W3akCr3atur3

W3akCr3atur3

Empty and hollow
Aug 3, 2020
It's funny cause a lot of people who thing sites like this are the main problem. They don't think that possibly the person found sites like ss AFTER they were already feeling suicidal? Amazing.

Video games and laziness were my parents' favorite way to blame my problems with school and living life. Heh.
People who clearly never understood and never tried to help their children blaming sites like this. Awful.

Actually it's most likely they are the actual reason why their children felt suicidal and even killed themselves. Them and their ignorance and indifference

Reactions: whywere, Élégie, TheSomebody and 1 other person
_Kaira_

_Kaira_

This Isn't Fine
Oct 2, 2020
People who clearly never understood and never tried to help their children blaming sites like this. Awful.

Actually it's most likely they are the actual reason why their children felt suicidal and even killed themselves. Them and their ignorance and indifference

Can't say I blame mine 100%. I could've called someone on their abuse while I was growing up, had I known that it wasn't a normal thing to be going through. It's funny when you're conditioned that full on psychological and physical abuse is normal. That you deserve the shit you get inflicted on you cause you did something to piss them off. On the outside of that quaint little home, you're like any other happy kid on the block. There's a difference between discipline and abuse. The length some people go to hide their dark secrets....

Sadly they were only a part of my list of issues that damaged me to become what I am today.

Who knows though...perhaps it's just a projection on what their parents did to them. A cycle of conditioning. It's interesting, cause I'm scared to think I may of turned up like them if I hadn't gone through other shit other than their BS.

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere, TheSomebody and Lost in a Dream
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020

I'm hope you don't take this as targeting you.

I am always troubled when I see comments like this.

The parents blindly and abusively scapegoat the site. They hyperbolize anything negative about this site such that there is child abuse and human trafficking going on. It is demonization.

Doing the same in return to them, not recognizing them as humans any more than they're recognizing us as humans, and outright blaming them for causing the suicide of their own child... respectfully, it's a blind and abusive action. It is demonization.

Reactions: whywere, lugerepair, Wisdom3_1-9 and 3 others
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
What if children could go to their parents and say "mom and dad, I can't stand it any more. I want to die and I'm not joking. I cannot take life any more. I've made up my mind."

1. not many children feel they could tell their parents that
2. if they did tell them that what would the parents do about it? What could they do about it?
3. if seeing a psychiatrist would help them, fine. But we know that psychiatrists and their drugs don't work for many.

After that the children will be left to suffer as before. Whatever is making them want to suicide hasn't changed. Help is not available to them, contrary to those big messages that claim it is. If help were readily available for the asking and it worked, why are there so many suicides?
Well said hun.

Reactions: whywere
_Kaira_

_Kaira_

This Isn't Fine
Oct 2, 2020

The parents blindly and abusively scapegoat the site. They hyperbolize anything negative about this site such that there is child abuse and human trafficking going on. It is demonization.

Doing the same in return to them, not recognizing them as humans any more than they're recognizing us as humans, and outright blaming them for causing the suicide of their own child... respectfully, it's a blind and abusive action. It is demonization.

I know this wasn't directed at me, but as I've said I don't blame mine 100%. They are a huge part of why I developed my issues. But I do understand something must have caused why they thought there was good excuses to have kids and then destroy their mental health. Sadly, a good half of the time, child abuse is just the start of lifelong pain and unfortunate events.

However, it really does take a special kind of monster to hurt any child, let alone your own.

• Hugs
T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
To be honest this makes me sick I understand they're upset and want someone to blame but I always think maybe they are looking to blame others because the problem lies with them. And you say kids might see this... Kids might see a man or young woman getting shagged by a hundred men till they're physically damaged being considered :normal' sexual behavior. Tell me what's more damaging. You cannot trigger suicidal ideation in anyone, I don't care what anyone says.

Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
Sanctioned Suicide does not coerce anyone into killing themselves. Everyone is here because they want to take their own life not another persons, it is not pro-death as some twisted narratives suggest. There are rules that forbid users from pushing others into suicide, but this seems to get conveniently ignored.

