• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

hot

hot

Mar 3, 2024
"Stress occurs when the brain works faster than the body." - Scott Coady

[ READING TIME: 5 MIN ]

Hello everyone,
I hope you and your loved ones are doing well. In the following thread I wanted to show you how you can reduce your stress level in everyday life. I think that stress accompanies us all in our everyday lives, in phases in my life where I suffered a lot from stress, I used these different methods and they helped me a lot. I thought why not share this with you, maybe it will help some people deal with their stress levels.

Forest Bathing

What is forest bathing ? :

Forest bathing is a natural healing method from Japan, also known as ''Shinrin-yoku''. It refers to consciously immersing yourself in the forest atmosphere in order to use the positive effects of nature on your health. Forest bathing is about experiencing the forest with all your senses and, above all, what is most important to us: reducing stress.

What are the advantages of Forest Bathing? :

Various studies have proven that "forest bathing" has many positive effects on our bodies. We have an improved mood and well-being. Positive effects on anxiety disorders and depression, lowering blood pressure and blood sugar levels, reducing stress and relaxing.

How do I do forest bathing ? :

Choose a nice forest near you, feel free to go to the forest on a nice Sunday morning. At these times most forests are usually pretty empty and you can walk through the forest alone in peace. A 45 minute walk should be enough. Walk slowly, enjoy the peace and quiet of the forest, listen to music if you want to.

My experience with Forest Bathing :

It helped me a lot, I always enjoyed taking my daily walk through the forest. I could just switch off, there was no one in the forest. I could be alone. I only heard the birds and no annoying cars driving in the city center. Forest bathing is wonderful, I can only recommend it to everyone.

Reading in the evening

Relaxing in the evening and reading has been shown to reduce your stress levels by 60%. Go to your local bookstore and buy a book that you like. The most important thing is that you enjoy reading the book - it shouldn't feel like a task that you have to do every evening. It should be something you're looking forward to :)) In the evening, lie down in a comfortable place (your bed, your sofa...) and read for between 30-40 minutes. You will also notice that your sleep will improve because you will spend less time in front of a screen in the evening.

Sleep

Sleep is very important for people, in today's world people sleep less. Prioritize your sleep, less sleep does lead to all sorts of illnesses (cancer, depression...). Less sleep can worsen your poor mental state and increase your stress levels.

Avoid screens in the evening

Avoid screens in the evening to get better sleep. After a long day at work or school, I always decide to relax in the evening. I haven't played another game of Valorant after a long day (Valorant gives me so much aggression haha). Many people come straight home after a long day and sit down in front of the computer, try to avoid screens in the evening.

Diet

A well-balanced diet rich in essential nutrients has been associated with stress reduction. Try to eat well, I found a good guide on the subject of diet on the internet. Maybe this will help you :))

Meditation
Meditation helps reduce stress by contributing to relaxation, balancing the nervous system and improving brain coherence. To reduce stress, many experts recommend starting with a few minutes of meditation per day and gradually increasing to longer periods, such as 20 minutes or more. There is no definitive answer to how many times a day one should meditate, as it depends on individual needs and time resources. However, it is recommended to meditate regularly to maximize the stress-reducing benefits of this practice. You can find lots of meditation guides on YouTube. But you don't just have to do it with YouTube, you can also pay attention to your breathing. Inhale slowly through your nose and exhale through your mouth.

Supplements

There are various supplements that can help you reduce your stress levels, the most famous being Ashwagandha and CBD. Ashwagandha regulates the stress hormone cortisol. CBD has been shown to help with anxiety, which can also lead to stress reduction.

Conclusion

Every person has different reasons why they have stress, which is why I tried to generalize these ways of reducing stress to everyone as much as possible so that everyone can use these methods to have less stress in everyday life. These tips mentioned above helped me extremely. I really hope that I could be of help to some of you. Feel free to discuss in the comments, if you have any new ways to reduce stress, feel free to share them too. If you have any questions, leave them in the comments and I'll try to answer them as best as I can :))

Have a nice day 🤗.

WhenTheyCry

WhenTheyCry

if only this was just a simulation
Jun 25, 2022
What are your thoughts on the drugs olanzapine and depakote?

Reactions: hot
WhenTheyCry

WhenTheyCry

Jun 25, 2022
Hey, i never tried anything like that. I'll find out more. Have you already used these?
Yes I use them for bipolar and schizophrenia, both conditions that make you irritable (angry, stressed).

hot

hot

Mar 3, 2024
Yes I use them for bipolar and schizophrenia, both conditions that make you irritable (angry, stressed).
Are they only explicitly for bipolar and schizophrenia patients? I have borderline, depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder and anxiety disorders. Could they help me too? And you probably get it from your therapist, right?

Mirrory Me

Mirrory Me

Life is a mirror, but "whose" mirror?
Mar 23, 2023
Bathing in the forest sounds very soothing, if there are no mosquitoes or other insects nearby.

• Yay!
soulkitty

soulkitty

Just a shell of who I once was.
Apr 6, 2024
Amazin thank u so much <3<3<3

• Hugs
WhenTheyCry

WhenTheyCry

Jun 25, 2022
Bathing in the forest sounds very soothing, if there are no mosquitoes or other insects nearby.
It's a great place to get murdered where no one is watching. Just kidding. But if you live in an area where murders are likely, I wouldn't go without a friend to accompany me.

Unicr0n

Unicr0n

Stuck in a black hole...
Mar 26, 2024
Forest bathing is a natural healing method from Japan, also known as ''Shinrin-yoku''. It refers to consciously immersing yourself in the forest atmosphere in order to use the positive effects of nature on your health. Forest bathing is about experiencing the forest with all your senses and, above all, what is most important to us: reducing stress.
how do you feel about running water? It's like being hit with a tranquilizer gun when i hear water running onto stone or storm drains running or a stream

WhenTheyCry

WhenTheyCry

Jun 25, 2022
How do you avoid insects in a forest?