ever so lonely

ever so lonely

terry joseph williams
Apr 17, 2022
so i just got done reading the mammoth book it by stephen king, on my kindle, i read it years ago, but it didnt have anywhere near the same level of impact, probably because i was a stupid impressionable teen, but reading it back now, wow 😲, what an awesome read, i dont know what genre to put it under tho, a coming of age story ?, a horror novel ?, a suspense thriller, a supernatural novel ?, it talks of topics like death, suicide (stan uris), loss and tragedy throughout, the films were semi ok i suppose, but the book is in a whole league of its own, very disturbing and very graphic in parts, what i found frightening and kind of surreal is at the end they are forgetting derry, forgetting there friendships formed, forgetting IT ever existed, forgetting the many horrors they have endured, as adults and even more so as kids, that to me is terrifying, at the end of the book after defeating IT, beverly catches there reflections as adults, not reduced to 4 as they had become (stan and eddie dead, mike in hospital), but as the lucky 7 they set out as, as kids, as they were, not as they are now, as adults and reduced in number, such a powerful read honestly, shame about the fictional characters who didnt make it tho, stan and eddie, 🥺 was gutted for them, and the thing about this book is that you genuinely care for the characters, it is like king creates this world makes it believable and gets you hooked on the character development and gets you invested in them, and then shit hits the fan lol, great story telling, on a side note tho he must have a thing about his native maine, as most of his horror novels are depicted there lol, anybody else ever read it ? and if so where would you rank it in kings horror novels collection ?, or any horror novels collection ? for that matter