• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

I

Interloper

Jul 23, 2021
I'm actually persuaded by his argument. Brought up a lot of points I didn't realize, such as that one or more of the admins actively harass parents of dead children. The comments section had a lot of the virtue signaling/platitudes you might expect, but Tantacrul seemed genuine. had a lot of respect for him on the outset so i think i was particularly receptive. aight i'm outta this joint lol
What's the timestamp for the part admins harassing part? Cba watching the full thing.

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
Also the anime pictures and other comments for some reason want to make us look like a creepy edgy otaku cult.
Taking the piss out of people for liking anime or anime esque aesthetics by insinuating that those who watch it are automatically weird, fucked up, and perverted by proxy is something normies have been doing for decades. If you were in school 10 or 20 years ago and people knew you watched anime, you'd probably get bullied for it. Even if you watched dragon ball Z, sailor moon, or naruto, you were gonna be associated with hentai watching degenerates and vulgarity.

Using anime girls as clickbait another gotcha technique they can use to convince viewers that everyone here is abnormal, edgy, or pathetic. Many outcasts, especially in the aurism community, have always been super into watching anime and reading manga, and neurotypical people do seem to take notice of that fact, associating anime with socially deviant behaviors. Doing the anime girl gag in the video is just a socially acceptable way to discredit people who don't fit in by associating them with extremes like sociopathic imageboard coomers and the stereotype of the socially anxious, autistic hikikomori hiding in his mother's basement collecting body pillows to his detriment.

It couldn't possibly be that people who are ostracised tend to gravitate towards nerdy and niche hobbies as a form of escapism from reality, no way, there has to be some malificient intent behind liking cute anime drawings! Like yeah, I'm aware that liking anime is objectively pretty cringe as a hobby, and who fucking cares? Let me have my cutesy hello kitty dresses, manga, and dragon ball memes.

Last edited:
Judah

Judah

Enlightened
Oct 1, 2020
Taking the piss out of people for liking anime or anime esque aesthetics by insinuating that those who watch it are automatically weird, fucked up, and perverted by proxy is something normies have been doing for decades. If you were in school 10 or 20 years ago and people knew you watched anime, you'd probably get bullied for it. Even if you watched dragon ball Z, sailor moon, or naruto, you were gonna be associated with hentai watching degenerates.

Using anime girls as clickbait another gotcha technique they can use to convince viewers that everyone here is abnormal, edgy, or pathetic. Many outcasts, especially in the aurism community, have always been super into watching anime and reading manga, and neurotypical people do seem to take notice of that fact, associating anime with socially deviant behaviors. Doing the anime girl gag in the video is just a socially acceptable way to discredit people who don't fit in by associating them with extremes like sociopathic imageboard coomers and the stereotype of the socially anxious, autistic hikikomori hiding in his mother's basement collecting body pillows to his detriment.

It couldn't possibly be that people who are ostracised tend to gravitate towards nerdy and niche hobbies as a form of escapism from reality, no way, there has to be some malificient intent behind liking cute anime drawings! Like yeah, I'm aware that liking anime is objectively pretty cringe as a hobby, and who fucking cares? Let me have my cutesy hello kitty dresses, manga, and dragon ball memes.
YES, to hell with society, we have been ignored and despised by a hypocritical society, and yet we are criticized for looking for ways to escape reality, the world is better in my lonely shell where no one can hurt me.

Also, another problem is that this forum was related to the incel forum at the beginning, people will believe that this is still the case and that this place hosts people with misogynistic and unpleasant attitudes

Last edited:
epic

epic

Enlightened
Aug 9, 2019

A lot of it is heavy misrepresentation of the forum by - cherry picking examples, by exclusion, by prefacing an argument. There is a lot there so I will only debunk some-

1. He did a section on the forum's "anti-help" perspective . It starts at 11:01 but doesn't even talk in depth about the recovery section which has the exact same visibility as the suicide section . It has 4.9k threads and 65k replies . He mentions "recovery" flippantly in the video somewhere. If he was honest with his criticism he would have talked about recovery section . There are so many threads where people have posted a problem which looks solvable or bearable and people have encouraged him to give life a go. None of them are shown He therefore lied by exclusion .

2. At 9:51, he shows a comment of a user saying something on the lines of how can someone CTB'ing love their mother. I bet, this is not the average view of the users here. Many people (including me) are still here because we don't want to cause emotional trauma to our families because of our suicide. There are plenty of threads and replies on the forum saying the same but they are not shown in the video. If he wanted to gauge the sentiment about people loving their mother, he should have just made an anonymous poll asking that question.
More importantly, for people who don't love their mother and want to CTB , in many cases were abused while growing up which is atleast partly why they must be here in the first place. None of this is addressed .