When an individual joins this community they are already experiencing suicidal thoughts; in some cases for many years. The reason they come here - the reason why any of us are here is because it is the only place online where you can truly open up about your dark thoughts without the risk of ridicule. If a member of this site was to have an honest discussion about how they are feeling with their loved ones in the real world they would likely either face the usual but serious stigma, or they would just be ignored. This can be evidenced by the number of threads on this forum by users that talk about how their feelings and thoughts were invalidated by others that did not understand or did not care.

For many Sanctioned Suicide is the first and last lifeline when they are feeling down. They come here because they have nowhere else to go, and nobody to turn to for support. It is a small island of compassion in a rough sea of apathy. Without this community we would surely drown.

Instead of attacking this community they should examine why people are actually suicidal. Sanctioned Suicide is a symptom of suicide not the cause.

• Love
Reactions: whywere, Élégie, Bardia and 4 others

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018

If I try to imagine myself as a neutral person, then the side who treats another side with decency instead of demonization would win my respect maybe. I don't know which tactic is preferable here honestly.

_Kaira_

_Kaira_

This Isn't Fine
Oct 2, 2020
To be honest this makes me sick I understand they're upset and want someone to blame but I always think maybe they are looking to blame others because the problem lies with them. And you say kids might see this... Kids might see a man or young woman getting shagged by a hundred men till they're physically damaged being considered :normal' sexual behavior. Tell me what's more damaging. You cannot trigger suicidal ideation in anyone, I don't care what anyone says.

Perhaps no one can trigger it. But they could be considered a catalyst. Personally I don't blame anyone for my own will to want to CTB. But perhaps if all the shit in my life didn't happen, usually because of other humans deciding to do harm, perhaps I wouldn't be so fucked. Not like I havn't tried to get better or anything....lol

EDIT: It's a sick world. People really should reflect on why someone had gone through with suicide. Why take down what someone may consider their only real source of support? :\

Also thought that was directed at me. I had to reread it. lol.

Last edited:
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
I know this wasn't directed at me, but as I've said I don't blame mine 100%. They are a huge part of why I developed my issues. But I do understand something must have caused why they thought there was good excuses to have kids and then destroy their mental health. Sadly, a good half of the time, child abuse is just the start of lifelong pain and unfortunate events.

However, it really does take a special kind of monster to hurt any child, let alone your own.

I hear and respect you. I am still recovering from my own parents' abuse and their beliefs they were doing the right thing, which their parents did as well.

What I take issue with is making assumptions that Shawn's parents abused her and destroyed her mental health.

Many of her posts here have been deleted but have been published elsewhere and she did not say she blamed her parents. Therefore we don't have a right to assume that and then demonize and scapegoat her parents and claim her voice, any more than they have a right to demonize and scapegoat this site and claim to be her voice.

If we do, we are perpetuating the pattern rather than stepping out of it. We become abusive in return to abuse. It's not a focus on their actions against us, but a belittling and demeaning of the actors.

That's my opinion.

Reactions: Lost in a Dream and TooConscious
_Kaira_

_Kaira_

This Isn't Fine
Oct 2, 2020
I hear and respect you. I am still recovering from my own parents' abuse and their beliefs they were doing the right thing, which their parents did as well.

What I take issue with is making assumptions that Shawn's parents abused her and destroyed her mental health.

Many of her posts here have been deleted but have been published elsewhere and she did not say she blamed her parents. Therefore we don't have a right to assume that and then demonize and scapegoat her parents and claim her voice, any more than they have a right to demonize and scapegoat this site and claim to be her voice.

If we do, we are perpetuating the pattern rather than stepping out of it. We become abusive in return to abuse. It's not a focus on their actions against us, but a belittling and demeaning of the actors.

That's my opinion.

I take it case by case. I probably use my own experiences as reference way too much. But sadly it's all I really know.
In a sense, I'm expressing my own voice, not so much anyone else's. Tend to focus on one thought at a time.

