• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Y

Young.Werther

Student
Apr 11, 2023
So I don't have the key to overcoming SI (else I probably wouldn't be here) but I found something interesting. It's an academic article written by a pro-lifer (of course), but they talk about how people desensitize to overcome SI at the end. I'm not convinced the paper is 100% right, but maybe worth a read. Any thoughts? Can anyone say if the paper is valid (with respect to overcoming SI)?

Paper URL: https://www.scientificamerican.com/...-what-it-feels-like-to-want-to-kill-yourself/

wagner2029

wagner2029

Experienced
Jun 25, 2023
I believe that the SI will not suffer a reduction, the suffering and desire for CTB will overcome the SI at some point.
Just something I think, but I will read this article.
I'm right at this crossroads, I just need to put the exit bag on my head and fade away
I finished reading, interesting,
Regarding the sensitivity part, I have noticed something like this, before I was worried about who would find my body, if there was dirty laundry in the basket, these worries are decreasing every day.
I stopped taking the medication, it's been bad not sleeping, but I'm able to sleep when the sun comes up and until lunch, it's been a good sleep and I feel rested, the only good thing I've been doing is sleeping.

Last edited:
Reactions: TiredOfAllThis
offtoseethewizard

offtoseethewizard

Student
Aug 19, 2023
I think this is an interesting theory for those who do not kill themselves for mental health reasons (which is a vanishingly small proportion of suicides in general)

Plus the author has a shit eating grin-worthy tone, as if he's using the article to audition for a job as a New Yorker film critic. Really rubs me the wrong way.

Reactions: Olisop21.
Y

Young.Werther

Student
Apr 11, 2023
I think this is an interesting theory for those who do not kill themselves for mental health reasons (which is a vanishingly small proportion of suicides in general)
Maybe it's just me, but it feels like SI is hard regardless. Never managed to make a real attempt because SI got me every time. Do you have any other suggestions? Honestly not super enthused about the idea of SH since (a) it sounds painful and (b) it makes it easier to get sectioned if they have physical evidence like scars.

O

Olisop21.

Student
Mar 15, 2024
So I don't have the key to overcoming SI (else I probably wouldn't be here) but I found something interesting. It's an academic article written by a pro-lifer (of course), but they talk about how people desensitize to overcome SI at the end. I'm not convinced the paper is 100% right, but maybe worth a read. Any thoughts? Can anyone say if the paper is valid (with respect to overcoming SI)?

Paper URL: https://www.scientificamerican.com/...-what-it-feels-like-to-want-to-kill-yourself/
I am in the process of trying to tame my SI. I thought the article was interesting and I related to cognitive deconstruction.

U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
I really don't think there is any secret to overcoming our SI.

Once we are ready we will be ready. To say we want to CTB but our brain doesn't is a saying that makes little sense in practice. Us and our brain are one and the same.

We need to be more gentle on ourselves, too many people beat themselves up because the so called SI is ruining the plans. The SI comes from within us, if its still there, then there is some hope left. Well that's my belief anyway.

offtoseethewizard

offtoseethewizard

Student
Aug 19, 2023
Maybe it's just me, but it feels like SI is hard regardless. Never managed to make a real attempt because SI got me every time. Do you have any other suggestions? Honestly not super enthused about the idea of SH since (a) it sounds painful and (b) it makes it easier to get sectioned if they have physical evidence like scars.
I don't really have any suggestions I'm afraid. I'm in the same situation myself!

I do appreciate your name though.

Y

Young.Werther

Student
Apr 11, 2023
I really don't think there is any secret to overcoming our SI.

Once we are ready we will be ready. To say we want to CTB but our brain doesn't is a saying that makes little sense in practice. Us and our brain are one and the same.

We need to be more gentle on ourselves, too many people beat themselves up because the so called SI is ruining the plans. The SI comes from within us, if it's still there, then there is some hope left. Well that's my belief anyway.
I don't think this is entirely fair. There are plenty of other examples where someone wants to do something but there's a mental block. Some examples:
1) some people really hate needles. This doesn't mean they don't want to get vaccinated or treated for things (indeed they may very much want that) but have to deal with the fear of needles to get through it.
2) Having anxiety/panic attacks. I don't think anybody wants to be having a panic attack (I mean they're not pleasant experiences) but people have them and are prevented from doing what they would like to be doing instead.

I don't think it's entirely false, and there is part of me that thinks about the idea of recovery, but it's not just that people don't want to CTB enough or something. I mean by that logic anyone should be able to CTB if they really and truly want it since you can always starve yourself, no resources needed (in fact having resources is bad in this case).