Aloken

Aloken

I choose love
Jan 25, 2021
I have no idea who you are and I have been on this forum since April 2019, and you are the first person I am about to fall out with, I have rum, a lot of rum, and ill debate all day, I am blunt and respond with what I see and think. I am one who just says what they think , I truly have never given a fuck and right now, you are the first person who's taken offence to anything I have said,
I am not saying about satisfying pro lifers, I am just more careful to how things are on this forum, and how things come across, having been caught up with debates with prolifers off the forum about this forum, I can (stupidly) understand some of their view point, whilst respecting that people have a right to choose to life or die, my first question to this dude of, are you sure this is the right thing for you, is NOT judgemental, its simply a question to see if this person really is in the right mind set. Back in Sept I was on the edge of a bridge, I posted in this very forum, two PMs came to me, both saying the same, and it made me think and got me talking, as a result I am still here to this day (never quite worked out if that is a good thing or bad thing)

It was the person after me who mentioned his daughter, which I had refrained from mentioning, but it was only when they did, that I too chipped in my thoughts,
I came back on this morning, and yes I mentioned I was concerned for his wife and daughter, as no one should be finding a person dead from their own hands, the trauma would be too much, I just in a way hoped this guy had thought it through more, I havent stopped thinking of him all night, concerned for him, as well as his family. that is not judgemental, that is a caring person wishing they could have reached out to someone in desperate need at a dark time in their life
I don't know why you said you don't know who I am, because it doesn't matter? We're two strangers that share different views, that's all. I too am blunt and have a lot of anger inside me towards society and injustice etc etc. I too don't give a single fuck about what others have to say about me and my opinions (except for one person, *sigh*), so I don't care about debating all day, I have better stuff to do (no, I don't, my life sucks lol). I don't care about debating because as I said I don't give a fuck and I'm so exhausted mentally nowadays. I'm drained. This is the first time I expressed my disagreement with someone here too (all the other times I just didn't bother for the reasons I specified). I just did it because I felt bad for the guy.

Again, for like the 4th time (maybe), I never said it was judgemental of you to ask him if this is the right thing for him. You took this personally and I don't get why, but anyway, it's not my business. I was very specific about what I thought was judgemental and I'm not going to say it again, because I'm emotionally drained.

Yes, the trauma would be terrible. I too think I have to leave my house somehow. But again, you don't know why he chose to stay home, maybe he didn't have a choice and your tone (I'm speaking generally here, I don't know what you said and I never blamed you specifically) was judgmental. You didn't ask him "why did you choose to do it at home", you said stuff like "you want to drive your daughter to suicide too" and "it's one thing to traumatise your wife, but your daughter too?". I'm sorry, that's judgmental, whoever said those stuff, and you can't convince me otherwise.

Your feelings are noble, no argue here. I'm talking about the way they were expressed BUT I think you didn't say those stuff I said, I think you were the least judgmental, if any, for real, if my memory isn't failing me. I glimpsed through the thread again a while ago. Your feelings are noble.

Reactions: Lostandlooking, NegativeSymptoms and Lupgevif
BitterlyAlive_

BitterlyAlive_

-
Dec 8, 2020
You're gonna turn this place into a pro-life one to satisfy those pro-lifers while this should be a sanctuary for people in pain
Okay, wow. You don't even know this person and you're sounding like a bit of an ass by saying things like this.

Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
The "you" was general, it was not addressed to the specific person.

at the moment the whole attack I feel is aimed at me!!! you are quoting things as though I have said them, when I haven't, whilst you have sort of acknowledged I didn't say them, you are using them in your attack against me!

BitterlyAlive_

BitterlyAlive_

-
Dec 8, 2020
Well that's not how it came across, mate.
at the moment the whole attack I feel is aimed at me!!! you are quoting things as though I have said them, when I haven't, whilst you have sort of acknowledged I didn't say them, you are using them in your attack against me!
:hug: I agree, that's how it feels.

