• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

W

winnebago

Sep 24, 2020
Hi, new here.

Is there any information for how to overcome survival instinct? I have just received my SN and plan to shut off all electronic devices in my house and start the process at like 1AM or something. I live alone so I shouldn't have much of a shot of being found in time. But I'm afraid I will panic and try to get ahold of someone. I recently was in the hospital under close observation for a full day from my last attempt and that's not something I ever want to experience again. Was the worst day of my life.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. :happy:

W

winnebago

Sep 24, 2020
Hi nice to meet you. When you talk about process do u mean Stan's guide?
Hi yes that's what I was referring to. Didn't see mention of overcoming SI in there unless I missed it.

T

timeisnigh

No kill like overkill
Jul 30, 2020
Only a day in hospital is nothing. Where do you live?

I committed last year, but walked away from it scot free. Biggest let down of my life.

D

Done at Fifty

Student
Feb 19, 2019
SI is a strong feeling evolved to keep us alive much like hunger and sleepiness. Yet there are times when we have to ignore being tired to keep ourselves alive (as in needing to stay awake to avoid a dangerous situation) and times when we have to fight hunger pangs to restore our health. Its brutally difficult but our logic often knows that there are times when we have to fight these survival instincts for the greater good. Perhaps think of SI as just a physiological mechanism that must be ignored for what you know is best.

T

timeisnigh

No kill like overkill
Jul 30, 2020
SI is a strong feeling evolved to keep us alive much like hunger and sleepiness. Yet there are times when we have to ignore being tired to keep ourselves alive (as in needing to stay awake to avoid a dangerous situation) and times when we have to fight hunger pangs to restore our health. Its brutally difficult but our logic often knows that there are times when we have to fight these survival instincts for the greater good. Perhaps think of SI as just a physiological mechanism that must be ignored for what you know is best.
Yes - and the thing is, of my attempts, the ways people TEND to kill themselves to not trigger the will to live as strongly as what you're saying might imply

by which I mean, our brains aren't smart enough to know how dangerous firearms are.

Whereas, when I've been on bridges, I found out the hard way that I'm not a jumper because of the atavistic fear of plummeting into The Abyss ...

W

winnebago

Sep 24, 2020
Only a day in hospital is nothing. Where do you live?

I committed last year, but walked away from it scot free. Biggest let down of my life.
It isn't the length of time, it is the circumstances surrounding it that made it the worst. If I were to end up back there I'm sure I'd be locked down for much longer.

T

timeisnigh

No kill like overkill
Jul 30, 2020
It isn't the length of time, it is the circumstances surrounding it that made it the worst. If I were to end up back there I'm sure I'd be locked down for much longer.
Yeah, sorry, didn't mean to play it down. I've done a lot of inpatient stints: including two that were under 24 hours. One was no big deal and the other was total crap

Reactions: winnebago