As far as anyone else's? Well, we take what they say from what they've left behind, as we cannot gain any more insight from those that have passed on. Essentially, I agree with you.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
lostangel

lostangel

Enlightened
Mar 22, 2019
I fully believe the person who started that petition, knows SS is not illegal and does not care. She just wants to manipulate people into thinking it is illegal.

• Love
Reactions: whywere, AJ., Lost in a Dream and 1 other person
T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
Perhaps no one can trigger it. But they could be considered a catalyst. Personally I don't blame anyone for my own will to want to CTB. But perhaps if all the shit in my life didn't happen, usually because of other humans deciding to do harm, perhaps I wouldn't be so fucked. Not like I havn't tried to get better or anything....lol

EDIT: It's a sick world. People really should reflect on why someone had gone through with suicide. Why take down what someone may consider their only real source of support? :\

Also thought that was directed at me. I had to reread it. lol.
Exactly mate.
Oh the powers will take away any support for us they love causing suffering. Believe it or not but the elite actually want people like us turning psychotic and going on killing sprees that's what they want as it will help them impose their fuckin agenda quicker.
I hate the elite but I also hate average Joe for allowing this world. I can only communicate with my small circle that's took years and other people who feel the same here.

Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020
*sigh*

Another petition? Seriously, am I going to have to start Photoshopping Total War screenshots again? They never quit...

*sigh again*

To get on a more positive topic, it was an interesting journey that led me here and it started with Lost All Hope. That was two years ago when I first started to seriously research suicide methods, to find one that was actually reliable and easy for me to do. Of course, I went back and forth a bit after that, with doctors, psychiatrists, and meds and I went through a phase where I tried to convince myself to be pro-life (spoiler alert: it didn't work!). I even went to a similar forum to this one to see if it would get me anywhere, but when I saw that discussions about medically assisted suicide for the terminally ill weren't even allowed, I abandoned that place and said, "Fuck being pro-life".

Then I searched for pro-choice suicide forums. I discovered that there used to be a sub-reddit called SS, but I was disappointed to find that it was gone. This of course led me to search for "Sanctioned suicide" specifically and then I was here. I lurked for a few days and then signed up once I came up with a suitable username for myself.

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere, Deleted member 22650 and _Kaira_
_Kaira_

_Kaira_

This Isn't Fine
Oct 2, 2020
Exactly mate.
Oh the powers will take away any support for us they love causing suffering. Believe it or not but the elite actually want people like us turning psychotic and going on killing sprees that's what they want as it will help them impose their fuckin agenda quicker.
I hate the elite but I also hate average Joe for allowing this world. I can only communicate with my small circle that's took years and other people who feel the same here.

Oh I believe it. The media thrives on killings. Why else since they never have news on anything good?

Honestly the elites are the smart ones. Someone has to shepherd the sheep. Scare them with killings and other shit, they'll keep being good little sheep.

And to those who don't go on murder sprees? Get them hooked on meds, suck their insurance for all it's worth.

That is fucking ridiculous
Don't they realise that trying to remove this site could have harmful effects for the people that use it?

A lot of people don't have any other real support. Me included. I felt so much better after I signed up and started talking to people. It doesn't change my feelings, but it's nice to be able to have a place to let out my pain with minimal judgement. Least SS gives safer methods and info on how to ctb. These people rather us suffer to the very end it seems since they don't care to do much else other than shut the site down lol. How about instead of "shut down SS" why not "Improve healthcare, give real help to these people" just disgusting.

Reactions: whywere, pthnrdnojvsc, TooConscious and 2 others
Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020
These people rather us suffer to the very end it seems since they don't care to do much else other than shut the site down lol. How about instead of "shut down SS" why not "Improve healthcare, give real help to these people" just disgusting.

You're right about that. If they actually cared enough to help people fix their reasons for being suicidal, then SS wouldn't need to be petitioned against. Everyone would be in the Recovery section and the Suicide discussion forum would only be populated with tumbleweeds. Seriously, these people need to realize that some of us are only still here because this site gives us something to look forward to. Without it, many of us would be gone already, likely using methods that resulted in a very painful exit.

Reactions: whywere, Élégie and _Kaira_
grungeCat

grungeCat

Awkward & weird
Jul 5, 2020
This site isn't illegal so, yeah, what a shame you can't do anything, can you? I have a special message to you, pro-lifers:
Dear pro-lifers,
Watch carefully what I think about your petition :

• Love
Reactions: whywere, Élégie, TheSomebody and 3 others
TheSomebody

TheSomebody

Sep 28, 2020
I love this site. In this torment called life, here is the only place i have some peace. They still want to take it away from me >:(

• Love
Reactions: whywere, Élégie, grungeCat and 3 others
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
I typed SS in the google search bar to see if I can find another forum like this and I came across couple petitions asking for SS to shutdown..
They claim they lost their daughter to this site and that she could have been saved with psychiatry, of course children might look at this site
but that is not the first site you come across when you search on google " How to kill yourself ".

You have to be pretty motivated to find out about this site, if your child found this site, it's probably not the first time they think about this.
They probably tried to tell you about it before and you ignored it or you were not receptive to it and send them to therapist which did
nothing good for them aside from the fact that they cannot trust you anymore... In which they search for complete strangers on the internet
that would have similar issues, those strangers probably listen to his/her concerns and showed him/her more love in a matter of couple months then
you in your whole life as a mother, you didn't know what your child was going through and you did not care.
They found comfort here and they are now at peace.. Bless their brave soul for going through all that hassle alone.

Oh and i almost forgot, she mentions that we are linked to child abusers who only want to fuck over children.
What a fucking retard she is.

On a brighter note, how have you found SS?
Personally I had to go through multiple Discord servers and forums before I found a link to in.
Best thing ever happened. God bless SS :heart:
This website is the only place that i've ever found where you can disscuss ctb methods or even discuss suicide. imo that is another reason to commit suicide : that they have so corrupted everything, twisted everything updside down , and censored everything that this website is the only place on earth that you can disscuss suicide. In most places if you even say you want to commit suicide you can get fired, doxxed, and locked up in a mental hospital . As for the internet where there is some measure of anonimity there is not even one other website like this one ss in the world . So who would even want to live in a world like this ?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: whywere, Élégie, AJ. and 4 others
M

MariV

Arcanist
Sep 13, 2020
ironically, ss is somehow pro-life. for me, learning and discussing here has been of great help so far. most ppl here are so helpful and caring.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: whywere, Élégie, Lost in a Dream and 3 others
R

Rubyandthemoon

Aug 27, 2020
Those petitions will always be there. I'll probably say this anytime I post for the time being but I'm here as a suicide griever, not as someone who wants to CTB. From that perspective, it's almost like a balm to be able to blame someone else. But as someone who is blamed by an entire community for my daughter's father's suicide (by people who really don't know much about our relationship.) I know that in the end it was his choice and I am not responsible.

Having watched this forum for months...I could never petition to take it away. I wish none of you feel the pain you do. I wish none of you would feel the need to CTB...but wanting to must be such a lonely feeling. I've seen how this forum could make someone feel much less alone, and much more understood. I can't imagine taking that away. It's actually quite beautiful the way everyone cares for each other here.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: whywere and Lost in a Dream
T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
Oh I believe it. The media thrives on killings. Why else since they never have news on anything good?

Honestly the elites are the smart ones. Someone has to shepherd the sheep. Scare them with killings and other shit, they'll keep being good little sheep.

And to those who don't go on murder sprees? Get them hooked on meds, suck their insurance for all it's worth.

A lot of people don't have any other real support. Me included. I felt so much better after I signed up and started talking to people. It doesn't change my feelings, but it's nice to be able to have a place to let out my pain with minimal judgement. Least SS gives safer methods and info on how to ctb. These people rather us suffer to the very end it seems since they don't care to do much else other than shut the site down lol. How about instead of "shut down SS" why not "Improve healthcare, give real help to these people" just disgusting.
Oh yes humanity as a whole is to blame I think, we laugh at sheep implying they're stupid creatures because they fall in line but at least the sheep need a sheepdog to put them in line, humans put each other in line by slandering and ridiculing, destroying often to the point of death anyone that dares have a different view. Humans have created their hell now couple more decades and this heavenly standard of living turns right upside down... I hope your hedonism was worth it fuckers.