Note that this is not an exhaustive list . I only had time to type this much out.

Chinaski

Chinaski

Arthur Scargill appreciator
Sep 1, 2018
Taking the piss out of people for liking anime or anime esque aesthetics by insinuating that those who watch it are automatically weird, fucked up, and perverted by proxy is something normies have been doing for decades. If you were in school 10 or 20 years ago and people knew you watched anime, you'd probably get bullied for it. Even if you watched dragon ball Z, sailor moon, or naruto, you were gonna be associated with hentai watching degenerates and vulgarity.

Tbh l think his reference to the anime aesthetic was more about the fact that any asshole can easily adopt a cutesy uwu presentation as an easy way "in" and this has been seen on a few occasions, l don't have a problem with people using this as a form of genuine expression but it's not inaccurate to suggest that big anime avi, hugs emoji, phoned-in empathy is the quickest way to gain entry here.

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
Tbh l think his reference to the anime aesthetic was more about the fact that any asshole can easily adopt a cutesy uwu presentation as an easy way "in" and this has been seen on a few occasions, l don't have a problem with people using this as a form of genuine expression but it's not inaccurate to suggest that big anime avi, hugs emoji, phoned-in empathy is the quickest way to gain entry here.
There are definitely bad actors who snuck in here by making themselves seem relatable and nice (someone like Sherri, or Little Amy are prime examples of this) and picking up on how people talk here, what people tend to be interested in, etc, then mimicking these behaviors so that they can worm their way in to start conducting manipulative scams. How long did it take for that one guy to be exposed for creeping and harassing in people's DMs, because he had lots of people fooled about his situation.

That is probably the only point in his video that I can agree on, you do have to be very cautious about who you trust online, but especially in communities like here where people are sharing very vunerable and intimate part of their lives for all to see. Some people can and will take advantage of that vulnerability to be nasty, scam, deceive and lie, just probably not for the "pro death" reasons Tantracrule thinks, they all seem to be messed up themselves with a proclivity for manipulation or anger towards women who reject their unwanted advances or insistence on partnering up.

The partners thread for instance, I would not touch with a 10 foot pole, ever. Or any talk of dating. You really have to get to know someone for a long period of time to know they're trustworthy. No one should trust a stranger just because they have them a hug emoji, but there are a lot of desperate and hurting people here who may find themselves susceptible to being taken advantage of by a scammer if they are in a particularily awful place and just want someone to talk to.

You always gotta sleep with one eye open, it seems.

A

affinity

Oct 8, 2021
Th/ orignl admn wre also admn fr an incel frum bt earlr iteratns of SaSu xisted lng b4 thn via Reddt & a.s.h

As fr th/ 'subscrptn servce' - h/ = lkely refrrng 2 Ext Intrnatnl bcse thre hve bn links 2 th/ ppeh

Obvsly SaSu ds nt hve n.e affilatns wth Ext whch = a cmpny tht ds in fct prfit frm suicdl ppl

Th/ whle 45 mns

H/ = deltd th/ cmmunty pst frm hs pge tlkng abt postng th/ vdeo s/ h/ mght b editng or changng hs mnd

In hs infin8 wisdm h/ namd th/ orignl admn & also th/ NYT artcl s/ findng SaSu fr hs audnce wld hve bn easy

I was really confused bc I personally had never seen a subscription service that was specifically tied to SASU. I assumed he was referring to Exit Intl, which is definitely not an ally, let alone remotely connected/affiliated and again, I've never seen anyone refer others there bc the only useful source (imho) is the PPH and of course, we've seen the discussion RE access/content for same ad nauseum.

I do think his heart is in the right place and some of his points do have validity, but like many of the people he interviewed, it seems like they're missing the bigger picture here and that (imho) is why so many of us came here and why instead of identifying those reasons (& solutions), they're focussing on taking away a forum where those concerns can be openly discussed without fear or shame.

Lori Trahan (the US representative) did admit that she saw value in people coming together to share their stories and to me, it's intellectually dishonest to say that this forum hasn't provided that for many. She did address "malicious actors" and to be fair, this forum has seen their fair share of them given the nature of the site and I won't get into another debate on how this could/needs to be better addressed.

Totally obiter: but this reminds me of Bill Walton (a former NBA player who is now a popular commentator) advocating for defacto internment camps for the homeless in San Diego, California. I won't bore you with the details, but it's very much a solution (imho) where you're just shuffling the problem to an area you won't have to see - very much, out of sight, out of mind.

