• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

thirdrailer

thirdrailer

Oct 24, 2020
I find when I'm physically fatigued, either due illness or lack of sleep, I end up really depressed and spend days in bed well past when I'm no longer physically tired. And then my sleep schedule gets super messed up and then everything spirals.

Does anybody have any advice? I know I need better sleep, but racing thoughts keep me from going to bed for falling asleep.

Thank you all.

J

Juli

Jan 27, 2024
This happens to me too! It's something I've been dealing with for a while now.

Think back to the last time you were unwell or experienced a lack of sleep. Were there any changes in your life? This may help you pinpoint any areas of concern that may be leading to the start of this cycle.

Also, do you think that you may be neglecting your routine when you're experiencing tiredness? Which, in turn, may be triggering the increase in depressive symptoms?

For me, once the tiredness has passed, I find it helpful to set my bed as a "sleeping only" zone. This means I can only lay in bed when I'm intending on sleeping.

If you're frequently staying in bed beyond that, your brain may be associating it with those negative feelings.

M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
Probably try to find out what causes the racing thoughts. I personally know that, it's very strength-draining.

thirdrailer

thirdrailer

Oct 24, 2020
Thank you all for your replies. I think some of your suggestions are things I'm already aware I need to change but seeing it in another person's words is helpful. And some of the suggestions are new to me.

@Juli , I love your avatar. It's entrancing.

• Love
Reactions: Juli and Meteora
J

Juli

Jan 27, 2024
Thank you all for your replies. I think some of your suggestions are things I'm already aware I need to change but seeing it in another person's words is helpful. And some of the suggestions are new to me.

@Juli , I love your avatar. It's entrancing.
Aw, thanks. It's a scene from "The Wall".

• Love
Reactions: thirdrailer