Oblivion
Jan 10, 2024
I hate myself
Wasmna be raped cayse isetsetv3 it for beibg syc a terrible person
I waanna jill myself!!!!!!!@@@@@@
I dont deserve tolobe! I do t dserve to live
I hope you'll be okay fren đź«‚ I really appreciate yours and everyone else's contributions as well! I wish people had more empathy towards others..

• Love
Reactions: WretchedDreams
M

Majestatea Masiva

Feb 4, 2023
"you remind me of myself before I got help" -- like bruh, I hear this one all the time without them even knowing Im suicidal. seems to be the #1 thing to say to someone in my region

Reactions: WretchedDreams and Imprisoned
amaluuk

amaluuk

Jan 11, 2024
"You're taking the easy way out!"
It's a bit more fucking difficult than it looks, Brenda.

"You're taking a permanent solution to a temporary problem!"
Mental illness is a lifelong affliction.

"What about the people who love you?"
What about them? For one, if they cared about me they would understand, maybe not agree with -- let alone want, but they would at least understand. And secondly, it's still just as cruel to watch your loved ones shrivel into shells of themselves because you can't bring yourself to accept that playtime's over.

"It'll get better!"
Sure been a fucking while of waiting for it to GET better. Think it would have happened by now.

"Why don't you just read [x philosopher] and understand your place in the universe, brah?"
Not all of us view suicide as an aesthetic to try on while we shop for an identity in life. This is probably the biggest outer that someone is a tool.

All of these have the underlying pattern of total refusal to consider that suicide might be a valid and reasonable option for some. You cannot be considering suicide for a reason, you just must be misguided or not thinking of all the variables. Total wash in either case though.

"the world is better with you in it"
"things are gonna get better"
"God has plans for your life"
Note how all of these involve removing you from control of your own life. You don't get to take charge of your own fate, you just have to wait for what the big man up top tells you to do.

"you remind me of myself before I got help" -- like bruh, I hear this one all the time without them even knowing Im suicidal. seems to be the #1 thing to say to someone in my region
Sounds like a cult member to me. Never heard this one but would irritate me if it did.

• Love
Reactions: WretchedDreams, Imprisoned and bloodystarzklt
certified_idiot

certified_idiot

No Longer Human
Dec 5, 2023
One I constantly get on mental health platforms is something along the lines of, "It's normal to feel down in the dumps sometimes," or "Just do something you love/remind yourself that people care." Like, dude, I have depression, c-PTSD, and chronic pain, I'm not just "down in the dumps," doing things I love just makes me sad bc of anhedonia, and I barely interact with anyone, they don't care that much. Some people use any excuse to be anti-suicide.

• Love
Reactions: WretchedDreams, Imprisoned and amaluuk
amaluuk

amaluuk

Jan 11, 2024
One I constantly get on mental health platforms is something along the lines of, "It's normal to feel down in the dumps sometimes," or "Just do something you love/remind yourself that people care." Like, dude, I have depression, c-PTSD, and chronic pain, I'm not just "down in the dumps," doing things I love just makes me sad bc of anhedonia, and I barely interact with anyone, they don't care that much. Some people use any excuse to be anti-suicide.
I hate to be the kind of guy that power levels trauma and the-right-to-be-sad but it's stuff like this that makes you wonder whether some people ever actually struggle. It almost makes me understand the pro-life position if one just has no frame of reference at all for what actual mental suffering looks like. An empty bliss, total ignorance.

Reactions: WretchedDreams, Imprisoned and certified_idiot
bloodystarzklt

bloodystarzklt

may you never forget me.
Jan 10, 2024
Note how all of these involve removing you from control of your own life. You don't get to take charge of your own fate, you just have to wait for what the big man up top tells you to do.
i fully agree with you. They're just selfish ppl trying to tell us what to do or don't when they don't even know what we've been through. It makes me sad.

Last edited:
Reactions: WretchedDreams, Imprisoned and amaluuk