• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

C

ConstantPain

Sorry but cats are so much better than people
Jun 9, 2022
I like cats are so much better than people
She was a feral baby born in my yard. Full of ants and nothing but skin & bones, I didn't know if she'd make it but here she is, a happy, healthy 2 year old

Attachments

• 1629992802432~2.jpg
    1629992802432~2.jpg
    637.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Red

Red

Warlock
Apr 10, 2019

She was a feral baby born in my yard. Full of ants and nothing but skin & bones, I didn't know if she'd make it but here she is, a happy, healthy 2 year old
She looks just like my fluffy boy!! :love:

My floof was a lone, tiny, feral kitten at around 6 weeks old (we think his momma n sibling might have died but not sure) and just wandered into a nearby home with a cat flap; luckily it was the home of a lovely RSPCA lady and although she couldn't afford to keep him in addition to her own cat, she looked after him until I came in one day specifically looking for a black cat to keep our Prince Ozzy company.

She said, "I just happen to know the perfect cat for you…"

7C7F28D3 B905 4FA5 8A33 9EB3EB980C3A

He was in the shelter for all of a couple of hours; she brought him in to work the next day and we arrived late morning to pick him up. I saw him in his pen, went to the glass and said, "You! You're my boy." He turned upside down, looked at me with those big, shiny, round eyes, touched his paw to where my fingers were on the glass and stole my heart forever :heart:

He was already named Harley by the RSPCA lady and once we heard his loud purr (sounds like a nearby engine idling), we knew he had to keep it!

He came at my worst point of my illness; I was bed bound, up all night alone most nights and wracked with constant pain and discomfort. He slept on my chest and used to gently paw my face to check I was still breathing from time to time, his almost deafening purr seemingly set to "maximum healing resonance" at all times. He followed close to my heels wherever I went and I gradually integrated myself back into the household I had long withdrawn from, lured in by the lil sociable fluffy monster as he appreciated every little thing we gave him.

My little motorbike cat healed me as much as he could, n still continues to try every day :heart:

C

ConstantPain

Jun 9, 2022

My floof was a lone, tiny, feral kitten at around 6 weeks old (we think his momma n sibling might have died but not sure) and just wandered into a nearby home with a cat flap; luckily it was the home of a lovely RSPCA lady and although she couldn't afford to keep him in addition to her own cat, she looked after him until I came in one day specifically looking for a black cat to keep our Prince Ozzy company.

View attachment 93848

He was in the shelter for all of a couple of hours; she brought him in to work the next day and we arrived late morning to pick him up. I saw him in his pen, went to the glass and said, "You! You're my boy." He turned upside down, looked at me with those big, shiny, round eyes, touched his paw to where my fingers were on the glass and stole my heart forever :heart:

He was already named Harley by the RSPCA lady and once we heard his loud purr (sounds like a nearby engine idling), we knew he had to keep it!

He came at my worst point of my illness; I was bed bound, up all night alone most nights and wracked with constant pain and discomfort. He slept on my chest and used to gently paw my face to check I was still breathing from time to time, his almost deafening purr seemingly set to "maximum healing resonance" at all times. He followed close to my heels wherever I went and I gradually integrated myself back into the household I had long withdrawn from, lured in by the lil sociable fluffy monster as he appreciated every little thing we gave him.

My little motorbike cat healed me as much as he could, n still continues to try every day :heart:

View attachment 93848

View attachment 93848

OMG, he's adorable!!! ❤️
Nothing is as calming or heartwarming as a kitty purring! My girls, and before them boys, have saved me so many times. I'm not religious but can't deny nature and I do believe that they find us. I'm so glad Harley found you! 😍😻
Can't leave out my 10 year old who was adopted from a Maine Coon Rescue program

Attachments

• IMG_20201225_082840535~2.jpg
    IMG_20201225_082840535~2.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Red

Red

Warlock
Apr 10, 2019
OMG, he's adorable!!! ❤️
Nothing is as calming or heartwarming as a kitty purring! My girls, and before them boys, have saved me so many times. I'm not religious but can't deny nature and I do believe that they find us. I'm so glad Harley found you! 😍😻
Can't leave out my 10 year old who was adopted from a Maine Coon Rescue program
Ultimate fluff! :heart: :love: :heart:

color_me_gone

color_me_gone

Sun is rising
Dec 27, 2018
It is a proven fact that cat purring reduces tension, stress, heart rate, blood pressure among other beneficial effects.
Purring, along with a kitty's love, can really cheer us up when we are low.

C

ConstantPain

Jun 9, 2022
Since there aren't a lot of people posting, I'll add some more pictures. Let me know if you want me to stop, my feelings won't be hurt.
These are the sisters from my earlier posts.

