lostinwoe

lostinwoe

woefully bound to death.
Mar 1, 2024
Really? You sound like a fucking asshole. Please don't ever come on to this site again to complain about shit going on in your life if you plan victim-blaming others for shit that happening to them. Imagine having the audacity to act as though someone having their own safety jeopardized is some little silly thing that can be quickly fixed and is their fault. Fuck you.

I don't understand why you are even on this thread if you just planned on being an asshole the entire time. Is it that hard to at bare minimum be nice and try to understand what the OP is going through?
if your overly nice to everyone on here theyll never get better don't be a snowflake trust me as a hikikomori who is chronically online ik how easy it is to solve "internet bullying" idk why your so pressed over words but im just saying the truth

Guy Smiley

Guy Smiley

Just another lost soul
Jan 4, 2024
its online, you can make a new identity in 2 minutes honestly if you get doxxed i blame yourself

That's a terrible, ignorant thing to say. Brushing off someone's abuse and victim blaming is awful.

• Yay!
Reactions: reclaimedbynature and lostinwoe
lostinwoe

lostinwoe

woefully bound to death.
Mar 1, 2024
That's a terrible, ignorant thing to say. Brushing off someone's abuse and victim blaming is awful.
well there gonna keep getting "abused" if they dont do something about the abuse do you want them to kill themselves instead of fixing the problem?

Guy Smiley

Guy Smiley

Just another lost soul
Jan 4, 2024
well there gonna keep getting "abused" if they dont do something about the abuse do you want them to kill themselves instead of fixing the problem?

I doubt you're actually as stupid as your posts would indicate. I think you're just being lazy and not using your brain. Put in a little effort and I'm sure you can do it.

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
When we disagree with others on this website we try to do so politely. I'm sure you'll bear that in mind.
Yeah, no. First off, don't lecture me on how I respond to others. Secondly, if you are going to be an asshole then I'm not going to bother with being polite towards you. Why would I want to respond to someone being rude and blaming the op for being doxxed and harassed politely?

Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
Yeah, no. First off, don't lecture me on how I respond to others. Secondly, if you are going to be an asshole then I'm not going to bother with being polite towards you. Why would I want to respond to someone being rude and blaming the op for being doxxed and harassed politely?
This forum has rules that all of us agreed to follow when we joined. If you have forgotten them, now might be a good time to re-read them. (See the left hand column of this page.) Users who persistently ignore the rules are likely to get reported, and may eventually be banned from the site.

Even when we disagree strongly with someone, even if we think that a poster is a complete asshole (to use your word), that doesn't relieve us of the responsibility to keep our own posts polite. Some people here are in a lot of pain, and you can't always tell from their posts who is in a really bad place right now. Being rude to them may make their situation worse. Being rude to them might even tip them over the edge. Please don't do it.

If you like making posts of that sort, there are other forums you can do it and no-one will care. But please don't do it here.

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
if your overly nice to everyone on here theyll never get better don't be a snowflake trust me as a hikikomori who is chronically online ik how easy it is to solve "internet bullying" idk why your so pressed over words but im just saying the truth
People calling you out because you are being an asshole and victim-blaming others isn't the same as being doxxed, being sent death threats, and having lies about you being spread around, let alone bullying. Last time I checked, those things can lead to potential issues irl. Maybe if you got off the internet and looked around outside for a bit then you would know that the world doesn't revolve around you and your experiences.

I'm also chronically online yet I think the OP is in completely in the right to distressed over this. How about you just get off this thread already if you aren't going to have anything of value to say. Coming on here just to victim-blame is just making you look bad.
This forum has rules that all of us agreed to follow when we joined. If you have forgotten them, now might be a good time to re-read them. (See the left hand column of this page.) Users who persistently ignore the rules are likely to get reported, and may eventually be banned from the site.

Even when we disagree strongly with someone, even if we think that a poster is a complete asshole (to use your word), that doesn't relieve us of the responsibility to keep our own posts polite. Some people here are in a lot of pain, and you can't always tell from their posts who is in a really bad place right now. Being rude to them may make their situation worse. Being rude to them might even tip them over the edge. Please don't do it.

