reticen

reticen

Student
Nov 5, 2020
The general recommendation when it comes to the SN method is to take the acid-reducer Tagamet. It is part of a group of acid-reducers which are histamine receptor antagonists. The other class of acid-reducers are proton-pump inhibitors. These are said to have no benefit in this method case. Here is my problem - no pharmicist here sells Tagamet or similar. They only seem to stock PPIs. Now I have seen some people mention that they intend to use antacids like Rennie, Gaviscon, and Milk of Magnesia.
Do these antacids serve as a replacement for histamine receptor acid-reducers (same function), or is there a separate reasoning for taking the antacids?

Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
I'm using Ranatidine so hopefully that works, I don't know much about anti acids tbh but I hope someone else can help

Reactions: Maka hiamoe
reticen

reticen

Student
Nov 5, 2020
I'm using Ranatidine so hopefully that works, I don't know much about anti acids tbh but I hope someone else can help
I'd get Ranatidine if I could but it's one of the unobtainable histamine antagonists.

reticen

reticen

Student
Nov 5, 2020
I got mine from eBay and I think it shipped from UK
It didn't even occur to me to use shady places to get the acid-reducer. It's perfectly legal and I have to go down that alley.

I'd still like to know if anyone can explain the difference between using an acid-reducer and an antacid in the SN method.