• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
Freedom is only an illusion. People are forced or misguided into this world to work for some masters.

• Informative
Reactions: sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that's just me
Sep 13, 2023
You have to remember that your mind exxagarates feelings of nostalgia, if you was to go back you'd probably realise it wasn't all that special most likely.
I guess so but I just miss being a kid; I hate being an adult
Freedom is only an illusion. People are forced or misguided into this world to work for some masters.
Wdym by "forced or misguided?" How so? By the archons? What masters?

PolishPanda46

PolishPanda46

Chill man
Mar 23, 2024
I guess so but I just miss being a kid; I hate being an adult
Both have pros and cons, but I think once you leave your parents, it's much better because you don't have anyone telling you what to do. Tho I'm not sure since I'm freshly 18 and still at my parent's house so 🙏

• Informative
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Both have pros and cons, but I think once you leave your parents, it's much better because you don't have anyone telling you what to do. Tho I'm not sure since I'm freshly 18 and still at my parent's house so 🙏
Tbh I don't see any pros about being an adult

Reactions: natthebrat
Guy_Smiley

Guy_Smiley

Just another lost soul
Jan 4, 2024
I would still ctb because I don't want to get old or enter old age. I can't imagine living past 25.

"Old" is of course a relative term, but I'm pretty sure you can live past 25 and not be old. :))

Even for professional athletes, whose job requires their bodies to be in peak physical condition, they are not considered old until their early to mid 30s. If you eat relatively healthy, exercise, don't use tobacco or hard drugs, and avoid alcohol (or just drink in moderation) you can remain very youthful (i.e. energy level, appearance, physical capability, etc) and healthy well beyond that.

• Informative
T

TiredOfAllThis

Arcanist
Feb 5, 2024
As for me - I'm not nostalgic about that time at all. Maybe a few happy moments, but that's that.

• Informative
natthebrat

natthebrat

only help i want is with ctb
Jul 9, 2023
I hear that a lot from some, but tbh I can't relate, I guess bc I had very liberal, open-minded parents who I rarely disagreed with or who unnecessarily bossed me around anyways. Thus I'd much rather live by my parents' rules than by my employer's rules.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
I'd much rather live by my parents' rules than by my employer's rules.
Same. Adulthood doesn't give you more freedom; work is basically modern day slavery. I would say that adulthood actually takes away your freedom and chains you to the rhythm. This describes Americana

Last edited:
Reactions: natthebrat
SoulCage

SoulCage

Dec 28, 2023
I don't agree with the living standard from 1900. Most of us here don't have good living standards. Just because we can live to 90+ because of the advancement of medicine doesn't mean it'll be a "comfortable" life. Plus the amount of resource hoarding has skewed things to the extreme.
I came here to say that I totally agree with this statement.
I am not (that) stupid, I know that our technological and medical advancement decreased suffering, but in reality it just replaced it with new problems. Examples: we decreased transportation times for goods by using fuel powered vehicles, but the exhaust is making our climate hotter, resulting in crop failure and less food. Or creating energy for mass-manufacturing, meaning we can have more items that make or life simpler but again.. hurts the environment. As well as inventions of products that ultimately increased rate of diseases, including cancer or cardiovascular problems. Mass-accumulation of trash that further spoils the environment... There are many modern Problems that didn't exist back then and obviously there are many old-time problems that are nearly non-existent today.
And people keep saying we have a better life only because we are preventing more death? I just can't agree with that...

Sorry it's a bit off topic to the "nostalgia" topic, but it's very much related to the pain of being an adult (forced because of having no choice).
I also feel nostalgic for the days as a kid/teen when I was still in school and didn't have to worry that much about the future. Like yes... I was scared of messing up my grades, but the weekly work was actually simple and I had long vacations to look forward to. I never feared that making a mistake will make me immediately homeless, or having no food, or having to deal with debt.
My past self would probably say:"hell no, my life is pretty hard. Constant assignments, no money for luxury and my time schedule is not flexible. Once I am an adult I have more freedoms!". But I think if my past self would see me now then she would be speechless and enjoy the good life. Hahaha, what a fool...

