• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Ash

Ash

Wizard
Oct 4, 2021
I was reading an old thread about underrated methods and someone mentioned the yew tree. As a child I was always warned to never eat red berries as we had a lot of yew growing near us. Anyway, it got me thinking about natural poisons and wondering what's the most toxic, quickest, yet least painful (at least with modern medicines e.g. antiemetics etc).

Does anyone have any thoughts or recommendations on where to do further research?

S

sanitystruggle

Experienced
Mar 12, 2024
It's fairly prolonged (6hrs+) and seems to cause unpleasant and distressing symptoms. There are lots of case reports if you search on DuckDuckGo or Google.

The Wikipedia pages are a good starting point:

Most natural plant poisons seem to be pretty painful/unpleasant and not peaceful.

Reactions: Ash
Ash

Ash

Wizard
Oct 4, 2021
I didn't just mean yew but anything that can be harvested/gathered.

S

sanitystruggle

Experienced
Mar 12, 2024
Aconitum (Wolf's bane), hemlock, Oenanthe crocata etc. etc. ... All sound pretty unpleasant. Even cyanogenic plants like bitter Cassava seem to be quite drawn out and grim.

Reactions: Ash
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
There's one very important thing. It's always unknown how much poison is in certain parts of the plant. That's crucial aside from the fact that plant poisoning is very unpleasant. Imo if there were any plants that grant a peaceful exit they'd be widely known.

Last edited: