• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
Reading all of your second section. Playing "god" . What you're suggesting in theory would be considered good but how long until someone abuses that power.

In the US it seems they want more people to get diabetes. Keeps the money coming in.

lol. I think we all understand the void. People getting upset about politics, pro life, anti natalists and all this stuff doesn't change anything.

The last one was simply a joke between @sserafim and I. She's a strong anti-natalist but I would personally like to have children someday. Thats just me.

One more note on inflation: Many things aren't correlated with inflation. Or have their own levels of inflation One example – college costs. College costs have been rising at a faster rate than pencils, right? Many items aren't inflationary at all. Today I can buy a computer that's 100 times more powerful and less expensive than one purchased 15 years ago.
Reading all of your second section. Playing "god" . What you're suggesting in theory would be considered good but how long until someone abuses that power.

In the US it seems they want more people to get diabetes. Keeps the money coming in.

lol. I think we all understand the void. People getting upset about politics, pro life, anti natalists and all this stuff doesn't change anything.

Mexico actually has a higher rate of obesity than the US.
I think that issue is multilayered - lobbying from the corn industry, sedentary lifestyle, ect. I don't think its the government's "goal." Since it actually looses them money. Corperatation have a disproportionate influence on government affairs which is deeply concerning. But I don't think the government actively plots to make people heavy. It's also terrible for the military and is currently a big issue. My aunt is head of healthcare for the Business Round Table and also headed healthcare legislation since Bobby Kennedy. She would be a much better source of authority on the subject than me, TBH.

Power is the ability to make things happen, whether for good or for evil or for neither (a volcano has lots of power but it is neither good nor evil).

I would worry more about the advent of true AGI. My friend is a researcher currently working on that. It is always unintended consequences. And I don't necessarily mean "skynet." There are so many misconceptions within AI Theory.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: sserafim
Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
The last one was simply a joke between @sserafim and I. She's a strong anti-natalist but I would personally like to have children someday. Thats just me.

One more note on inflation: Many things aren't correlated with inflation. Or have their own levels of inflation One example – college costs. College costs have been rising at a faster rate than pencils, right? Many items aren't inflationary at all. Today I can buy a computer that's 100 times more powerful and less expensive than one purchased 15 years ago.

Mexico actually has a higher rate of obesity than the US.
I think that issue is multilayered - lobbying from the corn industry, sedentary lifestyle, ect. I don't think its the government's "goal." Since it actually looses them money. Corperatation have a disproportionate influence on government affairs which is deeply concerning. But I don't think the government actively plots to make people heavy. It's also terrible for the military and is currently a big issue. My aunt is head of healthcare for the Business Round Table and also headed healthcare legislation since Bobby Kennedy. She would be a much better source of authority on the subject than me, TBH.

Power is the ability to make things happen, whether for good or for evil or for neither (a volcano has lots of power but it is neither good nor evil).

I would worry more about the advent of true AGI. My friend is a researcher currently working on that. It is always unintended consequences. And I don't necessarily mean "skynet." There are so many misconceptions within AI Theory.
Is your friend going to make Sonny with human emotions and Will Smith is going to have to kill V I K I to prevent us being wiped out?

Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

No chances to be happy - dead inside
Nov 25, 2021
My childhood was awful, I really wish I could relate to this in some way to know what other people's childhoods were like. Being an adult is the best thing that could've happened to me as it gave me more control over my life. All my childhood I looked forward to adulthood so I could get away from things, I couldn't get older fast enough.

Reactions: ijustwishtodie
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
Is your friend going to make Sonny with human emotions and Will Smith is going to have to kill V I K I to prevent us being wiped out?
Looool
Part of the challenge, without getting too deep into this because I'm hoping to interview him in the near future for an AMA thread on the subject is, emotions and motivations may be emergent and come about not by design - our current neural network models actually simulate a being having to evolve and adapt to challenges and require a reward system for its behavior.

Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
Looool
Part of the challenge, without getting too deep into this because I'm hoping to interview him in the near future for an AMA thread on the subject is, emotions and motivations may be emergent and come about not by design - our current neural network models actually simulate a being having to evolve and adapt to challenges and require a reward system for its behavior.
Can I ask why you are here? I've heard a lot of shit stories and it makes me feel like shit as well of people abuse, trauma, childhood events, disabilities and more. Just the very depths of the depravity of humanity.

Presuming you mean an AMA thread but not here? lol.

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
Can I ask why you are here? I've heard a lot of shit stories and it makes me feel like shit as well of people abuse, trauma, childhood events, disabilities and more. Just the very depths of the depravity of humanity.

Presuming you mean an AMA thread but not here? lol.
I meant an AMA specifically on the topic of machine learning/AGI research.

However, to your question, everyone has asked me why I'm here if I don't want to ctb and I'm not depressed. Everyone seems to freely speculate about it and I let them.
I don't judge anyone for what they went through or wanting to ctb. That is an individual's decision. I don't discount anyone's subjective experiences. All I can do is offer my own personal opinions on topics, which is just that, my 2 cents. And offer the empirical data on subjects that I have it on. Sometimes I'm wrong and I have openly admitted that on this site before and it's fine. It just means I learned something new.
Everyone has their own life to live (or ctb). And it's not my job to play vigilante. If people want someone to talk to or want my personal take on advice then I offer it. If they take it, leave it, trash it, disregard it - thats fine, too. Personal choices are up to the individual. I feel compassion for the traumas that people have gone through. I don't pretend like I can fix that. I just wish everyone health, wealth, love and time to enjoy it. If they want to ctb, well I wish them peace and if they want to recover then I wish them the best of luck going forward. Again, we all have choices to make, we all have our own cross to bear. I certainly don't have all the answers, no one does.

Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
I meant an AMA specifically on the topic of machine learning/AGI research.

However, to your question, everyone has asked me why I'm here if I don't want to ctb and I'm not depressed. Everyone seems to freely speculate about it and I let them.
I don't judge anyone for what they went through or wanting to ctb. That is an individual's decision. I don't discount anyone's subjective experiences. All I can do is offer my own personal opinions on topics, which is just that, my 2 cents. And offer the empirical data on subjects that I have it on. Sometimes I'm wrong and I have openly admitted that on this site before and it's fine. It just means I learned something new.
Everyone has their own life to live (or ctb). And it's not my job to play vigilante. If people want someone to talk to or want my personal take on advice then I offer it. If they take it, leave it, trash it, disregard it - thats fine, too. Personal choices are up to the individual. I feel compassion for the traumas that people have gone through. I don't pretend like I can fix that. I just wish everyone health, wealth, love and time to enjoy it. If they want to ctb, well I wish them peace and if they want to recover then I wish them the best of luck going forward. Again, we all have choices to make, we all have our own cross to bear. I certainly don't have all the answers, no one does.
Sorry I meant doing an AMA thread on machine learning but on sanctioned suicide lol.

It's interesting as I've not encountered anyone of this forum that isn't CTB or depressed (or both). Did you join out of curiosity?

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
Sorry I meant doing an AMA thread on machine learning but on sanctioned suicide lol.

It's interesting as I've not encountered anyone of this forum that isn't CTB or depressed (or both). Did you join out of curiosity?
There is one other person… let me try to find their username, one sec.

Yeah, I'm gonna hopefully post it maybe late next month.

Be warned, I PERSONALLY, am not an economist or computer scientist. My background and training is more high-finance, infrastructure engineering, and physics.

dweams

dweams

i feel tired…maybe I’ll get wings
Feb 26, 2023
Did you join out of curiosity?

I'd like to know why too. I was under the impression that anyone who didn't want CTB was usually a pro-lifer and was banned from the forum.

Last edited:
Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
There is one other person… let me try to find their username, one sec.

