4 years recovered. SS Vetran
Aug 21, 2018
What is your political leaning?

(forgot to post this in off-topic)

gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018
Far left. Faaar left, as in, I've gone further left than the Dems, the Libertarians, and the Green Party.

I think I may be a Sandinista; I keep meaning to check their website.

Fair warning: This post is probably going to turn into a flame war in short order. Recently I asked people what their trusted news sources were, and in no time the thread had devolved into an absolutely nauseating shitshow of fringe-right conspiracy theory, proud Trump voters, and recommendations for "news" websites that were nothing more than undisguised outlets for supporting racism, misogyny, and xenophobia.

I was disturbed enough after looking at one of the recommendations for what at least one person considered a legitimate news source, that I asked a mod to take the entire thread down.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: everydayiloveyou, AnniesHideaway, Sensei and 11 others
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
An unusual mixture that doesn't fit anywhere, only one who shared it was my ex-partner.

Reactions: Let'sgetoutofHERE and gingerplum
O

ots

Sep 9, 2019
Somewhere between communism and centre. Free market has some nice perks, but it's not the answer to everything. Things seem to work best in countries where there are nice social security nets in play.

• Love
Reactions: everydayiloveyou, Thatsthelot, Brink and 5 others
SlackJim

SlackJim

Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost
Sep 30, 2019
Not really answering your question, but I think people would be best in communities of 50-100 people, governing themselves, live and let live. (which is happening in some parts of the world just not on a big scale)

Reactions: everydayiloveyou, pushka, LifeSick and 1 other person
frees

frees

swoosh
Sep 6, 2019
Now that i am old and wise - tankie.

• Hmph!
Reactions: iDieUDie80
Lethe

Lethe

Fey
Sep 19, 2019
Politics are dumb.

• Wow
Reactions: Throwawaysoul, ayanonikki, Numbtopain97 and 6 others
gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018
Ya'll use lots of fancy words I reckon. Must be a Democrat, by my cac'lations.
And you consider yourself "a superior human being... and the smartest person in the room 90% of the time."

You claim to "run mental laps around people," those people being so very "vapid and uninteresting."

It's fascinating that with all of that dazzling intellectual prowess, all you can manage to cobble together is "politics are dumb," and a feeble interpretation of that pathetically hackneyed standby, Cleatus the slack-jawed yokel.

Because naturally, anyone who doesn't support your erudite and superior way of thinking must be an inbred hill person, right? What a original concept, and what a rib-tickling bon mot. Just precious, really.

• Love
Reactions: MeltingHeart, Wreck-it-Riley, Itsalmosttime and 4 others
Stan

Stan

Factoid Hunter
Aug 29, 2019
I want to go back to the glory days of the British Empire, then you would have no need to talk about politics, you're welcome for saving you 5 minutes of conversation time on the topic. WHO IS BEHIND ME? (Stan goes to his closet to get his Red Coat out)

Reactions: justwhy?, Blackjack and gingerplum
gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018
I want to go back to the glory days of the British Empire, then you would have no need to talk about politics, you're welcome for saving you 5 minutes of conversation time on the topic. WHO IS BEHIND ME? (Stan goes to his closet to get his Red Coat out)
DROOL, BRITTANIA!!

*alerts local militia to load muskets and raise threat level color to glen plaid*

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Boochky, Blackjack and Stan
Stan

Stan

Factoid Hunter
Aug 29, 2019
Sorry - can you chaps and chappesses wait for 15 minutes? It's tea time.

• Love
Reactions: Brink, gingerplum and woxihuanni
Lethe

Lethe

Fey
Sep 19, 2019
And you consider yourself "a superior human being... and the smartest person in the room 90% of the time."

You claim to "run mental laps around people," those people being so very "vapid and uninteresting."

It's fascinating that with all of that dazzling intellectual prowess, all you can manage to cobble together is "politics are dumb," and a feeble interpretation of that pathetically hackneyed standby, Cleatus the slack-jawed yokel.

Because naturally, anyone who doesn't support your erudite and superior way of thinking must be an inbred hill person, right? What a original concept, and what a rib-tickling bon mot. Just precious, really.

You're funny.

Blackjack

Blackjack

I’ll be watching...
Aug 6, 2019
Far left. Faaar left, as in, I've gone further left than the Dems, the Libertarians, and the Green Party.

I think I may be a Sandinista; I keep meaning to check their website.

Fair warning: This post is probably going to turn into a flame war in short order. Recently I asked people what their trusted news sources were, and in no time the thread had devolved into an absolutely nauseating shitshow of fringe-right conspiracy theory, proud Trump voters, and recommendations for "news" websites that were nothing more than undisguised outlets for supporting racism, misogyny, and xenophobia.

I was disturbed enough after looking at one of the recommendations for what at least one person considered a legitimate news source, that I asked a mod to take the entire thread down.
Just when I think it's not possible to love you any more...
DROOL, BRITTANIA!!

*alerts local militia to load muskets and raise threat level color to glen plaid*
Youse twose together is nothing short of epic. Carry on, indefinitely.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: LittleJem, Boochky, clownangel and 3 others
N

NgaiOiTai

Apr 30, 2019
I'm a bit unclear on what political leaning Final Escape has. If you're reading, could you let us know? :hug:

Reactions: LittleJem
gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018
I'm a bit unclear on what political leaning Final Escape has. If you're reading, could you let us know? :hug:
Sweet mother of illiberal paranoid anarcho-fascism, now you've done it.

Reactions: Divine Trinity
Stan

Stan

Factoid Hunter
Aug 29, 2019
Can we mix some conversations just to really stir things up? Going to do religion and politics I Believe there is one God, and his name is Donald Trump!

(Stan stands back and awaits the shit show)

Popcorn

• Hugs
Reactions: Numbtopain97, LittleJem, Boochky and 1 other person
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
Can we mix some conversations just to really stir things up? Going to do religion and politics I Believe there is one God, and his name is Donald Trump!

View attachment 17356

Yup, now everything in the universe makes perfect sense.

• Hugs
Reactions: LittleJem, Boochky, gingerplum and 1 other person
gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018

View attachment 17356
*head explodes into fountain of rage blood*

• Hugs
Reactions: Boochky
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
You are not supposed to agree with me woxi! Say something aggressive

Fuck, you put a hard task on me when you've accidentally stumbled upon the perfect explanation. It's epiphany, that's what it is.

Reactions: Stan and gingerplum
Stan

Stan

Factoid Hunter
Aug 29, 2019
Fuck, you put a hard task on me when you've accidentally stumbled upon the perfect explanation. It's epiphany, that's what it is.
I told you I was right all the time, but nobody listens *sigh*

• Love
Reactions: LittleJem, Boochky, gingerplum and 1 other person
Blackjack

Blackjack

I’ll be watching...
Aug 6, 2019
Nobody believes he's God more than the Pussy-Grabber-in-Chief himself.

• Aww..
Reactions: LittleJem, Boochky, Neville1 and 1 other person
Stan

Stan

Factoid Hunter
Aug 29, 2019
Coud be worse. Our last two prime ministers were never voted in

Reactions: Deleted member 19654, LittleJem and gingerplum