• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

BaconCheeseburger

BaconCheeseburger

Comfort-eating
Aug 4, 2018
I don't know if this is worth much, but my favourite comedian has just announced he's doing a gig in my city in October next year. And I'm gonna buy tickets for it... Which goes against my need to CTB ideally by spring next year. Maybe I'll still be around for it? I don't know

BaconCheeseburger

BaconCheeseburger

Comfort-eating
Aug 4, 2018
It kind of weirds me out that I might be planning that far ahead. It goes against everything in my mind. But I don't trust myself to actually go through with CTB as much as I want to :(

T

TiredHorse

Enlightened
Nov 1, 2018
@BaconCheeseburger, I think that's great. Ctb is a big step, and not one you can step back from. I'm sure as hell not going to talk anyone out of it, but at the same time, I'd recommend you not rush it. Taking the time to think about it as you actually look forward to something sounds like a really wonderfully mad way to "walk the tightrope."

It kind of weirds me out that I might be planning that far ahead. It goes against everything in my mind.

I so know what you mean! Ideally, I'll ctb Monday. And yet I'm working with my family to set up for projects next spring. Even crazier, I splurged and bought an iPod, due to arrive Monday --the snazziest toy I've ever bought myself, cash down-- and I find myself actually wondering if I want to hold off ctb to see what the silly thing is like. I did use the free laser engraving to put on it the epitaph I've always wanted, though...

Really!? An iPod!?

I don't actually know what I'll do. I want to ctb. I don't want to ctb.

S

Schopenhauer

Enlightened
Oct 3, 2018
It's good to have long-term plans. You don't even have to abandon your ctb plans. If you die, you die, there's no penalty. But if you have second thoughts and decide to live longer, than you've just made your future self a bit better off. Cheers!

Y

Young.Werther

Student
Apr 11, 2023
I don't know if this is worth much, but my favourite comedian has just announced he's doing a gig in my city in October next year. And I'm gonna buy tickets for it... Which goes against my need to CTB ideally by spring next year. Maybe I'll still be around for it? I don't know
Snooping around in old threads — if you're still around, how was the show? Was it worth sticking around (for the show and more generally)?

Reactions: MortalityScares