Yeah, I'm gonna hopefully post it maybe late next month.

Be warned, I PERSONALLY, am not an economist or computer scientist. My background and training is more high-finance, infrastructure engineering, and physics.
Don't you feel depressed dealing with individuals in the high finance sector?

I can't deal with these high net worth idiots in property. Just comments they've made and how they act is just completely off putting. The UK property industry is really grubby and dirty. Hated it.

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023

I can't deal with these high net worth idiots in property. Just comments they've made and how they act is just completely off putting. The UK property industry is really grubby and dirty. Hated it.
@Proteus hello my friend! Sorry to call upon you, but didn't you mention the other day that you don't want to ctb and you're a user on this site? 😅

What did you do in UK property?

Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
@Proteus hello my friend! Sorry to call upon you, but didn't you mention the other day that you don't want to ctb and you're a user on this site? 😅

What did you do in UK property?
Agency work along with development analysis/sales. To most people it's a "property broker" . I don't want to go into too much detail here but a lot of people within that field are ruthless, greedy, bitter, delusional, etc.

It's my own first hand experience of seeing resource hoarding.

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Personally, I can't relate to this as my childhood has been awful and I don't have any nostalgic moments at all as there was nothing that I enjoyed even in childhood. However, even for me, I'll admit that adulthood is far worse than childhood as adulthood causes so many challenges for me which I can't really cope with but, during childhood, I progressed through academics with relative ease. However, this doesn't mean my childhood was good as it wasn't

My childhood was awful, I really wish I could relate to this in some way to know what other people's childhoods were like. Being an adult is the best thing that could've happened to me as it gave me more control over my life. All my childhood I looked forward to adulthood so I could get away from things, I couldn't get older fast enough.
I relate to the first part of what you wrote. I can't comprehend what it's like to enjoy a childhood and to have nostalgic moments and so on. In my case, I think I would have liked adulthood more if I could actually cope with it and get the things during adulthood that I couldn't get during childhood but that's impossible for me

Shar

Shar

Experienced
Nov 23, 2023
Same, everything was so magical. I wanted to go back to that time, but not with the mind I have now, but with the mind of a child i was. It would have been better if I had died right there.

Guy_Smiley

Guy_Smiley

Just another lost soul
Jan 4, 2024
My main reason to ctb is to avoid having to work. I would hate to have to earn a living. Work is literally modern day slavery. I don't see how being an adult gives you more freedom. I think that it actually lessens your freedom because you have to become a slave to the system

Would you still want to ctb if you never had to work? What if you could live a very comfortable, even luxurious, life without ever having to work?

• Wow
Shar

Shar

Experienced
Nov 23, 2023
Well -
Over the past 50-100 years we've had a massive increase in the global population. We've had massive productively gains with technology and overall the world has been pretty prosperous. A big part of that comes from demographics where you have a population pyramid of more young people supporting not that many old people. You have a huge workforce that is paying payroll taxes (at least in the US) and paying Medicare taxes, ect. And that helps support old people and finance the system. Now birthrates are collapsing globally especially in east Asia and the US. America's population pyramid is all from immigration (we'll see how long that lasts…). But overall we've had an inversion of population pyramids. At least in democracies, the old cohort is going to be a massive voting block and they will continue to vote themselves as many benefits as possible as the younger generations continue to shrink as they don't have as much say in politics. Maybe this will lead to some kind of fascism, I don't know. The whole current financial system is based on population growth, productivity gains and the transfer payments from working individuals to retired individuals. So in 100 years when the population begins to collapse and the taxes are much higher - global stock markets, government debt and taxes to support an aging population globally (this will even come for Africa, too, at some point. They probably have it worse because they have huge birthrates now that will probably reverse), whats going to happen? I imagine its going to be worse - taxes and government debt will be high and the stock market (depending on what is representative of the stock market) may not do as well because you have fewer people working in corporations. The only thing that I think would save us would be some type of new technological revolution which maybe enhances lifestyles or lifespans and makes massive gains in productivity for a shrinking working population. Which is entirely possible. If we don't have massive increases in productivity or reverse this crisis, government finances may be so strained that retirement benefits are cut and maybe the global economy starts to flatten out or decline.

