Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, 21Neberg, ctrl_alt_delete and 9 others
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
It can also be the mercury fillings in our teeth. I read an article of a woman who's schizophrenia went away once she got those removed. I guess these dental fillings have been around over 100 years. As the fillings wear down they leak the toxin into the body and the brain. They have been banned now in some European countries.

Reactions: 15dec, ctrl_alt_delete, newdawnfades and 2 others
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
*Ok disregard what I said about toxoplasmosis and cats. I was reading a bit and my understanding of it came from living in the USA where the rate is super low and most cases come from tainted meat. It seems in many other regions up to 50% of people have been affected and it's likely on those places cat poop is a reasonable risk for a vector if the cat goes outdoors. I'd be interested to see the rates in cities vs rural as most city cats are indoor only and would have little chance to eat infected rodents. Guess I need to quit licking my fingers after cleaning the cat box either way.
Lol! The last sentence.

Reactions: ctrl_alt_delete, Johnnythefox and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Rollo

Rollo

No pasaran
Aug 13, 2018
Oh man thanx for the good laugh. As if I needed another reason to hate my cat.

The behavioural effect of parasite infestation on mice is that they become less cautious of cats and are attracted to their urine. So that cat could kill and eat the mouse, making two bff's together. I can't say I'm attracted to my cat's urine or feces although I don't have any aversion cleaning his litterbox. And the motherfucker is too soft to pull something on me anyway, so if I am infected after all parasite's only hope is me having a heart attack or something and the cat consuming my dead body. And if he's in my brain then maybe he can read it too and will now start shifting his strategy.

Reactions: RileyTanaka, Final Escape and ctrl_alt_delete
L

Logic

Student
Dec 20, 2018
I've known for some time that parasites can affect human behaviour but I've never studied it more closely, it is certainly a topic worth exploring imo.
QUOTE:
"What might this mean for human behavior? Just as a start, some studies have found that cases of schizophrenia rose sharply around the turn of the twentieth century, when domestic cat ownership became common"
http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/crux/2015/10/29/parasite-human-brain-control/#.XEdZ_lOnw0M

Ehh. Parasites effect all animals so I am sure they effect humans as well, it's just not exactly clear how. All mental disorders have rose sharply, probably mostly due to increased isolation and deteriation of social ties. The biggest factor in happiness is generally social relationships. Social relationships generally have a significant impact on the likelihood of developing most disorders. Due to technology isolation we are increasingly isolated and social relationships are worse than ever. On top of that people are fatter than ever. (Nearly 2/3 of adult males in America are either obese or overweight) Even though exercise is generally considered as effective as treating most forms of depression and anxiety as medication among other disorders.

Last edited:
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Final Escape and Johnnythefox
WayOut

WayOut

Experienced
Oct 26, 2018
Guess I need to quit licking my fingers after cleaning the cat box either way.
Yeah. Also, remember, no tongue kissing the cat for at least 10 minutes after bum cleaning ritual following a poop. *

Edit: *Cat's bum cleaning ritual, not yours.

Last edited:
Reactions: Johnnythefox