• Love
Reactions: whywere, AJ., grungeCat and 1 other person
W3akCr3atur3

W3akCr3atur3

Empty and hollow
Aug 3, 2020

I'm not talking about everybody, but some parents clearly are quite terrible. And from my experience the worse parent is, the worse he/she blames everybody else for anything bad happening to their child. It's rock music, internet, video games, even the child himself.

I am not trying to demonize every parent who thinks this website is bad, just saying that there's people who are terrible at parenting and could never realize they are doing/did anything wrong.

Reactions: Élégie and _Kaira_
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
I'm not talking about everybody, but some parents clearly are quite terrible. And from my experience the worse parent is, the worse he/she blames everybody else for anything bad happening to their child. It's rock music, internet, video games, even the child himself.

I am not trying to demonize every parent who thinks this website is bad, just saying that there's people who are terrible at parenting and could never realize they are doing/did anything wrong.

Actually, I thought you were taking about Shawn Shatto's parents, who have been targeting this site. I misunderstood.

Reactions: _Kaira_
Deleted member 22650

Deleted member 22650

Student
Oct 7, 2020
Funny enough I did go to my parents many times when I was really terrified of the thoughts of what I wanted to do to myself. They essentially challenged me by saying "You havn't done it yet. If you're going to do it you're going to do it." Which is true...but all I wanted was support from them. Not to be told to grow up afterwards. I understand they wouldn't have been able to cure me. But I just wanted a hug, or at least not be gaslighted so hard.
Your parents were right in a sense that someone who really wants to commit suicide won't tell anyone, as many of us right now,
but probably like a lot of you guys here, when we were young we trusted our parents and reached out to them, they foolishly
called therapist, they would promise we will go to a special place for help, for like one week, which a complete fucking lie.
It lasted probably 2-3 months, which a fucking long time when you think gonna get help but end up even more alone.

We end up there and lose all of our privileges at first and we have to feel good to get some of them back, if we truly don't feel good
it was better to fake it, so we could make it out as quickly as possible, they would just leave us alone in our units, being angry
or crying was in no way, shape or form of any help, they wouldn't care. From this point I realize, alright then I'm not gonna ask for help
anymore, I'll keep everything inside and when I will really want to CTB none will know, which brings lots of us here.
It's funny cause a lot of people who think sites like this are the main problem. They don't think that possibly the person found sites like ss AFTER they were already feeling suicidal? Amazing.

Video games and laziness were my parents' favorite way to blame my problems with school and living life. Heh.
Same here, thing is if I would have feel wanted and loved I probably would have went to those family events n shit, or would have the courage to go out and make out, but nope being told your a failure, i guess i'm just gonna isolate in my room where i won't disturb none with my presence.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: whywere and _Kaira_
S

Sk1n1M1n

Experienced
Jan 29, 2020
I found it via the Callie Lewis documentary and I had previously used SF but it was full of recovery peeps which didn't suit how I was feeling when I joined they were like "read a good book, have a bath. All the usual crisis team bullshit.

A

amelope

Oct 8, 2020
SS is amazing, I found my way here after trying to find a.s.h if anyone here knows what that is, it was like the original SS.

Anyway without this place I probably wouldn't have been able to kill myself successfully, the information here is amazing and has taught me about SN which I've now ordered, as well as how to hang myself properly if all else fails.

Lots of love to all the people here :heart:
This is why I think people have an issue with the site, as people wouldn't necessarily know about methods without this site, which inevitably people successfully use and it causes a big void in the family's life which they don't know how to fill

Reactions: whywere, AJ95 and GoodPersonEffed
AJ95

AJ95

24/7 sylvia plath
Sep 3, 2020
This is why I think people have an issue with the site, as people wouldn't necessarily know about methods without this site, which inevitably people successfully use and it causes a big void in the family's life which they don't know how to fill
True, and I get that.

I definitely wouldn't have managed to kill myself without this site. My SN arrived yesterday!

I know suicide hurts families, but someone should have the right and the option to end their life if they want to.