700 posts (as is)
800 posts (as is)
etc. rest are as they are.
0 posts (as is)
100 posts (as is)
200 posts (as is)
300 posts
400 posts
500 posts
600 posts
700 posts
800 posts
900 posts
1000 posts (as is)
0 posts (as is)
100 posts (as is)
200 posts (as is)
300 posts
400 posts
500 posts
600 posts
700 posts
800 posts
etc.
If people like the existing green-yellow, then I guess this suggestion can be disregarded.
Enhhh. What do you know, you're just a
Tumblr p687eeUKP41w38zb8o2 400
Sorry I couldn't resist. :)

Last edited:
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
i like the idea, i get why some people don't care about this, but my stupid monkey brain just sees pretty pretty colors and yucky yucky ones, that's just human nature i guess.

i'm also not a fan of yellow and green tones in general, would be cool if we could get to choose the colors we like but this not something that i pay much attention to anyway.

Reactions: Flau
S

Santiago

Mage
Mar 25, 2018

Not the only one. There is at least two of us.

ImsooDone1N

ImsooDone1N

Arcanist
Nov 22, 2018
I was checking the next colour, and we go from weird green booger to some green/ yellow barf.. :notsure:
I kinda like my color now; I'm online a bit, but I don't think I've much worth sayin, so I don't have many posts. Doubt my color will change (tho I did go from 220~ posts back to 198 when a thread got deleted). That felt... pathetic. Realized I've also never started a thread.

BlueWidow

BlueWidow

Visionary
Oct 6, 2019
Aaahhhh! My name just turned the booger green color :ohhhh:

I know it sounds silly and vain, but I'm honestly thinking of delaying my ctb until I can get out of these green colors. I don't want to remain in these ugly green colors for the rest of time on this board.

That wouldn't be my only reason for delaying, as I've stated in other threads, but that would probably be one small, less important reason.

Azzy69

Azzy69

-
Aug 8, 2019

I know it sounds silly and vain, but I'm honestly thinking of delaying my ctb until I can get out of these green colors. I don't want to remain in these ugly green colors for the rest of time on this board.

That wouldn't be my only reason for delaying, as I've stated in other threads, but that would probably be one small, less important reason.
oh noooo. Sorry BlueWidow :hihi::pfff:

F

forever21

Student
Oct 19, 2019

I thought you don't have a color after you self banned? It will only stay of you don't self ban and ctb. Your name will be crossed out and gray.
Obviously I am not trying to interfere in your planning just trying to understand the system.

BlueWidow

BlueWidow

Visionary
Oct 6, 2019
I thought you don't have a color after you self banned? It will only stay of you don't self ban and ctb. Your name will be crossed out and gray.
Obviously I am not trying to interfere in your planning just trying to understand the system.
Well, yes that's true, my name would turn gray with a line crossed through it. But I would know it all ended with that ugly yellow green color.
Well, yes that's true, my name would turn gray with a line crossed through it. But I would know it all ended with that ugly yellow green color.
OK, I just realize someone else is going to post on here and tell me that I wouldn't know because I'd be dead.
First, I was just kind of joking about the whole thing. I would never delay my ctb over something as silly as my name changing color on here.
I was just in a very weird mood yesterday after I hung up from talking to my niece whom I hadn't spoken to in 20 years. It's very weird and surreal. And I wonder why it's happening now. . . Why didn't this happen a year ago or five years ago? Why is it happening now that I've decided to ctb and just as my plan to do so has come together?
It's got me rethinking my entire plan for distributing my belongings, which was to let whoever is left deal with it. I guess I was partly wanting to do it that way out of revenge for the fact that after my husband passed away, I was left to go through all of his large volume of belongings by myself and no one lifted a finger to help me. Sometimes I want them to feel the way I did when I was forced to go through all of my husband's endless amounts of stuff alone while I was still out of my mind with grief over his death.

Last edited:
Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
I didn't even notice the colors changed :O:O:pfff::pfff: OOPS! Now I am aware of it though.....!!

Reactions: BlueWidow
Skathon

Skathon

"...scarred underneath, and I'm falling..."
Oct 29, 2018
I would prefer a...
0-99 (#253037)
100 (#33424a)
200 (#49555c)
300 (#5c6870)
400 (#707c85)
500 (#85959f)