If you like making posts of that sort, there are other forums you can do it and no-one will care. But please don't do it here.
Dude, I'll worry about myself here. How about you leave me alone rather than getting on my case about not being super polite towards someone who is victim-blaming?

Last edited:
Reactions: WhatPowerIs
Malaria

Malaria

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead
Feb 24, 2024
Some people here are in a lot of pain, and you can't always tell from their posts who is in a really bad place right now. Being rude to them may make their situation worse. Being rude to them might even tip them over the edge. Please don't do it.
Being dismissive of someone who has been abused online can also make their situation worse. This forum is meant to be a safe space for suicidal people, after all. And dismissive responses like that would make this place anything but a safe space, especially if that kind of behavior were tolerated.

Telling someone who has been harassed that their abuse is their own fault isn't helpful or constructive, it's just being rude for no good reason. Give tips on how to protect yourself from doxxing and harassment, sure, but there's a difference between giving helpful tips to prevent this from happening again in the future and just being rude and dismissive.

Reactions: StarFaded, WhatPowerIs, Guy Smiley and 1 other person
Dot

Dot

Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021
its online, you can make a new identity in 2 minutes honestly if you get doxxed i blame yourself

Ur argmnts 2wrds OP stuatn r v reductnist - nt evry intrnet usr out thre hs 3 vpns & = runnng thr systm thru Tails - if u cnnt shw sme cmpassn or gve practcl & helpfl advce thn pls cnsidr leavng ths thred

Really? You sound like a fucking asshole. Please don't ever come on to this site again to complain about shit going on in your life if you plan victim-blaming others for shit that happening to them. Imagine having the audacity to act as though someone having their own safety jeopardized is some little silly thing that can be quickly fixed and is their fault. Fuck you.

I don't understand why you are even on this thread if you just planned on being an asshole the entire time. Is it that hard to at bare minimum be nice and try to understand what the OP is going through?

= knd tht u wnt2 defnd OP bt pls rfrain frm persnl inslts

Reactions: Tears in Rain
Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
Being dismissive of someone who has been abused online can also make their situation worse. This forum is meant to be a safe space for suicidal people, after all. And dismissive responses like that would make this place anything but a safe space, especially if that kind of behavior were tolerated.

Telling someone who has been harassed that their abuse is their own fault isn't helpful or constructive, it's just being rude for no good reason. Give tips on how to protect yourself from doxxing and harassment, sure, but there's a difference between giving helpful tips to prevent this from happening again in the future and just being rude and dismissive.
I agree with that, and I think lostinwoe's post was unhelpful and insensitive. I'm completely in agreement with the basic message that EvisceratedJester was trying to convey. But there are good ways and not-so-good ways to get a message across, and insulting people is not a good way.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tears in Rain
Malaria

Malaria

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead
Feb 24, 2024
I agree with that, and I think lostinwoe's post was unhelpful and insensitive. I'm completely in agreement with the basic mssage that EviscratedJester was trying to convey. But there are good ways and not-so-good ways to get a message across, and insulting people is not a good way.
Fair enough.

• Love
Reactions: Linda
untothedepths

untothedepths

Your right. Your life.
Mar 20, 2023
Sadly people think its okay to act like trash because there are screens and potentially thousands of miles between one another. I do agree the block button is useful, to a point. It's much different if you had developed relationships with people online and became their friend. Especially if you sought some sort of company or comfort online. You choose to give a more significant level of trust and vulnerability in others. Reality isn't so kind and people can and will take advantage of someone for whatever reason they want.

OP, I don't know how much this applies to you, but if I have any advice surround yourself with people who are chill and don't display red flags. When you meet a person, and they have a red flag, cut them out. Based on my own experiences, I'd watch out for:

• People who are often always involved in some sort of drama, and make it routine to complain about petty shit.
• The person who always routinely talks about others around you. Chances are, they'll talk about you too.
• Someone who complains constantly about negative stuff, not venting. Someone who vilifies others for what they like, dress, talk, ect. when it's hardly warranted.
• Realize you will go through many online friends and people change. You'll probably notice a lot of people are just fucking assholes.

Sorry you feel like you do, but for now maybe this could just help nudge perspective.

Reactions: Linda, Guy Smiley and Malaria