Attachments

• IMG_20200525_162339712.jpg
    IMG_20200525_162339712.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
C

ConstantPain

Jun 9, 2022
Their baby pictures melt me.
My kitties are definitely my favorite part of life
This picture of my 10 yr. old was taken today. Thanks for the encouragement, catloaf!

Attachments

• IMG_20200530_163342729.jpg
    IMG_20200530_163342729.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20200620_180745419.jpg
    IMG_20200620_180745419.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20220612_135634284~3.jpg
    IMG_20220612_135634284~3.jpg
Last edited:
C

ConstantPain

Jun 9, 2022
This is a feral cat that decided he wants to live in my backyard. Initially, I couldn't get anywhere near him before he'd run into the woods. After a year of feeding and talking to him, it's obvious he's pretty relaxed now, lol.
This boy lived 21 years, from 2000-2021! I miss him but know he lived a great life 😻

Attachments

• VID_20220415_161924829_exported_4099.jpg
    VID_20220415_161924829_exported_4099.jpg
    597.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20210326_001343868~2.jpg
    IMG_20210326_001343868~2.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
C

ConstantPain

Jun 9, 2022
View attachment 94041
Enough spare floof after brushing for a whole 'nother cat! (Had to pull it away quick as he was gonna EAT it :pfff: )
Mine do the same thing! I've never understood that, lol. I never would have thought I would have taken a cat to get a lion cut, but it became necessary for this fur ball and she has been loving it!

Attachments

• IMG_20220408_162622475~2.jpg
    IMG_20220408_162622475~2.jpg
RedHarlequin

RedHarlequin

Mage
Jul 8, 2018
Mine do the same thing! I've never understood that, lol. I never would have thought I would have taken a cat to get a lion cut, but it became necessary for this fur ball and she has been loving it!
Perfect, maybe next time you can make the tail fluff to stay only at the tip of tail, not that it matters for the well-being of the cat, but the effect would be super impressive!

Reactions: color_me_gone
C

ConstantPain

Jun 9, 2022
After a year and 2 months, this sweet, formerly feral boy has become the best part of my day. It seems like a miracle when remembering how scared he used to be. The first milestone I remember was when he started to eat without constantly looking back up and around to make sure he was safe. He gradually let me get closer and for several months, would growl at me. My response was always "I know buddy, you have to be tough out here but I promise I will never hurt you". We then got to the point where I could sit fairly close to him while he ate. He became my therapist of sorts because I'd talk to him, rationalizing that the socialization was good for him, lol. About 2 months ago he started rubbing up against me, then let me touch his tail, then more and more so I can now rub his head and behind his ears. He purrs and loves it! He's really the sweetest thing 😍
I love all my cats but there is a special bond with him. Plus my other 3 are girls so I think before my 21 year old male cat died last year, he told this one to stick around because I'd need a boy and he'd get lots of treats.
I guess I wrote all of this because I'm hoping that someone else can see that when we invest time and love, it can be the most rewarding thing. Vice versa, even if you're scared or antisocial, letting yourself trust someone/something can be a wonderful experience. It might take a long time but it's possible. I think what I say everytime I leave him is applicable to anyone, really... "I love you, stay safe and I'll see you later. Try to stay out of fights, stay out of the road, away from mean people, and know that you're welcome here all of the time".
This little derp, Yuki, loves nothing more than attention and quiet time. Well, maybe her treats.View attachment 94168View attachment 94169View attachment 94170
Mine looks like they could be siblings! And mine is a treat fiend!
All grown up

Attachments

• IMG_20220619_104447346~2.jpg
    IMG_20220619_104447346~2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20200607_225307746.jpg
    IMG_20200607_225307746.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20200527_230238399.jpg
    IMG_20200527_230238399.jpg
  • IMG_20210720_123043233~2.jpg
    IMG_20210720_123043233~2.jpg
    967.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
thetourist

thetourist

Free in the knowledge one day this will end.
Jun 18, 2022
Mine looks like they could be siblings! And mine is a treat fiend!
All grown up

Oh, definitely! Yuki has the squeakiest little meow, so I always know when she thinks she's owed treats because it sounds like a rusty-hinged door is opening and closing over and over.

I've decided she was a great French thinker in another life.

Catte

C

ConstantPain

Jun 9, 2022
Oh, definitely! Yuki has the squeakiest little meow, so I always know when she thinks she's owed treats because it sounds like a rusty-hinged door is opening and closing over and over.

I've decided she was a great French thinker in another life.

View attachment 94181
Love this!!! Outstanding picture 😂♥️

Reactions: color_me_gone