M

M

Umm...

Giving an example as it's happening. Since @Marquis participated on this thread, maybe you can verify with him that it happens.

It happens often but is usually taken care of quickly.

Reactions: Abgrundanziehung, puppy9, Sensei and 1 other person
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
Taken care of.
Totally imagine you wearing sunglasses with an explosion in the background while saying this

Honestly I think it's just random coincidence rather than anything fueling it. Pro lifers will come here and try to argue with us, it's just a reality we are stuck with.
Pardon my ignorance, but wouldn't recovery count as pro-life?
I guess the difference is the pro-lifers you mention just come here to preach?
it's the lack of respect for choice that makes it pro life, the fact that there is no acknowledgement of the fact that we should have control over it. They tell us that suicide is wrong, the incorrect decision to make, not that they'd rather we lived.

Last edited:
Reactions: Abgrundanziehung
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Honestly I think it's just random coincidence rather than anything fueling it.

I'm curious as to why you think that.

I think about your statement and I think something must fuel one's desire to enter where they're not wanted and try to change people's minds. Kind of like an atheist entering a church and trying to change people's minds about god and save them from their delusions. However, evangelical christians teach witnessing, and they do it individually and in groups, but it's an activity backed by the church and its dogma. Perhaps I'm wrong but pro-life interference feels like the same proselytizing, dogma-based and group-sanctioned kind of effort. I'm curious as to how you see it and experience it.

Perhaps I'm in error, but I get the impression that you're minimizing or telling a a different story than what's actually happening, and I wonder what fuels that, to use your same word.

Last edited:
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
I'm curious as to why you think that.

I think about your statement and I think something must fuel one's desire to enter where they're not wanted and try to change people's minds. Kind of like an atheist entering a church and trying to change people's minds about god and save them from their delusions. However, evangel christians teach witnessing, and they do it individually and in groups, but it's an activity backed by the church and its dogma. Perhaps I'm wrong but pro-life interference feels like the same proselytizing, dogma-based and group-sanctioned kind of effort. I'm curious as to how you see it and experience it.

Perhaps I'm in error, but I get the impression that you're minimizing or telling a a different story than what's actually happening, and I wonder what fuels that, to use your same word.
It seems reasonable to me. They come here uninvited because our lack of invitation means nothing to them; they see us as mentally ill and incapable of reasonable decision making, and in their eyes their attempts at 'saving' us are totally reasonable and the right thing to do. Why would there be more reason than that? This forum catches people's attention from time to time, and some of those people are going to be pro lifers who decide to come and spread their views here. I think that's all it is.

I've only seen a couple of pro lifers here and just ignored them, so maybe I am not seeing the significance of their presence.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game and Skathon
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
It seems reasonable to me. They come here uninvited because our lack of invitation means nothing to them; they see us as mentally ill and incapable of reasonable decision making, and in their eyes their attempts at 'saving' us are totally reasonable and the right thing to do. Why would there be more reason than that? This forum catches people's attention from time to time, and some of those people are going to be pro lifers who decide to come and spread their views here. I think that's all it is.

I've only seen a couple of pro lifers here and just ignored them, so maybe I am not seeing the significance of their presence.

So they're like light trolls instead of evil trolls? Positive narcissists instead of dark triads?

You were, however, involved with the threads where pro-lifers were directly poking at SS members via Facebook. I'm not seeing how you could be unaware of the significance of their presence.

Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
So they're like light trolls instead of evil trolls? Positive narcissists instead of dark triads?

You were, however, involved with the threads where pro-lifers were directly poking at SS members via Facebook. I'm not seeing how you could be unaware of the significance of their presence.
idk, I just kinda giggle at their rants and move on. I don't have the energy to care.

Reactions: Skathon and Deleted member 4993
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
We had a chance to show integrity and respect but we blew it spectacularly.

Some of us blew it spectacularly. Others just looked on, aghast.

Wait, what?! Where? When? Are you referring to J4 Week, or ... ?

And speaking of wait/what?! and where: Are all traces of yesterday's perp erased? What was his/her stage name?

Thanks, by the way, for alerting me, @GoodPersonEffed. Please feel appreciated.

