A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018
So far I've been set on the SN DSMO method until I read about this guy who made an "art installment" that is basically a Futurama suicide pod. It uses liquid nitrogen.
Nitrogen is a gas while liquid nitrogen is a cold as fuck gas in a can. Ok, yes, delwar, but still, it's just a fancy can.
The question then arises: if the nitrogen method is as painless as advertised, would it not be easier to buy a couple of 50l liquid nitrogen cans, drive to the middle of nowhere (armed with a SERIOUS coat), crack the cans open and let yourself go in said car?
Am I missing something here?
With liquid nitrogen, the main issue would just be money.

GeorgeJL

GeorgeJL

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2019
So far I've been set on the SN DSMO method until I read about this guy who made an "art installment" that is basically a Futurama suicide pod. It uses liquid nitrogen.
Nitrogen is a gas while liquid nitrogen is a cold as fuck gas in a can. Ok, yes, delwar, but still, it's just a fancy can.
The question then arises: if the nitrogen method is as painless as advertised, would it not be easier to buy a couple of 50l liquid nitrogen cans, drive to the middle of nowhere (armed with a SERIOUS coat), crack the cans open and let yourself go in said car?
Am I missing something here?
With liquid nitrogen, the main issue would just be money.
The only thing that might stop it from working is that you would need more liquid nitrogen to cover the volume of the car.

A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018
The only thing that might stop it from working is that you would need more liquid nitrogen to cover the volume of the car.
So just buy more cans. The only reason I'm kind of afraid of it is because I might start coughing and survival instinct kicks in and forces me out of the car. Otherwise, the answer would simply be "needs more cans!"

GeorgeJL

GeorgeJL

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2019
So just buy more cans. The only reason I'm kind of afraid of it is because I might start coughing and survival instinct kicks in and forces me out of the car. Otherwise, the answer would simply be "needs more cans!"
Oh and you might need a high surface level to help the LN evaporate.