DEATH IS FREEDOM

DEATH IS FREEDOM

Death is the solution to unsolvable problems.
Sep 13, 2023
There are many methods of suicide but we all want to be tormented as little as possible. When someone wants to die, one take what is available. Pharmacists and nursing staff have access to medicines in their work. Many medications make the death process easier. According to researchers in the United States, pharmacists have higher risk of suicide than the general population. The most common means of suicide among pharmacists: 49.8 percent of cases involving firearms, 29.4 percent involving poisoning via benzodiazepines, antidepressants and opiods and 13 percent involving suffocation.

Pharmacists at higher risk of suicide than general population

Pharmacists and suicide

• Informative
Reactions: Action, Forever Sleep, Weltall and 2 others
Mistiie

Mistiie

This is a Junly moment
Nov 10, 2023
Interesting, I wonder if pharmacists get into the profession depressed and work their way towards getting medicines just to do it or if it's the impulsiveness of some suicidal people that spontaneously develop it and happen to be chemists that makes them go CTB without too much thought??

Reactions: WeDontKnowTheFuture, sserafim and hermestrimegistus
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I can see why facing a lifetime of filling pill bottles and putting labels on them five days a week would be very depressing.

I knew a girl studying to be a pharmacist and she seemed to be excited to have access to a lot of drugs.

Reactions: sserafim
Weltall

Weltall

Consider Your Choices Before You Act
Nov 9, 2023
There are many methods of suicide but we all want to be tormented as little as possible. When someone wants to die, one take what is available. Pharmacists and nursing staff have access to medicines in their work. Many medications make the death process easier. According to researchers in the United States, pharmacists have higher risk of suicide than the general population. The most common means of suicide among pharmacists: 49.8 percent of cases involving firearms, 29.4 percent involving poisoning via benzodiazepines, antidepressants and opiods and 13 percent involving suffocation.

Pharmacists at higher risk of suicide than general population

View attachment 122921
It's interesting that the rates are higher for firearms for pharmacists, which they said lines up statistically with the general population.
I would have imagined higher rates via poisoning due to their ability of immediate access to controlled substance schedules.
Thank you for the awareness and article.

Reactions: Homo erectus, lifeisbutadream and sserafim
BornHated

BornHated

God may judge, but his sins outnumber your own.
Nov 19, 2022
It's interesting that the rates are higher for firearms for pharmacists, which they said lines up statistically with the general population.
I would have imagined higher rates via poisoning due to their ability of immediate access to controlled substance schedules.
Thank you for the awareness and article.
I guess they might prefer the immediacy of it. Poisoning takes some time and runs the risk of being found and interrupted. Gunshot is much faster and on average seems to run less pain- The brain doesn't have nociceptors (pain receptors).

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, sserafim and Weltall
Weltall

Weltall

Nov 9, 2023
I guess they might prefer the immediacy of it. Poisoning takes some time and runs the risk of being found and interrupted. Gunshot is much faster and on average seems to run less pain- The brain doesn't have nociceptors (pain receptors).
True. These are people with high-level education. While I'm sure there was impulsiveness, they still probably had careful deliberation into the success rate of other methods.

• Love
Reactions: Action, sserafim and BornHated
penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me 💙
Nov 1, 2023
Do you mean benzo/opioid/SSRI mix? Bc why would a pharmacist OD on SSRI when it's painful and Benzo when it has high LD50?

Weltall

Weltall

Nov 9, 2023
Do you mean benzo/opioid/SSRI mix? Bc why would a pharmacist OD on SSRI when it's painful and Benzo when it has high LD50?

The use of firearms was similar between pharmacists and the general population, but poisoning via benzodiazepines, antidepressants and opioids was more frequent among pharmacists.

They pulled that information from the article. That could be a journalistic error.

Y

Yaffle

Life’s a bitch
Nov 9, 2023
I'm not surprised firearms top the list but surprised pharmacists do.

A split second to beat their SI, no doubt with a little medicinal help, and no backing out.

Meanwhile, in Britain and other countries with tightly regulated firearms laws, the exit bag is the best we can hope for.

I long for an "off switch" method, over in an instant.

Reactions: Meditation guide and Homo erectus
L

lifeisbutadream

Warlock
Oct 4, 2018
The high firearm and suffocation percentage is surprising for people who are experts in drugs and also have access to them. I suppose the percentages would have been very different when pharmacists had access to N, and i suppose this also shows that there's no good pharmacological substitute for N that we don't know about. I'd be interested in knowing exactly what the 29.4% who used benzos, antidepressants, and opioids did, how they used them. Doctors have a very high suicide rate. What are their percentages?

Last edited:
Reactions: Homo erectus and Yaffle
Y

Yaffle

Life’s a bitch
Nov 9, 2023
The high firearm and suffocation percentage is surprising for people who are experts in drugs and also have access to them. I suppose the percentages would have been very different when pharmacists had access to N, and i suppose this also shows that there's no good pharmacological substitute for N that we don't know about. I'd be interested in knowing exactly what the 29.4% who used benzos, antidepressants, and opioids did, how they used them. Doctors have a very high suicide rate. What are their percentages?
Exactly this, I bet it was a high N percentage when available

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Those who have access to lethal drugs/medications are fortunate. I envy those who are gone as now they are eternally free from all future suffering.

Reactions: Meditation guide
Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
Does it mean that the availability of extra methods does not increase suicide numbers? They don't choose the methods readily available to them.