CuriosityAndCat

CuriosityAndCat

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.
Nov 2, 2023
I'm eating ice cream twice daily and I'm not joking lol

I've let myself go a bit ever since I've made peace with dying

Working out is a big one if you don't have any illnesses/etc. that are barriers to doing so, such as myself

I want so bad to be back at the gym

Ice cream is my vice. I eat the stuff daily. A frozen custard that's eggnog flavored is my favorite type atm. Got it out of curiousity. What's your illness?

Rhizomorph1

Rhizomorph1

May you find peace in living or dying
Oct 24, 2023
Ice cream is my vice. I eat the stuff daily. A frozen custard that's eggnog flavored is my favorite type atm. Got it out of curiousity. What's your illness?
Chronic fatigue syndrome. No cure or symptom reducing treatments, destroys cognition, and makes it impossible to do exercise; in fact exercise increases the progression of the illness.

I tried ben & Jerry's "cone together" the other day and it was delightfully tasty. Il keep my eye out for the eggnog flavour :)

Reactions: Immensevoid
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I think we all seek to benefit by recognizing that those who are not able to recover are a minority that just happens to be overrepresented on this forum.
I agree with that.

I would say the forum members are not representative from a maths statistic point of view. What gathers here is only the top of the ice berg among the suicidal people who see no other option for them and probably there are many more who don't even search for a "community".

I speak for myself here, I'm suicidal since many years (passively) it never came to my mind to even search for a "suicidal community" until i really reached rock bottom, totally desperate.

Ofc most of the users here would CTB if they had N (most likely) but it's still not representative than if N was given to the population of a whole country giving them the option to decide freely. There'd be such a small minority who used it, unrecognizable.

Reactions: Immensevoid and Rhizomorph1
BlazingBob

BlazingBob

I'm still here b/c of my dogs
Oct 28, 2021
Chronic fatigue syndrome. No cure or symptom reducing treatments, destroys cognition, and makes it impossible to do exercise; in fact exercise increases the progression of the illness.

I tried ben & Jerry's "cone together" the other day and it was delightfully tasty. Il keep my eye out for the eggnog flavour :)
I'm pretty sure I have ME/CFS. It's debilitating and life destroying. I also have severe RLS which is torture. I can barely get out of bed, struggle to feed myself, and forget about taking a shower unless I want to deal with a huge crash afterwards. This isn't living.

Reactions: Immensevoid
Rhizomorph1

Rhizomorph1

Oct 24, 2023
I'm pretty sure I have ME/CFS. It's debilitating and life destroying. I also have severe RLS which is torture. I can barely get out of bed, struggle to feed myself, and forget about taking a shower unless I want to deal with a huge crash afterwards. This isn't living.
Fuck man it sucks so hard. My muscles hurt all the time...

Do you get brain fog or cognitive symptoms too? I feel like I have brain damage anytime I do any exercise

CuriosityAndCat

CuriosityAndCat

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.
Nov 2, 2023

Do you get brain fog or cognitive symptoms too? I feel like I have brain damage anytime I do any exercise
Idk if you're disease has genetic component. There's a lot of crispr therapies in development pipeline. I wouldn't do drug testing myself, but if you're here...Be on the lookout and consider applying for human trial. Even if you get placebo, you're in line for treatment.

Reactions: Rhizomorph1
BlazingBob

BlazingBob

I'm still here b/c of my dogs
Oct 28, 2021

Most definitely. I can't do anything that requires any level of complexity. I pay dearly any time I exert myself at all. Today I had to clean up the front yard. I'm aching all over. My lower legs and lower back are on fire.

Rhizomorph1

Rhizomorph1

Oct 24, 2023
Most definitely. I can't do anything that requires any level of complexity. I pay dearly any time I exert myself at all. Today I had to clean up the front yard. I'm aching all over. My lower legs and lower back are on fire.
Yup. I went to the store and it hurt...

Have you tried psychedelics? I just took DMT and find it helps a lot with the aches/pain. Mushrooms or LSD would probably do the same.

I'm just holding in until I can ctb though. I'm selfishly glad there is someone else who can understand. I can handle my anxiety, depression, and PTSD. It is the fatigue and associated brain fog that will be the death of me.

-Rhizo