• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Oliver

Oliver

Experienced
Feb 28, 2024
The things that adults do are just a cope from the meaninglessness, pointlessness and futility of life. No wonder why so many people have addictions (me included but they're like internet, this forum and caffeine), and look to substances as and for an escape: because life itself sucks and this reality is depressing
Everything becomes less and less exiting with time, and I don't know what the solution is. Yeah, we know of course - but that's also scary and that's why so many of us are still here...
Return to monke
Hahaha true dat!

sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that's just me
Sep 13, 2023
To be fair. I think both communism and capitalism are horrible ideologies. Only the elites thrive in those societies. I don't know what the solution is though...
@DarkRange55 What do you think?

Oliver

Oliver

Experienced
Feb 28, 2024
I mean, America was still pretty capitalistic back in the 60's, but life was soooo much more affordable for the average worker at least.

Grandparents: "just pick yourself up by the bootstraps".

- yeah you bought a 4 bedroom house for 10.000$ so pls stfu.

Last edited:
K

KafkaF

Taking a break from the website.
Nov 18, 2023
@DarkRange55 What do you think?
I know you didn't ask me and I'm not a communist, but 99% of the time when someone says something like that they lack an understanding of communism and are mostly familiar with the American propagandist cartoon of communism.

• Informative
Reactions: sserafim
ohmydays

ohmydays

Mar 25, 2024
I wish I could be a kid again. I feel so much nostalgia for the past and my childhood. I wish that I could go back to better days. I wish that I didn't have to be independent and make my own way in the world. I don't want to have to support myself. There's nothing that I would hate more than having to adult (work for a living, pay bills, rent, taxes etc). I never even wanted to grow up anyways, and I wish that I were never even born in the first place. I never asked for any of this, yet I'm burdened with all of these problems (of survival). My uncle said that my mom has no more (legal) obligation to (support) me since I'm past the age of 18, and that it's "shameful" that I'm still living at home with her, but I don't agree with this. Parents should support their children unconditionally, as it was they who brought them into this world and burdened them with existence.
i miss this feeling too. i find myself trying to relive those days in anyway i can. listening to the music i used to listen to and playing the same games i did as a kid ( was a huge maplestory fanatic growing up haha). however, it just leaves me feeling depressed because i realize that i cant get that feeling back. i wish things were as simple as before. no real responsibilities, or worrying about how to sustain myself. i just miss the simple days.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
I know you didn't ask me and I'm not a communist, but 99% of the time when someone says something like that they lack an understanding of communism and are mostly familiar with the American propagandist cartoon of communism.
Wdym? What is communism really like?

Malaria

Malaria

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead
Feb 24, 2024
See, more than capitalism, I'm more upset with corporatism and hyper consumerism. I have no problem with free markets, it's more when the government has unreasonable control over said markets that I take issue with. I don't like corporations lobbying, etc.

Oliver

Oliver

Experienced
Feb 28, 2024
See, more than capitalism, I'm more upset with corporatism and hyper consumerism. I have no problem with free markets, it's more when the government has unreasonable control over said markets that I take issue with. I don't like corporations lobbying, etc.
Yeah, it's not really a free market when these giant conglomerates control literally everything. They have complete monopoly and almost all newcomers who dare try to enter the market gets obliterated.

Malaria

Malaria

Feb 24, 2024
Yeah it's not really a free market when these gigantic conglomerates control literally everything. They have complete monopoly and almost all newcomers who dare try to enter the market gets obliterated.
This is why I was really happy when Steamboat Willie became public domain...

• Informative
Reactions: sserafim and Oliver
K

KafkaF

Taking a break from the website.
Nov 18, 2023
Wdym? What is communism really like?
I'm on my phone right now so typing up a long explanation would be hard. Maybe tomorrow when I'm back at my computer.

But briefly I'd just say: There is no one "true" communism. But over the years the term has been applied to some very distinct and varied ideas and systems that all work differently. And so nuance needs to be given to discussing it in the context of actually finding a solution to the current economic and political problems. Because one communism is not the same as another. And America during the cold war painted one very specific, negative picture of it for political purposes which is still prominently believed as the only version today.

