• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

d3j3ct3dl0s3r05

d3j3ct3dl0s3r05

i am so lainpilled :3 (? days left)
Apr 15, 2023
It's exactly what the title of this says, I quit my crappy fast food job today and my last shift should be next week. Decided to take back my life somewhat and just get away from my dickhead coworkers and maybe find a new job where I'm actually treated like an equal and not like I'm incompetent. I have a substantial amount of savings so should be enough to get me by until I find a new job :3

AshClouds

AshClouds

In time I started growing inward.
Apr 10, 2023
I actually read somewhere that some people who leave their jobs were witnessing an improvement on their overall mental health. Last year people of all professions were leaving in droves, (it was termed "The Great Resignation") and a lot of those people were happier. I hope it leads to a more fulfilling and happier life for you. 🫂

L

Louise Payne

Sep 13, 2023
It's exactly what the title of this says, I quit my crappy fast food job today and my last shift should be next week. Decided to take back my life somewhat and just get away from my dickhead coworkers and maybe find a new job where I'm actually treated like an equal and not like I'm incompetent. I have a substantial amount of savings so should be enough to get me by until I find a new job :3
Congratulations!!

theslasher

theslasher

psychonaut
Jun 12, 2023
I'm proud of you big homie. Quitting a bad job for a better one is the best thing you can do.

At my old job at RaceTrac, there was so much drama, coworkers would be screaming at each other, people were so stressed that their hair would fall out (I'm not even joking), a few of the managers actually died, one got cancer from the harsh cleaning chemicals, another got in a car accident, there was another that died too in our area idk the details though, also me and a coworker had to wipe doo doo of the bathroom floor and I've heard stories where it got on the wall and ceiling, also our soda machines had a tendency to leak, break, or completely explode and sent soda everywhere, speaking of leaks the ceiling also leaked more than Will Smith's wife, also another time when it was raining part of the roof fell off onto the sidewalk but luckily it didn't hit anyone, and don't even get me started on the customers holy shit, all that bs for $14 an hour. Fucking crazy idk why I didn't quite sooner, only reason I stayed is bc I felt bad for the coworkers, corporate rly didn't give af. Anyways, I'm currently looking for a better job and I'm seeing many options with much higher pay doing much cooler shit.

backtoearth

backtoearth

<3
Sep 9, 2023
That's great! Taking you life into your own hands - especially when you have some savings to fall back on - can only be a step in the right direction. Quitting can be terrifying but everyone deserves respect and understanding in their workplace. I hope this leads to a more fulfilling life and only good things <3

Unattainable666

Unattainable666

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2023
Have you thought about what you want to do? what interests you or excites you? Thought about going back to school? You sound pretty smart - smart enough to quit a crappy job. Congratulatons!! I hope you find a job you love (thought about working at a zoo?)

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
duwangJEff

duwangJEff

Sep 12, 2023
From my experience, it's hard to find a better job while you're stuck in a shitty one, so good on you, and hopefully things will improve soon.

As some other folks have asked, what interests do you have? What kind of things do you enjoy doing? Have any hobbies?

There are ways to make money without having a conventional job too. If you enjoy some form of sewing, for example, you could mend or sell clothing, though this likely won't pay many bills on its own. But I'd still encourage you to see if there's ways to make your hobbies/interests profitable

• Love
Reactions: ChronicallyCynical