The anti-choice stuff I've seen here do seem like proselytizers, maybe "assigned" a task like "stop a suicide" or maybe just feeling belligerently saviorlike on their own.

If they're being sent here to accomplish something, "communicate with someone suicidal with humility and compassion and strive to understand them" would be a way better assignment.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brink and Brick In The Wall
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Oh yes that was one shitstorm of a week. I did my best to do damage limitation and even try and get a dialogue out of it but it was like a train crash. I was appalled by the whole thing, there was fallout for members too. We had a chance to show integrity and respect but we blew it spectacularly.

We had a real opportunity there to take a moral high ground. The accusations against us are always baseless and without merit.

That wasn't the first or only campaign against us. We just rarely hear about it because they usually fail to gain any real traction.

Reactions: Sensei and Deleted member 19276
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
the threads where pro-lifers were directly poking at SS members via Facebook.

Wait, what?! Where? When? Are you referring to J4 Week, or ... ?

For the first link, see the entire thread, not just that comment:

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/did-anyone-else-read-the-mothers-long-post.41330/post-770187

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...-site-done-for-manslaughter.42262/post-772002

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Soul
Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
I can't imagine being a pro-lifer on a site like this. Talk about having no life!

• Love
Reactions: puppy9
puppy9

puppy9

au revoir
Jun 13, 2019
Pro-Lifers I wanna some money. 100k would be a good start.:halo:

Reactions: XYZ, GoneGoneGone, Jojo81 and 1 other person
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
Is it me or is there an influx of pro-lifers on this site all of a sudden? There's currently one in the suicide discussion forum commenting under all threads
If anything it just pisses me off and it makes me want to ctb out of spite :pfff: Is that crazy? I don't want to hear generic and cliché pro-life crap
Guess I'm lucky and haven't stumbled upon many prolifers. Idk why they would even go to a site like this

Reactions: Skathon
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
Guess I'm lucky and haven't stumbled upon many prolifers. Idk why they would even go to a site like this

It's like missionaries going to save the stupid, unwashed, lawless savages.

• Love
Reactions: XYZ and AJ.
D

Deleted member 19276

Wizard
Jun 28, 2020
The virgin pro lifers vs. the chad pro choice SS :))
All joking aside, I seriously hope I don't run into any.
I had to deal with them enough as it is, specially at the mental hospital.

• Hugs
Reactions: puppy9
W

Worthless_nobody

Enlightened
Feb 14, 2019
Ok pro lifers if you want to "save" me then some money might help instead of empty platitudes

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, GoneGoneGone, Skathon and 1 other person
StuFin

StuFin

Arcanist
Oct 21, 2020
I'm pretty sure that no one here killed your son, he almost certainly killed himself.
If her son did kill himself I can fully understand her pain and wanting to blame us if he found out the best way to do it here.

However, if it saved him from a painful, clumsy attempt that may have made him suffer then her pain and anger is misplaced.

He'd have done it anyway, whether he came here or not.

On the other hand, it's probably Bipolarguy creating some drama for his new friends at the 26 idiot group.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: ithappens, it's_all_a_game, GoneGoneGone and 5 others
RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
How did you get approved to join this heavenly place?

We just had another friendly visit of a pro-lifer and I showed them the door. Don't entertain them. Just ignore and report them, we'll take care of the rest.

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, puppy9, Despondent and 2 others
KClown

KClown

Oct 20, 2020
You killed my son

You killed my son

You killed my son

You need to get off here they killed my son

You killed my son

Murderer

The hell that's not how even pro-lifers operate, looks like psycho writing,

sufferingalways

sufferingalways

Avoiding flashing images, epilepsy.
Apr 26, 2020
Totally imagine you wearing sunglasses with an explosion in the background while saying this

Can just picture that! A Raymond Reddington type character .. maybe?
:sunglasses:

Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
We just had another friendly visit of a pro-lifer and I showed them the door. Don't entertain them. Just ignore and report them, we'll take care of the rest.
Thank you if you were the one who banned the one pro lifer on my ctb thought thread yesterday. :pfff:

• Hugs
Reactions: XYZ and RainAndSadness
C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020

Attention pro lifers you tried to help when its to late, your meant to help before someones dead,you thick bastards!!

Reactions: Nymph