• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Gurbangulite

Gurbangulite

This is my truest self
Jul 10, 2023
Hi SS. If this thread topic breaks any rules feel free to take it down. I've heard that peyote (the cactus) has been connected with a reduction in suicidal thoughts. Though studies can't be made on the subject because it's considered a sched-1 drug. I'll be honest, I'm at a point where I'm more than likely to kill myself but I was thinking I should try to find some of this plant online and go on a little "Vision Quest" a la Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. I'm not really a drug user. I've given up weed and alcohol for about half a year now in any attempt to make my depression better and I wasn't a particularly heavy user anyway. I'll take a stupid drug conviction if it means no one has to scrape my brain matter off of a wall.
I can't find any yet, though this isn't me soliciting for it. I just want your thoughts. Worth the risk?

alonely

alonely

exists by being merely labeled
Jul 1, 2023
Fuck it, if the alternative is CTB then might as well give anything a shot. Go with as much risk reduction as possible by getting as good of a source as possible and do your research obviously, so you're getting what you asked for and try to reduce the likelihood of getting caught and take it in a safe environment as possible - if it does work you dont want to deal with poor decisions you made prior to taking it.

Haven't tried peyote myself but psilocybin has worked well for me when I had the chances to take it.

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
When you are not an experienced drug user especially psychedelics I would start slowly, because that can easily go in the wrong direction when you lose control or the trip goes in a bad direction. I personally would give psychedelics a chance, ctb is ofc always an option but should be the very last one. Try it but be careful and it'd be good if you had an experienced person besides you. I hope you find a way to recover!

yellowroses

yellowroses

Ever Seeking
Jun 12, 2023
I haven't tried peyote, but LSD and shrooms literally saved my life. Highly recommend trying some form of psychedelic, just make sure you do your research, set and setting, all that. I can offer some tips if you want, r/LSD is also a great place for advice on psychedelics in general

ApparentlyNot

ApparentlyNot

Send cats.
Jul 8, 2023
You could also look into the San Pedro cactus, which also contains mescaline, the psychedelic in peyote. Peyote is an endangered species of cactus and is very illegal to own in the US (unless you are a member of the Native American Church or something like that), but San Pedro is not.

Having said that, I feel a sense of dread and worry when I see someone looking towards psychedelics as a sort of Hail Mary fix all for depression or suicidal thoughts, because that was me, and it didn't work and that was... sad. To be clear, there are countless people who have had the type of transformative experience that you are looking for, and there is a lot of emerging research regarding macro dosing psychedelics and its positive effects on depression, in a therapeutic setting.

However, I think it's very important to know that psychedelics can often dredge up and amplify what is already in the psyche, and sometimes, it can be very very difficult and, ultimately, detrimental if you are not ready or able to handle it. Psychedelics can have the power to completely dismantle your psychological defense mechanisms in an unnatural, rapid manner, and this is the reason why psychedelics can be both therapeutic and dangerous psychologically.

I personally am terrified to take mushrooms in particular due to a bad trip, which is a shame, as I have mad shrooms lol. I am still fine with LSD, 2CB, and DMT, and I have never tried mescaline.

In general, I feel uneasy at the idea that you might be like me, in a state of hope that psychedelics will "fix" you but this generally isn't going to happen, and if it does, integrating that "knowledge" into real life is very difficult long term. But it is worth a try if your alternative is CTB. I wish you luck.

Last edited:
Gurbangulite

Gurbangulite

This is my truest self
Jul 10, 2023
When you are not an experienced drug user especially psychedelics I would start slowly, because that can easily go in the wrong direction when you lose control or the trip goes in a bad direction. I personally would give psychedelics a chance, ctb is ofc always an option but should be the very last one. Try it but be careful and it'd be good if you had an experienced person besides you. I hope you find a way to recover!
Thank you! I've done mushrooms once and where all of my friends had a "grand realization" of sorts, mine was just how horrible I felt at any given time
I haven't tried peyote, but LSD and shrooms literally saved my life. Highly recommend trying some form of psychedelic, just make sure you do your research, set and setting, all that. I can offer some tips if you want, r/LSD is also a great place for advice on psychedelics in general
Thank you. I know it seems kind of desperate turning to drugs and all. But I'm looking to peyote because I'm looking for a more one and done grand experience that might change my outlook on things

todienomore

todienomore

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2023
Yeah you should probably be able to find san pedro cuttings online. It causes eventual vomiting which can be an important part of the experience, but you can also do a very basic extraction and clean out most of that, search for a 'san pedro acid base tek' i would guess. Hawaiian Baby Woodrose is another one that i recommend, same extraction thing applies. It contains LSA which is uniquely euphoric.

Finally consider microdosing mescsaline, not every day as ive read that might not be good for the heart, but anyway just as a low dose for everyday life.