In my view? That is what he and those he interviewed will accomplish. Go right ahead and make it a felony to encourage/assist and try to do so without being overly broad where you're also capturing good faith actors for those in states where assisted death is illegal. Go ahead and take away a forum for those who are clearly struggling and have no access to support. It still will not change the fact that these same people will still be in pain and will still find a way to commit suicide. Contrary to popular belief: unless you're in a turtle suit in a padded room or lack the physical ability due to health challenges, it's not that difficult to kill yourself. It's also very arrogant to take the stance that these young people in particular wouldn't have killed themselves had they not had access to this forum. None of them know this for fact. The young people they discussed were clearly troubled and one parent understood their son was in trouble.

All in all: this is more out of sight out of mind busy work. They continue to refuse to acknowledge why so many feel hopeless and with an absolutely broken mental health system, they have no supports. What do they expect to happen?

As for suggesting we women folk leave bc incels ran/moderated (and may even still be) the sub: guess what, most if not all social forums are run by disgusting and abhorrent people and while I was shocked to learn this information when revealed by the NYT, the reality is: it is very possible to use this forum and avoid content that runs parallel to incel boards (and the nihilism, but that's another topic) and there is a vocal group here who have called this behaviour out. If that wasn't present, I wouldn't have made an account .

/fin

Last edited:
Chinaski

Chinaski

Arthur Scargill appreciator
Sep 1, 2018
There are definitely bad actors who snuck in here by making themselves seem relatable and nice (someone like Sherri, or Little Amy are prime examples of this) and picking up on how people talk here, what people tend to be interested in, etc, then mimicking these behaviors so that they can worm their way in to start conducting manipulative scams. How long did it take for that one guy to be exposed for creeping and harassing in people's DMs, because he had lots of people fooled about his situation.

That is probably the only point in his video that I can agree on, you do have to be very cautious about who you trust online, but especially in communities like here where people are sharing very vunerable and intimate part of their lives for all to see. Some people can and will take advantage of that vulnerability to be nasty, scam, deceive and lie, just probably not for the "pro death" reasons Tantracrule thinks, they all seem to be messed up themselves with a proclivity for manipulation or anger towards women who reject their unwanted advances or insistence on partnering up.

The partners thread for instance, I would not touch with a 10 foot pole, ever. Or any talk of dating. You really have to get to know someone for a long period of time to know they're trustworthy. No one should trust a stranger just because they have them a hug emoji, but there are a lot of desperate and hurting people here who may find themselves susceptible to being taken advantage of by a scammer if they are in a particularily awful place and just want someone to talk to.

This is correct and tbh l think this tantacrul person viewed through the wrong prism but was not inaccurate about a couple of things, one being the above, another being [REDACTED] and their assessment of how [REDACTED] is given undue prominence despite the fact that this is in no way representative of the entire forum, and this is something we should all be aware of when it comes to how this forum is perceived.

RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
I'm actually persuaded by his argument. Brought up a lot of points I didn't realize, such as that one or more of the admins actively harass parents of dead children. The comments section had a lot of the virtue signaling/platitudes you might expect, but Tantacrul seemed genuine. had a lot of respect for him on the outset so i think i was particularly receptive. aight i'm outta this joint lol

You might wanna read my response to this video before you jump to conclusions.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/my-response-to-tantracul-and-his-video.107547/

CowsAgainstCapitali

CowsAgainstCapitali

Dec 11, 2022
I've decided that if I were somehow forced to become either Tantacrul or Tom Macdonald, I would become Tom Macdonald.

C

cowmeow

Jan 14, 2023
Already counted over 30 comments on that video where people have told members of this forum to "do it already" get the bus, and threatened violence against them for simply being here.

Or claimed that one isn't really suicidal if they have been this way for a long time, and that being here must incite sexual gratification/sick pleasure if you've been here for long periods of time and not ended up going through the act. That's just immoral to pontificate, considering a good chunk of forum members are sexual abuse survivors ourselves.

It is truly sick and disgusting to me that these sorts of people (The youtube commenters) will get praised as compassionate heroes, when they are literally encouraging the suicide of people they dislike. I've never seen so much maliciousness be openly cheered on and celebrated, but because they are a majority is is accepted for them to be nasty and cruel.
ppl in the comments say "lol the mods tell u to ctb but never do it themselves".
clearly a person that never suffered from depression. I'm sorry, but the fact that i couldn't overcome my SI instantly and ctb means that im a psychopath telling ppl do ctb automatically? This erases all my struggles bc if i was really in a bad place i should have done it?
jesus christ.
i'm not gonna argue about being here is a good thing or a bad thing for your mental health. But what some ppl don't understand, its that i can't talk EVERYTIME i have a suicidal thought. At some point, people DO GET BORED. They dont even believe you anymore. You are suffering mentally and ppl that never went through it think you jst want attention.

the ppl who says for you to reach out to friends are the same one that post on twitter later on that they have toxic friends that keep saying they are going to kill themselves and its being bad for their mental health.

