Nature_is_God

Nature_is_God

The cause of suffering is the desire to exist
Jul 27, 2020
I've been listening to this guy Martin Butler for a while now and he has a philosophy called the "Negative Philosophy". The Negative Philosophy is meant to deconstruct behavioral and emotional programming through the means of understanding yourself through a nihilistic/pessimistic lense (using the work of Baruch Spinoza, Arthur Schopenhauer, etc.) The end goal of all of this is to lessen your misery/suffering. I find this interesting and if you do too, you should check out the video below on "Inner Liberation":

Reactions: nurplexkid, GravityUtilizer, kinzokukae and 1 other person
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
I've been listening to this guy Martin Butler for a while now and he has a philosophy called the "Negative Philosophy". The Negative Philosophy is meant to deconstruct behavioral and emotional programming through the means of understanding yourself through a nihilistic/pessimistic lense (using the work of Baruch Spinoza, Arthur Schopenhauer, etc.) The end goal of all of this is to lessen your misery/suffering. I find this interesting and if you do too, you should check out the video below on "Inner Liberation":

Watching the videos and reading the free ebooks on his website. Seems pretty interesting,eye opening.

Reactions: GravityUtilizer, Nature_is_God and kinzokukae
Nature_is_God

Nature_is_God

The cause of suffering is the desire to exist
Jul 27, 2020
Watching the videos and reading the free ebooks on his website. Seems pretty interesting,eye opening.

It really is. I really want to dive into the works he keep on mentioning (Spinoza and Schopenhauer). His material is like self-help but without the relentless optimism.

Reactions: GravityUtilizer and pthnrdnojvsc