• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

I

imsotiredd

Nov 3, 2023
Pretty straightforward question. I've been researching jumping for a while but I want some second opinions.

I live alone on the 10th floor of an apartment building in the Philippines and I'm considering jumping as my method. The road I'll be crashing into is a rarely used road owned by the subdivision next to me. My apartment faces the back of peoples' houses so I'm not landing directly in front of someone's house at least.

Some local advice (i.e. advice from anyone who lives in the Philippines) would be greatly appreciated (like how will my body be disposed of? How do I avoid media coverage/ maintain anonymity?), but general advice (like pain, how to get over SI, how to make it less traumatic for bystanders. etc etc) would be really helpful.

I'm also open to locally accessible alternative methods. Honestly, I'm just so tired.

Thank you so much for your time.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: leavingthesoultrap and I can't beat it
M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
Hey
not a good idea, I'd say. I'm not sure how safe it is to jump from the 10th floor but there's always people surviving, severely handicaped.
Although 10th floor seems pretty safe, I guess, it's very high.
I personally would hang myself. Very high sucess rate.

Reactions: bebebeep and imsotiredd
T

timing

Nov 22, 2023
Thing with jumping you got to make sure you land head first.

Funny to come and think of it how a person can die falling off a step ladder and can survive falling 20+ floors. Guess it's fate. But overall, this method is still one of the most proven. Just you got to be really determined and desperate to leap off the edge. Trust me, it ain't easy to overcome SI.

Reactions: leavingthesoultrap, imsotiredd and I can't beat it
Orbitc

Orbitc

Sorry for my English
Jul 2, 2023
I am a depressed person and often think about suicide and jumping is one of the methods I think about. But I hope that my SN will work as it should and I will die peacefully. I hope I don't have to go out the window. I used to be depressed because I hate my job, now I have an even worse depression because I don't have this job and have a debt to the bank of almost 2 million. Now I'm also bankrupt and I have no choice.

• Hugs
Reactions: bridgegirl and imsotiredd
I

imsotiredd

Nov 3, 2023
Hey
not a good idea, I'd say. I'm not sure how safe it is to jump from the 10th floor but there's always people surviving, severely handicaped.
Although 10th floor seems pretty safe, I guess, it's very high.
I personally would hang myself. Very high sucess rate.
That's true. That's actually one of my main hang ups with this method. If I fail, I end up making my life more hell than it already is.

Hanging sounds alright, but I don't know. I'll need to research about it more. I guess I kinda prefer a random stranger find my bloody, crumpled corpse on the ground so it's cleaned up immediately than letting it rot at home. I don't like the idea of making my whole floor stink, but I guess I could solve that by hanging myself in a more public place...

I am a depressed person and often think about suicide and jumping is one of the methods I think about. But I hope that my SN will work as it should and I will die peacefully. I hope I don't have to go out the window. I used to be depressed because I hate my job, now I have an even worse depression because I don't have this job and have a debt to the bank of almost 2 million. Now I'm also bankrupt and I have no choice.

Damn that's really fucking rough. I hope you find peace friend.

I've read up a bit on SN. Overall the method is much more complicated than just jumping off my balcony. I'll consider it though. It would be nice to not leave such a bloody mess.

Thanks for the responses

Reactions: Orbitc
lostforever77

lostforever77

Dec 13, 2023
Pretty straightforward question. I've been researching jumping for a while but I want some second opinions.

I live alone on the 10th floor of an apartment building in the Philippines and I'm considering jumping as my method. The road I'll be crashing into is a rarely used road owned by the subdivision next to me. My apartment faces the back of peoples' houses so I'm not landing directly in front of someone's house at least.

Some local advice (i.e. advice from anyone who lives in the Philippines) would be greatly appreciated (like how will my body be disposed of? How do I avoid media coverage/ maintain anonymity?), but general advice (like pain, how to get over SI, how to make it less traumatic for bystanders. etc etc) would be really helpful.

I'm also open to locally accessible alternative methods. Honestly, I'm just so tired.

Thank you so much for your time.

I am going to have to agree with the others here, 10 stories is not far enough to ensure success. Given that a story is about 10 feet, add some padding, I would say that you are no more than 120 feet above the street. The minimum that I have heard is at least 200 feet, of course there are a lot of other factors as well. I wish you luck in finding the peace that you so deserve, whether this is in this life or the next.

Reactions: imsotiredd
G

Gonnerr

Enlightened
Mar 12, 2023
Can you try to get access to the roof , it will be higher there , more chance of success.

Here where i live , i can , the code is 123456 lolll. But not high enough like 7th floor high and its not my method.

PrettyPotato

PrettyPotato

-
Dec 11, 2023
I am going to have to agree with the others here, 10 stories is not far enough to ensure success. Given that a story is about 10 feet, add some padding, I would say that you are no more than 120 feet above the street. The minimum that I have heard is at least 200 feet, of course there are a lot of other factors as well. I wish you luck in finding the peace that you so deserve, whether this is in this life or the next.
200 feet minimum? Blimey, that's really surprising. That's around 60m - I'd guessed about half that!

Reactions: imsotiredd and Orbitc
lostforever77

lostforever77

Dec 13, 2023
200 feet minimum? Blimey, that's really surprising. That's around 60m - I'd guessed about half that!
I will say I thought that the stats were including padding to help ensure the close to 100 percent success rate. For instance they said over water it would be around 700 feet, but I do know there is a bridge not to far away where a few people were successful and it was a little less than 200. I don't know if anyone wants to be THAT person that gives the bare minimum and then someone become paralyzed or something.

PrettyPotato

PrettyPotato

-
Dec 11, 2023
I will say I thought that the stats were including padding to help ensure the close to 100 percent success rate. For instance they said over water it would be around 700 feet, but I do know there is a bridge not to far away where a few people were successful and it was a little less than 200. I don't know if anyone wants to be THAT person that gives the bare minimum and then someone become paralyzed or something.
Can't see that 700 ft thing being very accurate. As you say, there are bridges everywhere where people have successfully ctb. I think there are clouds at 700ft :ahhha:

• Yay!
Reactions: lostforever77
phoebonebe

phoebonebe

bone bag tagged 'phoebe'
Sep 28, 2023
well , two girls from my country who commited together fell back from a 20M abandoned building , both died by hitting their head on hard rocks, so I guess it's just how you land. I think for me personally it would be easier to die from a height like that than more , as I would probably have less time to spin in the air in case my SI hits in the act.