L

lugerepair

I don't like life
Oct 15, 2020
I actually just joined this forum today. I used to hang out in the SS subreddit several years ago. One day I tried to find that subreddit again and couldn't. I figured it must have been taken down, then forgot about it for a while. Then a couple days ago I decided to Google SS and found this forum. I'm so glad that this forum exists. Not being able to talk about one's suicidal thoughts with anyone feels like such a horrible prison. And being here is like a breath of fresh air. The suicidal thoughts were already there. This forum gives me a place where I can talk about those thoughts with people who understand. And this actually is making me feel a lot better at the moment. If only the people making these petitions would understand. I would feel so much worse if this website was shut down.

• Love
Reactions: Élégie, whywere and flatearth
flatearth

flatearth

dot
Aug 27, 2020
i found this website through that petition lol!

Reactions: Élégie, puppy9, Ghost2211 and 2 others
Lupgevif

Lupgevif

Jul 23, 2020
If it wasn't for this forum I would've tried a lithium overdose (despite reading several times it was inefficient, I thought that I could still manage if it was a huge, huge dose, but members of this website discouraged me for good). So SS saved my kidneys.

edit: I actually found this website by researching about unusual suicide methods (most of which are also discouraged here). So I would've also tried to ingest a lot of harmful substances other than lithium, being stopped also by forum.

Last edited:
L

lugerepair

I don't like life
Oct 15, 2020
I just read a bit more about the petition, and also their website. The website says "Imagine a web site that teaches children how to end their own lives? It exists." Talk about sensationalism. First of all, there are tons of websites on the internet you wouldn't want children to have access to. It is parents' responsibility to monitor their children's internet activities. Also, you have to be at least 18 to join this forum.

You know what? Instead of trying to shut this website down, how about they instead petition to improve mental health care? It makes me laugh when people say that "help is available" and then type the name of a suicide hotline. People waaaaaaay overestimate the helpfulness of suicide hotlines. Being put on hold for 30 minutes to talk to someone who tells you soon after that there are other people on the line waiting to talk and he needs to hang up is not helpful.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Élégie, Sprite_Geist and 1 other person
Lupgevif

Lupgevif

Jul 23, 2020
You know what? Instead of trying to shut this website down, how about they instead petition to improve mental health care? It makes me laugh when people say that "help is available" and then type the name of a suicide hotline. People waaaaaaay overestimate the helpfulness of suicide hotlines. Being put on hold for 30 minutes to talk to someone who tells you soon after that there are other people on the line waiting to talk and he needs to hang up is not helpful.
No, you gotta pay a huge amount of money every week to be able to talk about your problems for only 1 hour to a person who'll just tell you gotta keep fighting and dying is not the solution.

Reactions: Élégie and TheSomebody
puppy9

puppy9

au revoir
Jun 13, 2019

Hey guys I'm a new member here, I'm hellbent on finding a peaceful way to go, and god has answered my prayers; I found this site via the banner whilst cruising on the highway.

I wanna say thanks to fuckthe26.com for helping me to find a way to exit in peace. They're doing God's work.

Reactions: Sprite_Geist and Deleted member 19654