• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Bull in a China shop

Bull in a China shop

Self destruction button in play
Oct 21, 2020
I had a failed suicide attempt in February, my mum stated that I was being selfish because she is the next of kin and will have to pay for my debts and funeral costs, does anyone know if i can take her of from being next of kin? Paying for my own funeral isn't a option as even to just be cremated and put in the ground it's £1000,00. Beachy head was my option but still a chance my body will be washed up, I have less then 3 weeks to sort it out

J

JustLosingMyself

Mage
Sep 4, 2018
It's false.
Being next of kin does not make you responsible for debts or funeral cost of adult family. I don't know for minors, but then minors can't legally enter into contracts, which is what loans are, without a guardian's permission and guarantee anyway.

If you're under 18 you shouldn't be here, really. I don't know for

Bull in a China shop

Bull in a China shop

Self destruction button in play
Oct 21, 2020
Thank you for your reply, I did think that was the case but she kept bringing up that she had to pay for my grandad funeral when he passed, I will have to look into pushing my wishes for a council burial, I haven't the funds to get cremated in a couple of weeks I won't even have a roof over my head.

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
She won't have to pay your debts unless she cosigned for them. She also has the right to waive any responsibility as next of kin.

Silver

Silver

The 21st century is when everything changes
Aug 8, 2020
Do next of kin have to pay for the funeral?
It may have been many years since someone was in touch with their closest family when they are dying, or die.

When someone dies alone, or without family or friends to claim them, the hospital or local authority will begin the process of tracking down next of kin.

The aim is to identify and inform close family members of the person's death, and if the person did not leave a will, to identify who will take responsibility for arranging the funeral.

A spouse – or spouse that the person was separated, but not divorced, from – children or parents, may be traced as next of kin.

In these circumstances, the next of kin may choose not to claim responsibility for the person who has died.

When a person is unclaimed by next of kin, the local authority that oversees the place where the person died, will arrange a public health funeral, sometimes also known as a pauper's funeral, for them.

Facing funeral costs that were unexpected, can be difficult for families who are traced as next of kin in this way. In circumstances where families waive responsibility for making the funeral arrangements, they will still generally be advised about when the funeral will take place.

If it turns out that the person left property or savings, their funeral costs will be recovered from this estate.

It looks like if she refuses to acknowledge you as next of kin and if nobody else did either, you'd get a pauper's funeral?

That same webpage has this information about next of kin:

The NHS has a free-to-download Next of Kin Card, which you can fill in and carry with you. You can provide details of the person who you'd wish to be contacted if you were admitted to, or died in hospital.

The person identified as your next of kin will be informed about your care, consulted over organ and tissue donorship and about any post-mortem necessary, as well as making the arrangements for you to be taken into a funeral director's care.

So I think you could nominate anyone as next of kin (if they agreed to it).

Reactions: phalaenopsis
W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
I had a failed suicide attempt in February, my mum stated that I was being selfish because she is the next of kin and will have to pay for my debts and funeral costs
Okay, so I know this post is about the next-of-kin question, but can we for a moment focus on another issue here? This is not an empathetic nor appropriate response for a loved one who has expressed such pain with life that ending life seems to be the best option. This is the problem. Everyone who is supposed to be "supportive" really only cares about their own feelings and their own selves.