• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

T

tuto170

Student
Jul 1, 2019
Hello everyone I want to give insights into this new AD medication as I have used previously Lexapro (cipralex) and amitriptyline and bupropion for major depression. I was on lexapro for 3 years, but this SSRI was giving me anxiety, panick attacks, but elevated mood, also had diarrhea and insomnia. 10 Days ago I started to withdraw from Lexapro and had dizziness, high pitch noise in my ear and anxiety.
4Days ago I started Brintellix:
Day 1: no noticeable effects
Day2: Lowered anxiety
Day3: Started feeling calm and having 50% less anxiety, started being more talkative, washed dishes and cleaned the house for 4 hours.
Day 4: Woke up after 9 hours of sleep, (slept badly, mom kept me waking up in the morning) overall, in 1 hour i prepped meal for my grandmother, drank coffee, set a blaze a furnice and started EXECISING first time in 5 months for 2 hours, 50% less anxiety still persisted and 30% anxiety converted into excitement and the rest was 20% anxiety which is really minor. Started listening to new songs, my limb weakness disappeared and started positively daydream about my future, what I am going to do and felt positive.
So far no side effects, besides still consistent insomnia (can be from Lexapro withdrawal still)
I am on 5mg brintellix, one of the lowest dose (maybe I am sensitive to it so it works at this dose)
Worth mentioning that it causes nausea more than other SSRI's but I did not experience, often reported are headaches and itchiness. I might experienced mild itchiness, but it is just a small part.
It is worth also mentioning it causes least sexual side effects from all SSRI's (besides bupropion, which actually caused my ED!)
Feel free to ask anything about this med, I will keep updated once in awhile (last target should be in a month, when effects fully settle in)