DON'T SPOUT BS SAYING WE CAN TALK TO EVERYONE ABOUT THIS TOPIC. WE FUCKING CAN'T.

loved the part abt how ppl here are all INCELS planning world's suicide mass destruction. Imagine if we had women on this website! owwwww
never saw one!!!
i'm one btw

like why ppl don't do an actual study, like idk, how male mental healthy it's declining, that maybe we have more men on this forum as girls and why is that men are more depressed nowadays?
no, lets call everyone who goes into this site an incel and poor ppl being manipulated!! bc of course you cant have SI if you are suicidal. lets shame them, thats sure gonna help

Last edited:
hungry_ghost

hungry_ghost

جهاد
Feb 21, 2022
I love how he and the commentators have framed the members of the website as basically predatory sharks awaiting new blood in the water.

And the part where he "receives the method in the mail" and goes, "I'm just amazed someone sent this to me with the intention to kill me".

BRO, it's assumed that of your own free will, you went out of your way to seek a method, ask for it, buy it, and agree to the deal.

The person on the other end of that deal's only purpose is to sell you what you ask for, not to be some hero to talk you out of it.

And one of the comments on there said something to the degree of, "I went there in a vulnerable state and attempted suicide using a method I found there. That site is evil".

Okay, so you, presumably a grown ass person, went out of your way to seek a method for suicide, and now you're demonizing the website you chose to go on because you changed your mind later?

This is why people don't take advocates for assisted suicide seriously, or suicidal people seriously in general.

People are all for it when they are in a period of despair, yet when things turn around, suddenly they are pro-life again.

LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
I love how he and the commentators have framed the members of the website as basically predatory sharks awaiting new blood in the water.

And the part where he "receives the method in the mail" and goes, "I'm just amazed someone sent this to me with the intention to kill me".

BRO, it's assumed that of your own free will, you went out of your way to seek a method, ask for it, buy it, and agree to the deal.

The person on the other end of that deal's only purpose is to sell you what you ask for, not to be some hero to talk you out of it.

And one of the comments on there said something to the degree of, "I went there in a vulnerable state and attempted suicide using a method I found there. That site is evil".

Okay, so you, presumably a grown ass person, went out of your way to seek a method for suicide, and now you're demonizing the website you chose to go on because you changed your mind later?

This is why people don't take advocates for assisted suicide seriously, or suicidal people seriously in general.

People are all for it when they are in a period of despair, yet when things turn around, suddenly they are pro-life again.
All these types of people are very much of the "rules for thee but not for me" nature.

They get in, get their taste, grab their piece of the pie..do so every day until they suddenly decide to insult their host or simply develop a change of favor…instead of just walking away, they proceed to take a giant shit on every tray of baked goods within a 50 km radius, just so nobody else is ever afforded the same opportunity they were.
It's not just selfish, it's exhaustively so.
(Like someone who pushes to get an abortion for themselves but as soon as theirs is complete, they opt to fight for banning the practice.)

Inferno

Inferno

Jan 9, 2023
I fucking hate shitty YouTube video essays by self righteous pretentious cunts who think they have moral authority over others. Fuck off, go back to your own corner of the internet and stop trying to harass us just for doing our own thing.

J

jamie_

Specialist
May 21, 2022
My only successful coping mechanism is to completely dissociate from my existence and avoid anything that remotely assembles being alive, so I haven't watched the video in fear it will worsen my current state by challenging to perceive myself as an actor in an environment. However, I have been able to read these responses and get a gist about what it entails.

I read his previous thread back when he posted it and I didn't particularly like it but wholly understandable through a natural trauma stricken response to the tragedy he had to deal with. I think many of us – at least the majority that weren't born with inherent nihilism – may have very well followed his thought path in our pre-suicidality days if we had encountered this site in the way he had (i.e. having been alarmed about the safety of a minor and then eventually learning about their most tragic of deaths). I especially thought his replies to his OP were quite baiting and insensitive at times but I don't really hate him for it. I wouldn't have wished to go near this place and I am quite embarrassed about where I am now when I think about who I once was.