Aloken

Aloken

I choose love
Jan 25, 2021
No, I'm sorry I made you feel attacked. I already said I don't know why you took this personally when I remember that you weren't so judgmental. I never said you said those things, I don't know why you're saying this, like I have specifically said I'm not talking about you! When my "you" is general I'm specifying it. English has this tiny problem with the "you"
Well that's not how it came across, mate.

:hug: I agree, that's how it feels.
Well, I'm not responsible for what you understand, I'm responsible for what I say. And I have specified numerous times that I'm not talking about the specific person
I forgot to add: where am I supposed to use my arguments if not to the person that said that there was no judgement, when there were? I didn't say YOU were judgmental, I was talking about the general tone in the replies and you decided to represent those who replied so I'm stating my arguments at you!

Last edited:
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
i have to deal with that.......id call it bs but it is understandable why someone might take it that way so i go 'you' now as a way to say you but not you if that makes sense.

everyone must always be talking about everyone else because god forbid theyre only talking about a majority and not literally everyone. seriously though how else are you suppose to word certain things.

Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
i have to deal with that.......id call it bs but it is understandable why someone might take it that way so i go 'you' now as a way to say you but not you if that makes sense.

everyone must always be talking about everyone else because god forbid theyre only talking about a majority and not literally everyone. seriously though how else are you suppose to word certain things.

I am so damned confused right now... I need more rum
happy hour drinking GIF

• Love
Reactions: x~Sophia~x
Aloken

Aloken

I choose love
Jan 25, 2021

Oh that's a nice way to say "you", but not you, cool!

Honestly, I didn't quite understand if you agree with me here (lol), but if you do thank you! I really struggled to make sure the other person didn't think I was talking about them. Anyway, what can I do? Whatever, peace :)

• Love
Reactions: Life_and_Death
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
happy hour drinking GIF
k jack lol.
i was just giving them an idea to make it more obvious that when they say 'you' it doesnt look like they are talking about someone specific to avoid future problems
Oh that's a nice way to say "you", but not you, cool!

Honestly, I didn't quite understand if you agree with me here (lol), but if you do thank you! I really struggled to make sure the other person didn't think I was talking about them. Anyway, what can I do? Whatever, peace :)
yeah i agree. although i dont disagree with making sure the loved ones arent traumatized there are different and in some cases better ways to word things

• Love
Reactions: Aloken
Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
k jack lol.
i was just giving them an idea to make it more obvious that when they say 'you' it doesnt look like they are talking about someone specific to avoid future problems

yeah i agree. although i dont disagree with making sure the loved ones arent traumatized there are different and in some cases better ways to word things

Ive had too much rum, nothing makes sense right now just amuse me its all good :pfff::pfff:

• Love
Reactions: x~Sophia~x
WatermelonMel

WatermelonMel

Melon Master
Aug 19, 2019
I'm surprised at how much criticism this guy took before his last moments. You don't know him nor his family. You don't know if he had the opportunity to leave his house (covid is an x factor now) or if he indeed left a warning note. You don't know anything about what measures he took or didn't take, yet you judged him and not in a nice way and assumed he didn't take any. You also don't know anything about his wife and daughter. Anyway, maybe I'm wrong, but I really didn't like all this storm of judgment in his last moments. I assume he felt a lot of pain to come to this and I don't think he needed to feel more of it now
Exactly! It was unfair and hypocritical criticism too because we are all going to be damaging a friend or family member for the rest of their life when we CTB and that's unavoidable, why is it any different that it's their FULLY GROWN child?

I've never seen such little support in a thread before.

Last edited:
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, TooMuchToBear, Aloken and 2 others
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
Exactly! It was unfair and hypocritical criticism too because we are all going to be damaging a friend or family member for the rest of their life when we CTB and that's unavoidable, why is it any different that it's their FULLY GROWN child?

to be fair. at first they didnt know that it was a full grown adult and also theres a big difference between "theyre gone" and walking in on the dead body of your loved one which i think is fair to say a lot more traumatizing.

Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, x~Sophia~x and Soulless Angel
Aloken

Aloken

I choose love
Jan 25, 2021
happy hour drinking GIF

Ive had too much rum, nothing makes sense right now just amuse me its all good :pfff::pfff:

Yes, the lack of emotional support troubled me a lot. I didn't say to tell him "yay go for it", but not "so you want to lead your daughter to suicide too?". Wow.

Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
so you want to lead your daughter to suicide too
That's similar to what I wrote and although it was posted before I knew the daughters age I stand by it completely. Who in the world would allow their wife and daughter to find their corpse? Go for a drive and do it, take a walk somewhere and do it, lock yourself in a garden shed and do it there. This is one of the reasons suicidal people are labelled selfish.

Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
That's similar to what I wrote and although it was posted before I knew the daughters age I stand by it completely. Who in the world would allow their wife and daughter to find their corpse? Go for a drive and do it, take a walk somewhere and do it, lock yourself in a garden shed and do it there. This is one of the reasons suicidal people are labelled selfish.

according to some dude up there, asking that question is judgemental... be carefuL!

Reactions: Mentalmick
Aloken

Aloken

I choose love
Jan 25, 2021
according to some dude up there, asking that question is judgemental... be carefuL!
I'm not "some dude". You really show no respect at all to me while I was being respectful to you. Yes, it was judgemental. Deal with it.
You have no right to say stuff like that to a person that is in pain and DYING. You haven't lived his life, you haven't walked his shoes, you don't know anything about his circumstances and his situation in his house. Yet you chose to say such a cruel thing to him while he was in his last moments. You can stand by it all you want, it doesn't make it any better FOR ME or right and this is my opinion and I wanted to express it.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: NegativeSymptoms and Life_and_Death
Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
I'm not "some dude". You really show no respect at all to me while I was being respectful to you. Yes, it was judgemental. Deal with it.

You have no right to say stuff like that to a person that is in pain and DYING. You haven't lived his life, you haven't walked his shoes, you don't know anything about his circumstances and his situation in his house. Yet you chose to say such a cruel thing to him while he was in his last moments. You can stand by it all you want, it doesn't make it any better FOR ME or right and this is my opinion and I wanted to express it.
I call everyone dude....
I said nothing judgemental and you admitted that but still use it against me!?

Donk

Donk

Useless since day 1
Jan 3, 2020
TBF the reason there has been so much drama surrounding this goodbye thread is because OP was not transparent with his situation. I don't think OP owe any of us an explanation. However all he said was he was gonna drink Cyanide, his wife and daughter will find his corpse and his daughter is 31 yo. It's hard to make any judgement without the full context to his story. Suicide in and of itself is a selfish act regardless of how or where you do it. Unfortunately pain will manifest whether it's our own suffering or suffering of others.

• Love
Reactions: IHaveNoName, Life_and_Death and Mentalmick
Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
I haven't said anything about your opinion. You're entitled to it same as I am. I assume he's dead and gone now, his pain is over and his wife and daughters is just beginning. It's a shit storm all round, some of which could of been avoided. WHERE'S THE FUCKING QUOTE WENT.

Last edited:
Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
TBF the reason there has been so much drama surrounding this goodbye thread is because OP was not transparent with his situation. I don't think OP owe any of us an explanation. However all he said was he was gonna drink Cyanide, his wife and daughter will find his corpse and his daughter is 31 yo. It's hard to make any judgement without the full context to his story. Suicide in and of itself is a selfish act regardless of how or where you do it. Unfortunately pain will manifest whether it's our own suffering or suffering of others.
He didn't say his daughters age until he was asked / it was assumed
I personally don't think anyone was judgemental, just shocked at how this all came about. It didn't seem to have any thought or planning to it. Maybe he did but he didn't eleborate