Last edited:
  • Informative
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
The cost of living is high people cant kick their kids out at 18 . Lots of people in their 20s and 30s are living at their parents
Well my uncle says that hypothetically I shouldn't be living at home anymore (since I'm already an adult). I don't think that he knows, understands or cares about this

Malaria

Malaria

Feb 24, 2024
Speaking of nostalgia, only people who were growing up in the 00s will understand this, but I miss raunchy stupid comedies with pop punk soundtracks. There, I said it.

divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Enlightened
Jan 1, 2024
Well my uncle says that hypothetically I shouldn't be living at home anymore (since I'm already an adult). I don't think he knows, cares about or understands this
Doesn't sound like it

dödsängel

dödsängel

Mar 15, 2023
I don't have a problem with capitalism necessarily
I just don't think work has any value
The goal in life is to get the best result with the least effort, normies always look down about NEETs but I really don't think they're any better for working or anything
With AI we could probably end the system the way it is now people in power will never let that happen
It is what it is
I have a good enough financial/career situation to be able to check out early and rot young so whatever

Oliver

Oliver

Experienced
Feb 28, 2024
The cost of living is high people cant kick their kids out at 18 . Lots of people in their 20s and 30s are living at their parents
It's mostly an American and western-Europe kind of phenomenon to look down on people who lives with their parents in their 20's, but it really shouldn't be like that imo. If your single and your parents aren't unbearable then I think it's perfectly reasonable.

Maybe in your 30's it's a different story but this "oooh bro you're 20 and still lives with your parents wtf you are a loser duh" attitude really needs to stop.

divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Enlightened
Jan 1, 2024
It's mostly an American and western-Europe kind of phenomenon to look down on people who lives with their parents in their 20's, but it really shouldn't be like that imo. If your single and your parents aren't unbearable then I think it's perfectly reasonable.
That's true lots of people live with their parents till the end if they don't get married

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
The weird thing is that my family is Asian, yet they still look down on me for living with my mom in my 20s. Maybe they've become Americanized though

divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Enlightened
Jan 1, 2024
The weird thing is that my family is Asian, yet they still look down on my for living with my mom in my 20s
Isn't it common for Asian women to live with their family in adulthood?

dödsängel

dödsängel

Mar 15, 2023
I actually agree with this, I don't inherently see any value in work either... at least if it isn't fulfilling to the person doing it.
There are two things about life
1. Everything is based on your own perception
2. You don't get to determine what your perception is

So literally just live it doing whatever you want, and if you can't fulfill your desires (which is basically just anything that makes you happy), try to change them. If you can't, then kill yourself.
I don't think there should be any stigma around suicide.
We all die anyway, and if you genuinely look to your future and see more bad than good then why would you put yourself through that? Just die

Oliver

Oliver

Experienced
Feb 28, 2024
The weird thing is that my family is Asian, yet they still look down on me for living with my mom in my 20s. Maybe they've become Americanized though
Yeah it could be the reason, unfortunately..

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
I don't have a problem with capitalism necessarily
I just don't think work has any value
The goal in life is to get the best result with the least effort, normies always look down about NEETs but I really don't think they're any better for working or anything
With AI we could probably end the system the way it is now people in power will never let that happen
It is what it is
I have a good enough financial/career situation to be able to check out early and rot young so whatever
I'm a NEET right now; I've been one ever since graduating college, but I don't know how long it will last for. I just don't see a point in working my life away if I'm going to die in the end anyways. I'd rather die now honestly. Adulthood is just not worth living for me; I don't see anything fun or enjoyable about it. I see more bad than good about it

Last edited:
Reactions: dödsängel
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
I'm on my phone right now so typing up a long explanation would be hard. Maybe tomorrow when I'm back at my computer.

But briefly I'd just say: There is no one "true" communism. But over the years the term has been applied to some very distinct and varied ideas and systems that all work differently. And so nuance needs to be given to discussing it in the context of actually finding a solution to the current economic and political problems. Because one communism is not the same as another. And America during the cold war painted one very specific, negative picture of it for political purposes which is still prominently believed as the only version today.
Yeah, its often used a pejorative term in the US

• Informative
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
Maybe Mr. Franz Kafka should explain @KafkaF
I'm a NEET right now; I've been one ever since graduating college, but I don't know how long it will last for. I just don't see a point in working my life away if I'm going to die in the end anyways. I'd rather die now honestly. Adulthood is just not worth living for me, I don't see anything enjoyable about it. I see more bad than good about it
I think thats a matter of perspective so I won't knock it

• Informative
dödsängel

dödsängel

Mar 15, 2023
I'm a NEET right now; I've been one ever since graduating college, but I don't know how long it will last for. I just don't see a point in working my life away if I'm going to die in the end anyways. I'd rather die now honestly. Adulthood is just not worth living for me; I don't see anything fun or enjoyable about it. I see more bad than good about it
There is literally no point if you don't want to do it, if you have a good degree there are ways to just save and be able to retire/move to a cheaper country when young but that requires a lot of work and being frugal
That is assuming the "retirement" after is even worth it to you
I'm not sure about the legality of suggesting this lol, so all I will say is that in America guns are easy to get
I actually agree with this, I don't inherently see any value in work either... at least if it isn't fulfilling to the person doing it.
anything can be work tbh
I would much rather be retired and just work on my hobbies
don't know how slaving to make some rich fat fuck richer is any more valuable than jsut doing whatever I genuinely enjoy