I think – through reading about it on here – he makes correct albeit obvious points. I don't think anyone should have pride for this place moreover I am highly critical of it. It provides a strange relief in the most age-old phenomena that is 'misery loves company', but we are so desperate to not want to hate ourselves further for engaging on such a dark place that we lose sight of its own issues and dangers. Though this site isn't a consensus of evil, death encouraging individuals (which users rightfully respond negatively to accusations of) it is nor the perfect, moralistic sanctuary of pain escapism and can in fact further cause suffering – as the internet can sometimes do, and this corner of it is obviously has an increased likelihood of it which we should be more honest, acknowledging, and wary about:

Agree like others have said that this above is the correct and honest take on this site. I think I've said it before but how on earth that partners thread is still around after that horrible incident in Scotland (I think?) is astonishing really. Any dealing with people off this site should be actively discouraged. It won't take you long to find a user openly say they are an M looking for a F to partner with, never mind those who hide it. People are vulnerable on here, varying levels of neurodivergent, and don't have an amazing grasp of other people. It's a surefire way to increase the probability someone is prayed upon.

Last edited:
A

Arnar

Mar 2, 2020
I like how he's so sanctimoniously self-assured about our supposed monstrous website, acting like the platforms he's on with their social engineering and addictive dopamine overloads haven't decimated the future of our species. 🙄 "Online harm & Criminal behavior" That should be on a big plaque next to Palo Alto's town sign.

He's a typical hipster influencer who looks like he belongs behind a starbucks barista counter and not behind a camera. I bet his little video will be full of douchey self-assured takes and pro-life sanctity. His content is all music drab but thinks he can get viral with us. You ain't Barbara Walters, mr. mop-n-glo!
damn lmao brutal.

C

cowmeow

Jan 14, 2023
I think – through reading about it on here – he makes correct albeit obvious points. I don't think anyone should have pride for this place moreover I am highly critical of it. It provides a strange relief in the most age-old phenomena that is 'misery loves company', but we are so desperate to not want to hate ourselves further for engaging on such a dark place that we lose sight of its own issues and dangers. Though this site isn't a consensus of evil, death encouraging individuals (which users rightfully respond negatively to accusations of) it is nor the perfect, moralistic sanctuary of pain escapism and can in fact further cause suffering – as the internet can sometimes do, and this corner of it is obviously has an increased likelihood of it which we should be more honest, acknowledging, and wary about:

Agree like others have said that this above is the correct and honest take on this site. I think I've said it before but how on earth that partners thread is still around after that horrible incident in Scotland (I think?) is astonishing really. Any dealing with people off this site should be actively discouraged. It won't take you long to find a user openly say they are an M looking for a F to partner with, never mind those who hide it. People are vulnerable on here, varying levels of neurodivergent, and don't have an amazing grasp of other people. It's a surefire way to increase the probability someone is prayed upon.

I only here for the discussion threads, so as i new member, i can defend the site as i don't know it's history lol. Only what i heard of. But, well...
First off, the INCEL thing. Firstly i was surprised and a bit disappointed that it was created by INCELS, but it's not administered ONLY by the creators (as idk if they still are around here), also for admins, sometimes even female ones, so it's complicated to use that as a argument. Feminism started as a racist, lesbian exclusionare movement, that doesn't mean feminism it's inherently bad. Same thing with conservatives. Their party defended pretty fucked things before, but it doesn't mean that nodaways it's 100% bad (i'm a leftist myself). Also Roe V. Wade, that started off with a lie but granted women the right to abortion.

Sometimes things start off wrong, it doesn't mean it's going to be this way.

But here are my thoughts. I completely agree when you say "misery looks for misery" and how it's easy to all of this become a huge snowball, like tumblr proana/self harm in 2013 and before, also, discord communities today. It's not a lie, we can and should criticize that.
Having people with the same mentality as you around suicide may reforce the idea that suicide it's the only option.

But like everything in life, things are not so black and white. Things are mostly grey, like this site. I'm sure for some people, just reading about people that agree with them in some level and ADMIT some truths that are completely denied in this whole 'mental health matters society' helped a little. I'm extremely tired to have to debate and bring to non-suicidal people the reality of living with suicidal thoughts and this nihilistic approach of life, and while i comprehend why some of them wants to ''save'' us, i don't agree with the idea that everyone wants to be saved, or even can.

People access this website knowing the consequences. Banning it's not going to change the fact that depressed people will keep looking for other depressed people to vent.

Maybe i'm being naive and the best thing was shutting down. I wouldn't know. But i do understand why people don't want to lose this 'safe place.'

U

Unending

-
Nov 5, 2022
This is honestly a huge problem.
People would much rather just forget about how horrible it all was and lose all empathy for their former-selves and others who genuinely are suffering and want to die just so that they can escape back to a more positive outlook on life.