• Hugs
Reactions: Donk
Aloken

Aloken

I choose love
Jan 25, 2021
I haven't said anything about your opinion. You're entitled to it same as I am. I assume he's dead and gone now, his pain is over and his wife and daughters is just beginning. It's a shit storm all round, some of which could of been avoided.
If they really were the ones who found him, definitely, some of their pain could have been avoided. But sometimes you just don't have another way out, especially in these covid times. Anyway, have a nice day

Reactions: NegativeSymptoms
Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
He didn't say his daughters age until he was asked / it was assumed
I personally don't think anyone was judgemental, just shocked at how this all came about. It didn't seem to have any thought or planning to it. Maybe he did but he didn't eleborate
Maybe it's just the way I think but "When my wife and daughter return home, there will be nothing they can do." sounds a bit vindictive.

Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
Maybe it's just the way I think but "When my wife and daughter return home, there will be nothing they can do." sounds a bit vindictive.
It sounded selfish which is why I think a lot of people got their backs up. We try and say suicide isn't selfish to some aspect, then you get comments like that. It's a very thin line

Reactions: Mentalmick
F

foxdie

Got my ticket
Aug 18, 2020
I'm very sympathetic to both sides of the debate of the harm you can cause to others vs the pain of the individual who is suicidal but maybe we should make a new thread to continue this discussion?

I don't know, regardless of how you feel about OPs actions this is their goodbye thread. Based on what I've read I believe they are truly gone. I just feel we should leave space in this thread for people to mourn OP if they knew him or anyone else who wants to comment on their passing. I might be out of line here but I just feel like maybe this debate shouldn't be in this particular thread. I'm sorry everyone, none of this is an easy topic so I'm not trying to attack anyone regardless of opinion. I am also a bit drunk so everything is making me more sad then usual so that might explain my feelings too.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Life_and_Death, Aloken, justsad&done and 1 other person
Aloken

Aloken

I choose love
Jan 25, 2021
I call everyone dude....
I said nothing judgemental and you admitted that but still use it against me!?
I don't care about the "dude", the "some" makes it disrespectful. What? Who used against you what?? You said to the other person who was judgemental that "some dude up there said it was judgmental" and I replied to your irony and said that yes, it was. I don't know what's your deal, I'm not attacking you nor using anything "against you". Jesus Christ
I'm very sympathetic to both sides of the debate of the harm you can cause to others vs the pain of the individual who is suicidal but maybe we should make a new thread to continue this discussion?

I don't know, regardless of how you feel about OPs actions this is their goodbye thread. Based on what I've read I believe they are truly gone. I just feel we should leave space in this thread for people to mourn OP if they knew him or anyone else who wants to comment on their passing. I might be out of line here but I just feel like maybe this debate shouldn't be in this particular thread. I'm sorry everyone, none of this is an easy topic so I'm not trying to attack anyone regardless of opinion. I am also a bit drunk so everything is making me more sad then usual so that might explain my feelings too.
You are absolutely right, I was thinking about it myself. I honestly didn't think this would blow up.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: foxdie and Life_and_Death
greyhound

greyhound

Arcanist
Oct 8, 2020
Responses like this will just lead to fewer people posting goodbye threads.

OP obviously planned things out to be able to obtain or create cyanide (including the fact that this was his username).

I personally feel Goodbye thread motive questioning should be limited to instances where people seem to be acting impulsively or irrationally.

No one knows his family situation and if he wanted his last moments to be at his own home who are we to judge that.

• Love
Reactions: Umbreon, Avyn, NegativeSymptoms and 4 others
L

Last chance

Specialist
Feb 6, 2021
The amount of disrespect in this thread is disgusting. This is someones goodbye thread and here you are posting memes and bickering with each other.

Reactions: Umbreon, Avyn, NegativeSymptoms and 7 others