• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

StateOfMind

StateOfMind

Liberty or Death
Apr 30, 2020
I know it seems a little trivial considering we want to die lol.
But, I have seen some pretty funny posts/comments.
Just thought it would be a nice feature in the time before we go.
Apart from that, science suggests that laughter and games during times of stress have shown to reduce anxiety.

BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

Enlightened
Aug 6, 2020
I was thinking that the 'hug' smiley needs to be changed to something similar to the FB 'care' smiley, because the 'hug' smiley looks more like a happy wave or something. This freaks me out when I see this reaction to a thread about someone wanting to end their life.

E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
I've thought about this too.

But then I thought that it may not be a feature because it could be misused (i.e. some nasty people or trolls could react with laugh emojis to obviously sad or distressing posts).
I don't know, maybe I'm over-thinking it.

StateOfMind

StateOfMind

Liberty or Death
Apr 30, 2020
I was thinking that the 'hug' smiley needs to be changed to something similar to the FB 'care' smiley, because the 'hug' smiley looks more like a happy wave or something. This freaks me out when I see this reaction to a thread about someone wanting to end their life.
lol, this is what I mean, I wanted to laugh react but could only "like" because that's the closest thing. First world problems.

Reactions: death137
Sinkinshyp

Sinkinshyp

Paragon
Sep 7, 2020

yeah that hug one gets me where I want to hug someone to show I care but it's smiling and a sad post. Theres been posts I wish I could laugh for but there isn't that option. There has been some funny posts/comments put up.

StateOfMind

StateOfMind

Liberty or Death
Apr 30, 2020
I've thought about this too.

But then I thought that it may not be a feature because it could be misused (i.e. some nasty people or trolls could react with laugh emojis to obviously sad or distressing posts).
I don't know, maybe I'm over-thinking it.
If that happens then they should be banned. Why should the eventuality of a troll reduce the quality of everyone else's interaction?

KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
There used to be a laughing reaction if I remember correctly but it got removed because people were misusing it.

Interesting... :nomouth:

E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
If that happens then they should be banned. Why should the eventuality of a troll reduce the quality of everyone else's interaction?
But then you could get into difficulties in arbitrating when laugh emojis are appropriately used and when they're not.
Ultimately it would be up to the mods to decide, but it could become an issue of subjective interpretation.
It could become a means of gaslighting members, I don't know.

Maybe it would be useful to ask a mod why they don't have this feature.