I think you might need to save way more than expected (even with an index strategy), live frugally and work longer than expected (even if its part time) 🤷‍♀️

The social security system is not a savings account. It's a transfer system - The US Social Security system is primarily a transfer system rather than a savings account. It operates on a pay-as-you-go basis, where current workers' payroll taxes fund benefits for current retirees, survivors, and disabled individuals. It doesn't function like a traditional savings account where individuals' contributions are invested and accumulate over time for their own future use. Instead, it redistributes income from current workers to current beneficiaries. The Social Security Administration (SSA) invests a portion of the Social Security trust funds in special-issue, interest-bearing federal government securities, which are essentially government bonds.

This is a whole area of research and analysis for the USA and many other countries that I do not know very well. YES, demographics and intergenerational transfers in many different countries with many complex financial and tax issues.

https://www.nber.org/programs-proje...-disability-research-center?page=1&perPage=50

It's not a Ponzi scheme - it's a transfer system. You to your parents, your parents to your grandparents and your children to you, ect.

So do you think the reason for the economic problems we have today has more to do with population growth than with the economic decisions that countries make? because it doesn't make much sense to me in a world with 8 billion people. There is no shortage of young people in the world, but there is a lack of qualifications for these people.

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
So do you think the reason for the economic problems we have today has more to do with population growth than with the economic decisions that countries make? because it doesn't make much sense to me in a world with 8 billion people. There is no shortage of young people in the world, but there is a lack of qualifications for these people.
That is a very broad generalization and misunderstanding of what I'm saying. No, what I'm saying is: the government retirement system is an intergenerational transfer system. That is what is specifically in trouble, that I am referring to in the above post.

If you look at the demographic pyramids of developed nations, even in China, populations are aging and declining. There is a shortage of young people to old people in many developed countries, particularly in Europe.

As you can see, populations are continuing to grow in Africa and the US is largely growing due to immigration. Japan, Korea, Europe, ect are declining.

Last edited:
  • Informative

A clown 🤡
Jan 2, 2023
I hate my whole life, from childhood until now, i don't feel nostalgia but i'm in constant longing for a life i don't have.

Note: it has to do in part with neglect and emotional abuse.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I've thought about this as an actual idea. Should parents only bring children into this world if they can afford to support them financially their entire lives? Maybe I'll run it as a poll out of curiosity...

Of course- that isn't practical for most people I imagine. But, it's an interesting idea because otherwise, we are effectively being bred for wage slavery and the capitalist/cosumerist machine.

Of course, the majority of parents out there will have had to have worked. Very likely still will be working. So- to them, they aren't asking us to do anything they already haven't and I suppose that's how they justify everything. I was bullied and survived, I had illnesses and pulled through, I'll die one day. My child will be absolutely fine with all that shit too. In fact, they'll be chuffed we gave them that opportunity.

Reactions: sserafim and Pluto
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
I wish I could be a kid again. I feel so much nostalgia for the past and my childhood. I wish that I could go back to better days. I wish that I didn't have to be independent and make my own way in the world.
I agree with you, though as a senior citizen I can add a bit of complexity to the topic.

With the rose-tinted rear-view mirror ignoring the family dysfunction, bullying and health issues, I used to refer to the age of 6-12 as my golden age. It was an age where I didn't have to worry about the barrage of chores and obligations inherent in just existing. The fact that I had no self-esteem and was not socialised did not cause critical problems just yet, and I naively had no idea what a dystopia was coming.