• Informative
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Sorry it's a bit off topic to the "nostalgia" topic, but it's very much related to the pain of being an adult (forced because of having no choice).
I also feel nostalgic for the days as a kid/teen when I was still in school and didn't have to worry that much about the future. Like yes... I was scared of messing up my grades, but the weekly work was actually simple and I had long vacations to look forward to. I never feared that making a mistake will make me immediately homeless, or having no food, or having to deal with debt.
My past self would probably say:"hell no, my life is pretty hard. Constant assignments, no money for luxury and my time schedule is not flexible. Once I am an adult I have more freedoms!". But I think if my past self would see me now then she would be speechless and enjoy the good life. Hahaha, what a fool...
My past self never thought that as an adult, I would have more freedoms. Ever since I was a kid, I never wanted to grow up. I was forced to by the inevitable passage of time. I became an adult against my will. I don't want to ever become a "real" adult. I would rather die. Adulthood is just a bunch of forced responsibilities, demands, and obligations that I never even wanted in the first place. There's really no point in working for a living if you're going to die in the end anyways. I'd rather die now and bypass work (aka modern day slavery) and old age, and go to death directly. There's nothing to gain by working your life away. I hate how your survival and livelihood rely on work. Why do you have to earn your basic needs on this planet, a planet that you never even consented to being on? It's all just so absurd to me. Food, water and shelter should be human rights. People shouldn't have to work, earn, or pay for them. I hate how everything in this world depends on money

Last edited:
Reactions: SoulCage
SoulCage

SoulCage

Dec 28, 2023
My past self never thought that as an adult, I would have more freedoms. Ever since I was a kid, I never wanted to grow up. I was forced to by the inevitable passage of time. I became an adult against my will. I don't want to ever become a "real" adult. I would rather die. Adulthood is just a bunch of forced responsibilities, demands, and obligations that I never even wanted in the first place. There's really no point in working for a living if you're going to die in the end anyways. I'd rather die now and bypass work (aka modern day slavery) and old age, and go to death directly. There's nothing to gain by working your life away. I hate how your survival and livelihood rely on work. Why do you have to earn your basic needs on this planet, a planet that you never even consented to being on? It's all just so absurd to me. Food, water and shelter should be human rights. People shouldn't have to work, earn, or pay for them. I hate how everything in this world depends on money
From your posts I have seen here and other threads, I already noticed that you are extremely intelligent, even already have been as a kid it seems. I totally understand how you got to the conclusion, even as a child. You could already see the world for what it really is and it's quite remarkable.

I think I very much bought into the fantasies that were "sold" to me via advertisement, pop culture and family observations. They made it look easy, but what the hell it's actually not.

H

Hotsackage

Wizard
Mar 11, 2019
You think galactic civilizations have currency? BOGUS man, peace and love

• Yay!
ScroogeMcDeath

ScroogeMcDeath

Mar 28, 2024
Nostalgia is something I actively avoid. It doesn't feel good. Is it supposed to feel good?

E

Erick

Student
Jan 18, 2024
I wish I could be a kid again. I feel so much nostalgia for the past and my childhood. I wish that I could go back to better days. I wish that I didn't have to be independent and make my own way in the world. I don't want to have to support myself. There's nothing that I would hate more than having to adult (work for a living, pay bills, rent, taxes etc). I never even wanted to grow up anyways, and I wish that I were never born in the first place. I never asked for any of this, yet I'm burdened with all of these problems (of life and survival). My uncle said that my mom has no more (legal) obligation to (support) me since I'm past the age of 18, and that it's "shameful" that I'm still living at home with her, but I don't agree with this. Parents should support their children unconditionally, as it was they who brought them into this world and burdened them with existence.
Being independent and living by yourself is a lot more cool than living with your parents.
When we live with our parents we have to obey their orders and do what they say. My dad kicked me out of his house once, and I had to sleep on the street for two nights. It was really bad.
Having to pay bills really sucks though. But one day our parents will die and we will have to pay the bills anyway, so there's no where to hide