• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

grandtrinefire

grandtrinefire

Mar 4, 2024
I've read when taking sodium nitrite to control vomitting with prescription metoclopramide. I emailed my doctor requesting a prescription, telling him I'll be taking boat trips and want it for seasickness. He responded saying it has serious side effects and instead gave a prescription for scopolamine patches 1MG/3DA DIS PADA, and also suggesting over the counter dramamine. I'm going to assume neither will do the trick. Any opinions or experience?

• Informative
Reactions: heysunshine
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Not sure about the scopolamine patches helping nausea or not, but the Dramamine is mentioned in the PPH as an OTC alternative to meto for controlling vomiting from SN. I think others here on SS without access to meto have used it in their regimen for SN. How effective it is I have no idea.

davidtorez

davidtorez

Experienced
Mar 8, 2024
Metoclopramide gave me diarrhoea. I also have Dramamine on hand . I tried Dramamine as a test and didn't get any side effects . I'm not sure if diarrhoea is considered a serious enough side effect to not use it for ctb purposes though ? I'm also not sure if Dramamine will be strong enough for keeping poisons down ? I know it's mentioned in the PPH , though I'd like to hear real life experiences

MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

sleep deprived and/or drunk
Jul 23, 2023
aren't those motion sickness patches? you should have asked here before contacting your doc

dodo11

dodo11

Jan 27, 2024
I've read when taking sodium nitrite to control vomitting with prescription metoclopramide. I emailed my doctor requesting a prescription, telling him I'll be taking boat trips and want it for seasickness. He responded saying it has serious side effects and instead gave a prescription for scopolamine patches 1MG/3DA DIS PADA, and also suggesting over the counter dramamine. I'm going to assume neither will do the trick. Any opinions or experience?
Tell them you've had Maxalon (brand name) before and you didn't have any bad side effects. You could always try another GP?

MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

sleep deprived and/or drunk
Jul 23, 2023
You could always try another GP?
probably has to now. it's not a good idea to ask for a specific prescription. just state symptoms and let the doc decide.

dodo11

dodo11

Jan 27, 2024
probably has to now. it's not a good idea to ask for a specific prescription. just state symptoms and let the doc decide.
I asked my GP for a specific prescription. They didn't give it, the gave me a different one. I made another appointment and said the last antiemetics gave me diarrhea and that the Maxalon didn't. They then prescribed me Maxalon. Same GP.

Reactions: MyChoiceAlone
Thanksforeverything

Thanksforeverything

A handshake of carbon monoxide
Jul 24, 2023
For severe nausea/vomiting, OTC meds don't really work that well from my personal experience. Dramamine, in particular, was completely useless for me, all it did was make me drowsy since it's technically just an anti-histamine with anti-emetic properties. The side-effects your doctor's referring to for antiemetics such as metoclopramide are likely anti-pyramidal symptoms since they cross the blood-brain barrier. These symptoms can be quite unpleasant. If you want you can try to get something like Domperidone or Ordansetron or Promethazine instead of Meto as they would be my next go-to AE. Tell your doctor you've had one of these before when you had severe nausea and they should be more inclined to give it to you.