• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

crippled with grief
Nov 8, 2021
Has anyone watched this series on Netflix? One of the few multi-season shows that I think has a satisfying ending. Watched it a while back with my ex and it's difficult to think about because we loved it so much, but I think it has a lot of good and contrasting themes that relate to life and death.

S

seaweaves

they/them
Oct 25, 2021
It's one of my favourite shows, and I use it as a reference in some of my professional work. Still have many critiques of it (if the thread kicks off, I could ramble), but out of the sitcoms out there, it's among my top favourites for sure, and one of the few shows I can tolerate rewatching without totally dissociating from the content.

S

Siegfrida

Nov 21, 2021
I like this show too (even though it has its flaws), have watched all seasons.

Reactions: Rocinante
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I love this show. It presents a much better version of the afterlife than any other religion or philosophy has managed to offer (at the end of the series at least).

Anytime I feel afraid of death I just imagine that I'll have infinite tries to redeem myself before getting to go into the literal Good Place then when I'm ready I can finally die for real in a perfectly blissful manner.

Finis Autem Spero

Finis Autem Spero

Dec 30, 2019
I've not been able to get the wave returning to the sea analogy out of my head ever since I saw the end.

It may not be perfect, but it's always going to have a special place in my heart for how much it resonates. Michael's desire for humanity and Chidi's acceptance of the end just tickle my brain in a way most things don't.

Obliviate

Obliviate

Abandon All Hope
Aug 13, 2022
The ending made be bawl like a baby, gave me an existential crises, and a full blown panic attack, one of the best shows I've ever seen

Reactions: Rocinante
Hallowed Needles

Hallowed Needles

Professional Time Waster
Jan 21, 2023
Has anyone watched this series on Netflix? One of the few multi-season shows that I think has a satisfying ending. Watched it a while back with my ex and it's difficult to think about because we loved it so much, but I think it has a lot of good and contrasting themes that relate to life and death.
Pretty solid sitcom. Im usually not fond of when series like that slowly dump the comedy for the sake of drama but they did it in an enjoyable enough way. The solid characters and interessanting themes def helped

Reactions: seaweaves
Source Energy

Source Energy

I want to be where people areN'T...
Jan 23, 2023
One of the best, thought provoking series ever! I watched it years ago and now I got the itch to watch it again. I never really believed in Heaven/Hell, but omg that ending ! If it is a hell, this might well be it.
I remember a scene that aligned so much with my beliefs. Kristen's character was gifted a plant by her gossipy, apparently mean neighbor. For a while they were in good terms and she was watering that plant and it was thriving. Then one day she started cursing out that girl after an argument and the plant started wilting. Her guardian angel pointed that out, and said the plant just reflected their relationship, which had now begun to deteriorate because of her feelings. It is like this in life, on energetic level. When we bad mouth someone, we are sending out the negative vibes, and the person receives it, even if they didn't hear a word.