Later, as an isolated young adult, my favourite escapism was exploring the world of nostalgic music and video games from my heyday, since it still carried the whiff of innocent times. Unfortunately, even this cannot really sustain and it becomes all the more pitiful when normal young adults are all rapidly moving forward with their lives in so many ways.

Eventually I entered the workforce. I never had any sort of support, so learned to put all my money into buying a house for the sake of independence. It wasn't fun. I only paid it off recently and am quite badly burned out from the experience. In the time that passed, I've become viewed as a weird loner who gets so little out of life that nobody can relate. It's a vicious circle that can all be traced to a childhood trajectory gone totally wrong.

I will add that when a workplace combines activities that you are good at and also benefit others, it can be a fulfilling experience that is vastly preferable to doing nothing. Having an income and achieving goals can also be satisfying compared to feeling reliant on others.

It's also very important to make good decisions at a young age to prevent a bad situation spiraling into an outright nightmare. My big regret is investing so much into escapism. The clock is ticking.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Nostalgia is a hell of a drug, it's already been making feel like I miss 2020 even though that year was pretty awful for me.

S

sadman710

Student
Mar 22, 2024

And once again despair is kissing me
With her cold ghostly lips
My own destruction is leading me to my grave
That I digged for many times
And once again I'm becoming a spectral thought
Forgotten, sad, miserable shit
As I fall into the black spheres among lonely memories
You've broken us, piece by piece

The score of my soundtrack is written by blood
Music of suicide written in red
I did it myself, my wrists are also opened
And like my tears, it's cascading
Everything has been lost behind us
On my kness, hands on my face
The sun is appearing into the spring morning
Where I'm lying there's just nothing than my dust

Now you don't care about him
You live on the other side of feelings
But our February snow
Is now covering my lifeless body

Nostalgia!
Nostalgia!
Nostalgia!

Shar

Shar

Experienced
Nov 23, 2023
If you look at the demographic pyramids of developed nations, even in China, populations are aging and declining. There is a shortage of young people to old people in many developed countries, particularly in Europe.
yet the unemployment rate in these countries is high, especially in China. If they need more young people to work, why is the unemployment rate?
Also, AI will replace a lot of labor in the future.

Last edited:
candlebøx

candlebøx

the wired
Sep 21, 2023
Your uncle sounds like a sociopathic asshole, no offense.
Yes, a clueless, low IQ meat puppet coded by modern society to extend his worthless bloodline, thus creating more slaves to this twisted system benefiting the elites. Yet, he doesn't even realise it. It's YOU, who's fucked up for questioning the morality of such action. I honestly despise people like him.

natthebrat

natthebrat

only help i want is with ctb
Jul 9, 2023
Same, there's lots of things that I like mainly just bc they were things I liked a lot when I was younger. If I'd ever had to exist at all, I wish I would've died when I was 10. Then I could've only lived to experience when I was genuinely happy most of the time and then ceased to exist just before everything went downhill.

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
yet the unemployment rate in these countries is high, especially in China. If they need more young people to work, why is the unemployment rate?
Yes, it likely will but that doesn't solve the pension issue.
It's high for multiple reasons but that just exacerbates the pension issue.
Again, I'm pointing out transfer system issue here, don't miss the forest from the trees… many economists are actively researching this issue in many countries. Read the links above.

It's also not that high relatively speaking…

It's a two year high which isn't good but relatively low…

So I don't understand your point 🤷‍♀️ that's not solving the issue here
"Unemployment in the European Union has reached its low point in the twenty-first century in 2023."

High unemployment in China can stem from various factors, including economic shifts, structural changes, and policy decisions: economic slow down, transition from manufacturing based economy to service based, rural-urban migration, SOE reforms, demographic changes, ect

Last edited:
  • Informative
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that's just me
Sep 13, 2023
Would you still want to ctb if you never had to work? What if you could live a very comfortable, even luxurious, life without ever having to work?
I would still ctb because I don't want to get old or enter old age. I can't imagine living past 25.